ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 05-09-09, 02:34 PM
ADDvanced Member

leana is on a distinguished road
is vyvanse and dexedrine the same on drug tests?

a friend of mine takes vyvanse in the morning,and dexedrine spansules in the afternoon.he was wondering if they would show up as the same drug in a drug test?
Old 05-09-09, 02:47 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Ruby85 has a spectacular aura aboutRuby85 has a spectacular aura about
Re: is vyvanse and dexedrine the same on drug tests?

Yes, they should. In both of them, dextroamphetamine is the active ingredient.
Old 05-09-09, 04:20 PM
Contributor

γ-quantum has a spectacular aura aboutγ-quantum has a spectacular aura about

in theory, you should be tested positive for amphetamines in a standard urine / sweat drug test, yes.

it can be determined with a blood test wether you took e.g. dextroamphetamine or methamphetamine or whatever though, so, if needed, a blood test can give the 'proof' that you only took the stuff that a doctor prescribed you, not street drugs.

i dont know for what exactly you need this info, but if you're e.g. driving, you should have a note from your doctor that says you're taking prescription amphetamines for adhd, just to be save... and you dont get into trouble because of 'drugged driving' or anything.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-09-09, 05:08 PM
Jr Member

JBiscuit is on a distinguished road

Yes, Vyvanse and Dexedrine would show up the same on drug tests.

Vyvanse is dexedrine, only with an alternation to the molecule. Dexedrine has been bonded to an amino acid to create Vyvanse and to give it the 'pro-drug' qualities.

This amino acid (Lysine) has been fused to the Dexedrine (D-Amphetamine) to create Lisdexamfetamine. This critical fusing ensures that only when one digests the medication that they can gain the effects.

Only the liver contains the enzymes necessary to break down that bond, effectively releaseing the D-Amphetamine into the system.

The science behind Vyvanse is absolutley brilliant.

Because the liver can only create so much of this enzyme to cause the hydrolysis (breaking the bond), the medicine is controlled.

The body naturally controlls how much amphetamine will reach your brain.

With adderall (and others), the amphetamine goes straight into your blood system with no monitoring. This leads to abuse, overdose, and possible brain damage.

I am no lisenced doctor or chemist. I am a high schooler. I am a vyvanse taker, and I wanted to be sure that I knew what I was injesting. Go search YouTube for "Vyvanse," and you can find a doctor talking all about it.