ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 04-21-09, 11:10 AM
Jr Member

prodrift101 is on a distinguished road
Vyvanse in small doses!

I started taking Vyvanse about two months ago at 50MG after talking to my psychiatrist. Initially, I asked for Adderall XR but got this new crap. I used it sparingly for a while, and then revisited my psych and she recomemended upping the dosage to 60MG. Okay whatever...blah blah blah. ANYWAY, when I first started taking it, my psych recommended opening the pill, splitting the dose in half, putting it in water, and drinking the water. Okay, blah blah blah, whatever. I did that for the first few weeks until I got used to it, then I took a whole pill, maybe only once or twice though. (all before I revisited the doctor) So, I get the second script, fill it, and do the half pill thing. So instead of 25MG, I took 30MG. No real intense effect like taking the whole pill, just kind of spacey at first then kind of alert, then spacey again. I also noticed that I tend to get really hot as it absorbs into my body. >_> I haven't taken a whole 60MG caplet yet, however this morning, I took half, had a panic/anxiety attack five minutes later, drove my wife to school, got coffee, and came home. I laid in bed for about two hours trying to calm myself down getting 15 mins of sleep at the tail end of two hours. When I woke up, I felt refreshed and energetic, the dose had kicked in (I find that naps allieviate panic attacks). I took the rest of my dose at 10:00AM today, and it worked until about 5 or 6, then I just got really tired.

When I split the 50MG and 60MG Vyvanse, I gave the other half to my wife, and we have pretty much gone through the same thing. She also has ADHD. Yes I know it's illegal, bad morals, blah blah blah, but please no preaching, psychiatrists are VERY expensive.

I actually like the effect of Vyvanse, but not as much as Adderall. If I had to choose, I would take adderall. With Vyvanse, I tend not to crash has hard, or as longer as I do with Adderall. After taking a dose of Vyvanse, I sit, and I wait, and wait, AND wait. It dosen't start working for me for about an hour and a half. Usually, since im a hypocondriact, I have a panic attack within five minutes of taking vyvanse and thoughts like, "Crap, why'd I do that? Am I gonna have a heart attack now? Why is it hard to breate? Why the **** is it so hot in here? I feel nautious. I'm going to throw up," all run through my head, but that's normal for me, I'm used to that. Vyvanse helps me pay attention and stay on track throughought the day, but I could do without the nervousness all the time. I'm confident that the nervousness isn't from the Vyvanse, it's happened to me prior. The half and half dose last me from 9AM to about 5-6PM, then I crash, but gently.

Just thought I would share my experiences, and since Vyvanse is fairly new, I figured I would get a thread about it started up. Thanks for reading.

^^^Written on April 19, 2009^^^
Today: April 20, 2009
I didn't take any Vyvanse today. I felt like crap from the time I woke up until about an hour ago. I don't feel good, but I don't feel crappy. More crappy than good. I just want to lay down and sleep, so work sucks, and my mind keeps drifting, hence the fact I'm on this forum instead of working.

Also, this is day one of quitting smoking cigarettes. Easy for me now, but when I take a dose of Vyvanse tomorrow, it will be hard to resist the urge. I'm still not too sure about a whole 60MG dose. I'm sure it's fine, but anxiety really sucks. TIRED.
Old 04-22-09, 10:45 PM

yasemin is on a distinguished road
Re: Vyvanse in small doses!

I spent the first month exhausted, in pain and dizzy with Vyvanse. I have to say that now I've got a few good weeks behind me and my energy is back, the anxiety is gone and the neck pain is getting less and less. I was not able to split up the doses over one day due to MAJOR anxiety attacks that I had from doing that. I am happy with the medicine now that the break in time has passed. good luck!!