ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 05-23-09, 08:22 PM

cibiai is on a distinguished road
Exclamation New to adderall weird side effect. please help!

Hello, I have been taking adderall for approximately 8 days now. When my doctor first discussed adderall with me I told him that I wanted to research it first before I committed to taking it (the engineer in me lol). After performing about 8 to 10 hours of extensive research, I agreed to try it. The effects so far have been pretty good. I feel that it does what it is supposed to do. I am prescribed 10 mg two times daily on weekdays only, I do not take it on the weekend. The only side effect that I am really experiencing, other than complete loss of appetite (which I am not complaining about as I could stand to lose a few) is a severe FEELING that my neck is swollen. I emphasize feeling because I do not believe that my neck is actually swelling, as I have measured it on and off of adderall. Another word other than swollen I could use is constricted. My neck feels constricted, or like I am flexing it. I have looked everywhere and am unable to find anyone else mention this as a side effect. I spoke to my doctor about it and he told me that my body is getting used to the medication, and not to worry. I have no problem accepting that, and I am not too concerned about this problem being harmful, just curious if others are now or have ever experienced this side effect. Thanks in advance for any responses. Although this is my first post and I just registered, I think I have read just about every post in this forum lol. I look forward to joining the family!
Old 05-23-09, 08:58 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

firstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to beholdfirstdesserts is a splendid one to behold
Re: New to adderall weird side effect. please help!

Just a guess, but that sounds a bit like an allergic reation. Please get it checked by a professional now!

Visit the Exercise Forum here to check out the Get Fit Club, a group of people changing their lives for the better by caring for themselves enough to exercise.

"Spend a day in my head before you tell me what my problem is!"
Old 05-23-09, 09:11 PM
Contributor

Xeon is on a distinguished road

Yeah, could be an allergic reaction. Do you still have your tonsils in? Could those be swelling up? It could also be making you more tense and thus causing muscle tension.
Old 05-23-09, 11:12 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,260 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

you only have adhd during the week?
Old 05-24-09, 12:45 AM

cibiai is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveddd View Post
you only have adhd during the week?
LOL! Of course not! The reason that I only take it during the week and not on the weekend is because during the week there is a greater need for the symptoms of ADD to be controlled, for me that is. During the weekend the symptoms of ADD do not interfere with my activities, or my life, if you will. The symptoms are still there, however the need is not. From what I have read through different sources, including this forum, this is not an uncommon practice among users of ADD medication, especially adderall. Perhaps it is just one of those "different strokes for different folks" kind of things. I should note, for the record, that I have consulted with my doctor regarding this practice. He is aware that I do not take it on the weekends, and supports my decision to follow this schedule completely.
Old 05-24-09, 01:25 AM

morethanadiagno will become famous soon enough

Is it just a sort of uncomfortable feeling like you need to twitch or turn real quickly? Could it be a tic?
Old 05-24-09, 01:26 AM

morethanadiagno will become famous soon enough

Sorry guys, my message repeated and I can't figure how to delete it;
Old 05-24-09, 08:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 11,260 Times in 5,501 Posts
daveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond reputedaveddd has a reputation beyond repute

i know i was just messin around

just got home from a memorial day party ( might of had a few)
Old 05-24-09, 01:01 PM
Contributor

tlhengel is on a distinguished road

Since starting the Barr Adderall XR I get sort of the same feeling. It's not that my neck feels swollen, but very taut and tight. I had in in my neck and shoulders last night HORRIBLY. It feels like the muscles are contracting and just staying that way. It's very painful. I can't wait to get back to Shire!!!
Old 05-24-09, 04:26 PM

Lukw10 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlhengel View Post
Since starting the Barr Adderall XR I get sort of the same feeling. It's not that my neck feels swollen, but very taut and tight. I had in in my neck and shoulders last night HORRIBLY. It feels like the muscles are contracting and just staying that way. It's very painful. I can't wait to get back to Shire!!!

Shire makes it, Barr [Teva group] just moves it. Placebo.