ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-09-09, 03:55 PM
Jr Member

adderallxrgener is on a distinguished road
Getting Adderall XR in Mexico?

Hi all,

Sorry for posting something similar to a common theme, but I am really having trouble paying for my Adderall XR.

For some reason, my college's insurance plan was able to exclude "learning disabilities and disorders, and Attention Deficit Disorders" from coverage. I was hoping the generic XR's release would save me, but prices dropping from $170/$180 to $150 (for 10mg/day) isn't going to really help me a lot.

I live reasonably close to Mexico and was wondering if I could get a better price there (legally...with a prescription).

Or anyone have any other suggestions? Paying $1800/year is really not an option for this grad student...

Old 04-09-09, 04:02 PM

roflcon is on a distinguished road
Re: Getting Adderall XR in Mexico?

I am in the same situation too. have you tried looking for cheaper single coverage insurance plans that can cover your meds.
Old 04-09-09, 04:09 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

D.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura aboutD.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura about

If by "prescription" you mean one of those croakers that you can get scripts from in mehico than no. The only thing those guys are getting you is hydrocodone/codeine and benzos.

I wouldnt try to bring a bunch of amphetamine across the border anyway. Thats what johnny cash got arrested for :v
Sponsored Links
Old 04-09-09, 04:30 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by roflcon View Post
I am in the same situation too. have you tried looking for cheaper single coverage insurance plans that can cover your meds.
I have not. I am at a bit of a loss. Apparently it will become a "full" generic in another 6 months and other companies will be able to manufacture it. Until then, I'm willing to try anything (legal)...

Do they make plans that I could supplement my (absurdly awful) plan with that are less than $150/month? If so, I would love any suggestions...

Thanks!
Old 04-09-09, 04:34 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

D.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura aboutD.B. Cooper has a spectacular aura about

Why dont you switch to dexedrine? If you're cool with your doctor they'll switch it. Its much cheaper and you get more bang for your buck so to speak.
Old 04-09-09, 04:35 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
If by "prescription" you mean one of those croakers that you can get scripts from in mehico than no. The only thing those guys are getting you is hydrocodone/codeine and benzos.

I wouldnt try to bring a bunch of amphetamine across the border anyway. Thats what johnny cash got arrested for :v
No, I mean take my legitimate prescription to a legitimacy pharmacy in Mexico where the pharmaceutical companies don't have as much power and prices are lower (like in Canada).

If it is illegal, then I won't do it, but I believe lots of people up north take advantage of the lower prices in Canada. I just would like to do the same.
Old 04-09-09, 04:36 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.B. Cooper View Post
Why dont you switch to dexedrine? If you're cool with your doctor they'll switch it. Its much cheaper and you get more bang for your buck so to speak.
I will ask, but she did not want to switch me to regular adderall (generic). I have had trouble with addiction before, so this is a bit sensitive for me.
Old 04-09-09, 04:45 PM
ADDvanced Member

Kerstin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by adderallxrgener View Post
No, I mean take my legitimate prescription to a legitimacy pharmacy in Mexico where the pharmaceutical companies don't have as much power and prices are lower (like in Canada).

If it is illegal, then I won't do it, but I believe lots of people up north take advantage of the lower prices in Canada. I just would like to do the same.
I *think* (someone correct me if I'm wrong) it is somewhat legal to get a limited amount of medicine (three months worth?) from legitimate Canadan pharmacies with an American proscription. Its not totally legal, but I think the US government just ignores it. BUT I do not think they allow Addarall or other schedule II drugs across the border, so you're probably out of luck here.

There are website that say they will write you a proscriton and give you the medicine, but this is a horrible and very dangerous idea. Those places are not regulated and you have no idea what they actually send you.

What about IR? The generic has been out for awhile and is pretty cheap.
Old 04-09-09, 04:58 PM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kerstin View Post
What about IR? The generic has been out for awhile and is pretty cheap.
I am going to check with my doc again and see if she will switch me over to IR until XR goes fully generic (read: prices below $5/pill).

I think she had concerns about addiction potential...which appears to be valid from what I have read.
Old 04-10-09, 03:32 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,630 Times in 5,039 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Consider trying a discount drug card. Savings can be up to 50%. Check one out here.

Your state may also have a discount drug program. Check out the 211 site for your area. First call for help on the web. They should be able to get you information.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
Old 04-11-09, 05:55 AM
Jr Member

tomxkite is on a distinguished road

Also, consider buying it at Costco; it is typically 50% less than CVS or target.

You don't need to be a member for cosco to use thier pharmacy.