ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 03-08-09, 01:10 PM

Manick will become famous soon enough
Strong heartbeat with Vyvanse

Not too long ago I accidentally took a double dose of Vyvanse in the morning because I had a memory lapse and didn't think I had taken one already. You know how you feel sometimes after just waking up and are in a rush; you go into automation mode, and sometimes you don't think but just do things just by having a routine pattern you are instinctually familiar with. But anyway, I usually take 70mg in the morning and this time I happened to take 140 and didn't realize it till I was almost out of the door and leaving. I spent the next 4 hours feeling no side effects, but was probably too tired that day to notice the positive effects until after lunch. At lunch I had two cups of coffee, and when I got back to work my noticed I that my heart began to become more prominent. Not necessarily that much faster, just more obvious. I had to take periodic deep breaths, but it wasn't actually uncomfortable; it just felt strange and I was of course a little worried because it IS my heart.

Did anyone else have a similar experience with Vyvanse when they had their dosage increased? I am wondering if the coffee might have also contributed and added to that. But is it anything I need to worry about, and it is a health concern? I need to ask this because I want to ask my doctor for a dosage increase next meeting, but I don't think he's really got that much experience with Vyvanse. Its just one of those things that we started trying to see if it would work, and it is working, but not nearly as much as it used to.
Old 03-08-09, 05:28 PM
Jr Member

eche05 is on a distinguished road
Re: Strong heartbeat with Vyvanse

I've had a similar experience, and yes, coffee exaggurated it (coffee inhibits the cardial-suppressent adenosine).

In Laymen's terms, your heart was beating faster, so it needed more oxygen to pump, hense you breathing faster. I would be more worred about your blood pressure (to possibly alleviate, take a mild blood-thinner like asprin).

You should be fine. There have been cases of much higher doses with little effects.
Old 03-09-09, 08:17 PM

Manick will become famous soon enough

I measured my pulse at about 120, or 20 beats every 10 seconds. I have no way of measuring my blood pressure at the moment, but its high enough that I can feel my pulse even up near my foreheads hairline, and even physically see my hearts pulse rate vibration by watching my stomach when lying down. I am 24 years old and weigh about 171 pounds by the way.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-27-09, 05:27 PM

(ADHD)ERIC will become famous soon enough

I have had a similar experience on Adderall. Does anyone know if this is OK? Or are we playing with fire?