ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips > ADD Publications, Audio & Video Tapes
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

ADD Publications, Audio & Video Tapes Discuss your favorite AD/HD related books & tapes.

Old 04-19-09, 06:45 AM
Contributor

γ-quantum has a spectacular aura aboutγ-quantum has a spectacular aura about
Post a few ADHD & Asperger / Autism documentarys for download...

important:
  • the files are hosted on rapidshare. downloading the files is free, but after downloading one part, it will tell you to wait 15 minutes until you can download again. if you have a dynamic ip address - which will apply for almost everybody - you can just disconnect your internet connection and reconnect again, then you can immediately download the next part.
  • you will need winrar (or a similar archive manager) to be able to extract the files. make sure you got all parts of a video, then open the file and extract the video to your hard disk.

documentarys in english language:

BBC HORIZON - living with ADHD
Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD) is one of the most feared and misunderstood of all medical conditions. Despite over 200 scientific papers being published on this neurological condition every year, it remains stigmatised and controversial. Some doctors don't even believe it exists.
LINK
download: part 1 | part two | part three

PLANET PARENT - Asperger syndrome
Geek, nerd, or the weird kid. Every schoolyard has a couple: the kids on the fringes who play alone and have obsessive interests in say astronomy or insects. It’s painful for these kids who just don’t fit in, and also for their families who aren’t sure how to help. Yet we are now learning that this sort of obsessive behavior could be a sign of a kind of high-functioning autism known as Asperger’s Syndrome, which has only been identified in the last decade. Thousands and thousands of adults may have grown up with Asperger’s and not known it. It’s prevalent -- but tough to diagnose.
LINK
download: part one | part two

A is for Autism
Based on sketches or animated sequences by people with autistic syndromes, this film shocks with the beauty of the haunting images, opening a little window to the alternative perception present in autism, bare though of any shallow sentimentalism. The content is valid medically, and the images are of the most beautiful animated icons in films.
LINK
download: part one

Autism - make me normal
Roxanne is a typical teenage girl who is into music and clothes but struggles to make friends due to "inappropriate" behaviour and sudden violent attacks. Moneer lost his mother recently and is prone to bouts of frustration. Esther is alone and generally an outsider in her community, with a background of always being by herself. Roy obsessively talks about Eastenders and gets annoyed if his video collection has it's labelling even slightly out of whack and is easily thrown by new things. All four of them are pupils at Spa School in London, a state school for pupils with autism. This documentary follows the four people and sees what "normal" life means for them.
LINK

documentarys in german language:

das creative chaos - ADHS bei erwachsenen
Bei mindestens fünf Prozent der Menschen tritt in der Kindheit eine Form der ADS/ADHS auf. Viele von ihnen werden bis im Erwachsenenalter davon beeinträchtigt. Dabei sollte man eher von einer erbbedingten Persönlichkeitsstruktur sprechen als von einer Krankheit. Die Menschen mit ADS/ADHS sind anders, ein Anderssein, das aber auch unbedingt Vorteile in sich birgt: Kreativität, Spontaneität und großes Mitgefühl prägen sie. Ein Leben voller Stigmata ist ihnen ein Graus, eine Welt des computergesteuerten Mittelmaßes lässt sie erst krank werden.
LINK

zappelphillip und traumsuse - leben mit ADHS
Heinrich Hoffmann nannte ihn 1844 in seinem Buch "Der Struwwelpeter" einfach "Zappelphilipp" – einen hyperaktiven Jungen mit Konzentrationsproblemen. Heute sprechen Ärzte fachmännisch von einem Aufmerksamkeitsdefizit-Syndrom mit oder ohne Hyperaktivität - kurz ADHS.
LINK
download: part one | part two | [art three | part four

EOF

phew... i'm confused by all those links and tags and stuff, hope i didnt make any mistakes... if something isnt working, let me know! enjoy
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to γ-quantum For This Useful Post:
Addr68 (04-19-09), MX2012 (09-13-13), Stefan (11-04-09)
Old 11-02-09, 03:04 PM

Raico is on a distinguished road
Re: a few ADHD & Asperger / Autism documentarys for download...

hi
thanks for the links.. im really hot after that german documentary since i can speak perfect german but simply cannot find it anywhere on the web. The rapidshare links are down. could you repost it?

thanx again

http://bomberos.rosenberg.es -Voluntary Firemen of Adeje
The Following User Says Thank You to Raico For This Useful Post:
whatsthebuzz (11-29-11)
Old 11-04-09, 11:23 PM
ADDvanced Member

Stefan will become famous soon enough

thanks
hope I won't cancel the download in the middle
Old 09-18-10, 05:20 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

crazycat1990 is just really nicecrazycat1990 is just really nicecrazycat1990 is just really nicecrazycat1990 is just really nice

People may also be interested in the documentary from the BBC in 2002. I love this documentary, the kids are great and what a great mother they have - looking after 7 kids, 4 of which are boys on the autistic spectrum/ADHD/dyslexia etc.

My Family and Autism

Joe's bedroom reminds me of mine when I was younger (And even now )

"You laugh bec[color=Blue][size=1]ause I'm different. I laugh because you're all the same."

"Be crazy because there's no time to be cool."

"Don't follow in my footsteps, I run into walls."

Old 12-21-10, 03:25 AM

Nicolas05 is on a distinguished road

Asperger documentary is very helpful for the one who is having this syndrome. Because Asperger’s syndrome is different from one child to another, each child must be guided on an individual basis. While visual learning may work for one child, it may not work as well for another.
Old 11-29-11, 07:09 AM

Fozzy Bear 85 is on a distinguished road

Hi I have just recently been told that my son has been confirmed as having ADHD and I was hoping that someone could give me advice as to if a child (age 6) can be told to lie? e.g. if someone has told them to tell a lie and can they keep the lie ongoing if the person is persistently telling them the same lie to tell on a daily occasion.
Old 09-13-13, 09:32 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Location: you carry your claim wherever you go - bob wier ACE
Thanked 1,467 Times in 923 Posts
Blanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant futureBlanched Dubois has a brilliant future

https://www.youtube.com/watch?featur...&v=yG_xSBsFMPQ

http://www.ncld.org/students-disabilities

If your child struggles with learning or has LD, your role in advocating for him or her is crucial. What works best? A collaborative relationship with your child’s teachers and the school, strategic approaches to homework, and understanding your child’s IEP inside and out—to name a few. The information below will help you get your child the assistance he or she needs to succeed.

Disabilities school - Schools for learning disabilitiesFINDING A SCHOOL
The right school is a place where your child feels supported and that provides the services your child requires to succeed. More >
Assistive technology - Assistive technology for childrenASSISTIVE TECHNOLOGY
Assistive technology can help children with LD use their strengths to work around or compensate for a learning problem. More >
Communication with Parents and Teachers - Parent Teacher ConferenceRTI & PARENT-SCHOOL RELATIONSHIP
A positive, collaborative relationship with your child’s school makes it easier to advocate for your child’s success. More >
Disabilities in education - Students with disabililitiesESPECIALLY FOR TEACHERS
Explore strategies that will help you to support all individual learners’ needs—including those with LD. More >
Homework tips - Study skills for kidsHOMEWORK & STUDY SKILLS
Helping your child get homework done doesn’t have to be a daily battle. Lessen the stress factor with good study habits. More >
Accommodations for students - Students with disabilitiesACCOMMODATIONS
Your child with a learning disability may be eligible for additional support in the classroom that may impact their progress in school. More >
504 Plans - IEP for SchoolIEP & 504 PLAN
Students who qualify for special education services are entitled to an Individualized Education Program (IEP) or 504 Plan to support their educational needs. More >
common-core-standards-sp1COMMOM CORE STANDARDS
What are Common Core Standards, and how do they affect your child’s education? More >
The best way to support your child is to build a strong, positive relationship with those who play a role in educating your child.

~ Sir Winston Churchill