ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Visual Arts, Photography and Artwork A place for ADD Forum members to showcase their creative photography and/or any 2-D and 3-D art in other mediums.

Old 04-10-03, 09:17 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,038 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Andrew - Photo Album

Hi all

I used to spend a great deal of time doing photography, but after I got out of school, I just never found the time to take it up again. The link below will lead you to a photo album of some of those pictures.

Andrew's Photo Album

Many people have encouraged me to take up photography again, and maybe I will one day

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 04-10-03, 01:20 PM

mark is on a distinguished road
Hi Andrew! Really enjoyed your photographs. Favorite one is "Beaux-Art Bridge" That one spoke to me, I love that flowing geometry. Interesting that I was also very into photography in my younger years. Wonder if there is a corelation with ADHD? Hmmmm
Thanks
Old 04-10-03, 02:28 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks, Mark. I have heard the same about Photography and other artistic forms of expression from other ADDers. One theory I have been contemplating regarding the correlation, is that many ADDers may find creating things a satisfying "quick fix" to their self-esteem. Being able to produce poetry, photographs, etc. is a way of saying "look what I can accomplish!" This may also be why we get bored of our hobbies after a while, as the novelty of the creative process has worn off a bit.

Sponsored Links
Old 04-10-03, 02:48 PM

Andrew, the solution I have found to getting bored with a hobby is to start a new one. Lets see.....

Motorcross racing
Motorcycle riding on the street
Mountain biking
Target Shooting
Downhill Skiing
Drag Racing
Rappelling
Reading
Internet
Collecting..............Hmmmm, what else? Well theres.............
Old 04-12-03, 12:01 PM

Andrew!!! this is too weird. I just read yesterdays USA Today newspaper, and they published a photograph of that exact same bridge you took a picture of! At least I think its the same one. The caption read: "Graceful Span:The charm of the Bow Bridge is evident in this vintage photo. It is one of 47 bridges, arches and overpasses in the park" It was an article titled THE BIG 150. (Do you think they meant big, or did they mean you, BIG !!!!!). Something about the NY Central Park anniversary celebration captured in old photos was the main topic.

Strange how the hyperactive mind cant remember what the date is, but can pick out a tiny photograph.
Old 04-12-03, 01:42 PM
Ghost in the Machine

No way!!!!!!! Dang...Did you happen to save the article???

Ever since you mentioned that, I began looking for pics...This is cool http://www.centralparknyc.org/virtua...ogallery/9016/

Old 04-12-03, 02:22 PM

Its the Friday April 11, 2003 edition. Section D LIFE, front page. The picture is old, the men in it are wearing bowler hats. Copyrighted by the Central Park Conservancy. Run out to the local 7-11 or Piggly-Wiggly (down in Florida LOL). Usually have leftover copies sitting in the shelf. If not, I'll be glad to mail it ya'
Old 05-25-03, 02:28 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Now....What's REALLY cool...is if you run the panoramic picture in the link 2 posts up, and move the image around to the tan building with 2 towers, you will see the building where I grew up, and lived for 17 years.

Old 09-09-03, 06:18 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

healthwiz will become famous soon enough
That's some real artistic and photographic talent you have there Andrew. I throw in some encouragement to pick up the camera and lenses again. It's wonderful looking at your photos. You're photos have a distincitive style, and lots of style. Keep doing it.

Jonathan

"Don't let the diagnosis buckle you at the knees." (me).

"It ain't what ya don't know what gits ya inter trouble-- t's tha stuff ya know fer sure what ain't so!" Artemus Ward, written about a century ago.

"Rescue us, oh ADD angel, if you exist - from the attention by those who seek to limit us from our own unlimitations, who bind us in straw nots with arguments that hold no hay!" (me)
Old 09-09-03, 06:25 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanks Jon. I really would love to start doing that again. *sigh* One day.

Old 09-10-03, 11:41 AM
Contributor

ferrette1976 is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Very nice - what kind of camera do you have?

I keep thinking about going into the photography business one day. I find it overwhelming though - knowing that most professionals have $10,000 cameras. I just have a basic minolta slr.

And the digital thing gets to me too - I like it the old fashioned way.

-Diane
Old 10-07-03, 09:27 AM
Ghost in the Machine

Its a Nikon FE2 SLR body, and I have 4 or 5 different Nikon Lenses I use, a motor drive, flash unit and filter pack.

Old 04-09-04, 01:57 AM

FlowerGirl is on a distinguished road
Andrew-- your photographs are amazing! You are really a gifted artist, you have that special "eye" that views things differently. This thread is from last year, so I hope that since then you have taken it up again. While your view of the bridge is indeed stunning and timeless, I especially like your photos with people, capturing specific moments in time.

A little story from my life on why its so important not to put things off until "some day." I am also a fine artist (oil painting). I hadn't painted in many years, using the "I don't have a studio" excuse. I was diagnosed with cervical cancer last year, and let me tell you, hearing the word "cancer" really clears up your mental vision. I realized how short life can be, and that I couldn't afford to keep putting off my creative self any longer, because there might not be a "some day."

The happy ending to the story is that I had surgery, am now cancer-free, and painting again. Hope to see some more of your photography.
Old 04-09-04, 07:16 AM
Forum ADDvocate

apcpapergirl is on a distinguished road
Love the pics Andrew.
btw... you were a cute little lad.

Vickie

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 04-09-04, 09:55 AM
Forum ADDvocate

krisp will become famous soon enough
I love your pics too. I was really into photography for awhile, too. These days, I mostly take snapshots of the kids ... since by necessity, my life revolves around the little buggers. When they're both in school, I'm hoping to get back into some of my creative hobbies again.

I like both conventional and digital, though I'm leaning more toward digital these days. Instant gratification, AND the opportunity to spend too much time at the computer tweaking the images and making things out of them.... it's ADD heaven.