ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Resources, Tools & Organizational Tips
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-24-09, 05:22 AM

alphalpha is on a distinguished road
what sort of planner do you use?

I have been searching for an appropriate planner...but most planners seems to highly restrictive...and have gone back to using a plane old rule book...I guess my tendency to get disorganised has found its path to my day planner too...

Most planners seem to have only one column for everything you have to do..while I tend to write everything down, right down to every bit of information..just so that I dont forget..which does happen quite a bit...
Old 10-08-09, 03:50 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,622 Times in 803 Posts
Michiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichiko74 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: what sort of planner do you use?

The planners that work the best for me are the ones where you can see the whole month, plus have a spot for the day to day things. I think a lot of student calenders are set up like this.
Old 10-08-09, 04:11 PM

Amburgular is on a distinguished road

I use 2 planners. I have a monthly planner I keep by the desk, I use highlighters to keep keep track of things. The other one is a smaller one that I can take in my purse, it is organized by weeks with a month overlook every month.

I understand the feeling of most planners being to restrictive but if I don't have the dates put in for me I won't use the planner. I tried using a Palm Pilot 6+ years ago but I learned that I have to have things written down and in color, that is probably just a little quirk of mine.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-09, 03:56 PM

hceuterpe will become famous soon enough

I use my cell phone. It's a Windows Mobile 6 phone. It syncs calendaring, phone book, tasks etc. It also has a stylus so you can take notes the old fashioned way (something you can't really do on a blackberry or a iPhone). You can also view the same info via web access or Outlook.

No I don't work for Microsoft.

Yes, I am an overall geeky girl.

Yes it does cost more vs a regular cell phone bill most of the time. But I have the advantage of taking it with me always, and it's not an extra thing I have to carry around.
The Following User Says Thank You to hceuterpe For This Useful Post:
FrazzleDazzle (10-10-09)
Old 10-10-09, 04:10 PM

Thanked 1,634 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

+1 to the poster above me whom I cannot pronounce her name or spell it without looking at it.

I too, have become overly geeky and converted (evolved?) to my phone, which is my iphone, because I am a mac girl. I do not work for Apple. I used to absolutely go crazy with paper planners and highlighters, until I got too busy to open it and look at it. I like the phone because I can customize reminders for EVERYTHING I need to do, it's always by my side. And, there are alot of apps out there, one has got to suit one's needs.
The Following User Says Thank You to FrazzleDazzle For This Useful Post:
hceuterpe (10-10-09)
Old 10-10-09, 04:15 PM

Ok, so before we turn this into the age-old Windows/Mac debate, can we just agree that an electronic phone-based organizer with a sync option is good?

I can certainly spell my name out. Take out the first letter (first letter of my first name), the second letter (first letter of my last name), and the rest? If you don't know who that is, you can enlighten yourself today
Old 10-10-09, 04:33 PM

Btw, FrazzleDazzle, the iPhone is much better than Windows Mobile 6.1, but I bet you're paying way more than $30/month for essentially the same service, but less high speed data coverage
Old 10-10-09, 04:38 PM

Thanked 1,634 Times in 884 Posts
FrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud ofFrazzleDazzle has much to be proud of

I get your name now, no offense intended. I'm a little quirky today lol!

I kinda had to get the iphone, I dug in my heels at first, but found I love it. I have a corporate discount with ATT on the service and data plan, and there was absolutely no other phone they offered that was mac compatible with syncing with my mac at home. It truly is the all-in-one solution for me and my setup.

Not to say that other phones are not just as awesome! There are more and more smartphone gizmos out there every day that make life easier and funner to take care of. The options are endless! :-)
Old 10-10-09, 05:48 PM
Jr Member

LaManna is on a distinguished road

I tried using my phone for a while, but it took too long to enter a simple note and I'm too impatient to fiddle about like that. I use a monthly planner that is A5 size and keep it next to the phone in the kitchen. Everyone in the house can reference the calendar and knows what's going on. I've photocopied the pages and keep a page with a month on each side and slip it into my purse. Diaries are too cumbersome to carry around- I'd lose it anyway. Different coloured pens are a must!
T'aint what you do it's the way that cha do it. Scorn, ridicule,derision,after all keep the scorned object in its place, thereby implying that the object has some ability to threaten the power structure that scorns it. So there
Old 10-10-09, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrazzleDazzle View Post
I get your name now, no offense intended. I'm a little quirky today lol!

I kinda had to get the iphone, I dug in my heels at first, but found I love it. I have a corporate discount with ATT on the service and data plan, and there was absolutely no other phone they offered that was mac compatible with syncing with my mac at home. It truly is the all-in-one solution for me and my setup.

FrazzleDazzle, I don't sync at all with my computer, I sync with the data connection via Sprint and an online exchange server (yeah my own, now I sound really geeky). Exchange is really popular in the business world, and I found it works well for personal use, too. The accounts are regularly $10 a month, but in my opinion well worth it. Not sure if you sync via your data connection, or if you have to sync via a Mac?
Quote:
Not to say that other phones are not just as awesome! There are more and more smartphone gizmos out there every day that make life easier and funner to take care of. The options are endless! :-)
I actually think there are too many. Yeah Palm? We don't need another unique Phone platform from you. And Nokia, you lost years ago, please go back home...
Old 10-10-09, 11:48 PM
Contributor

lostranslation is a jewel in the roughlostranslation is a jewel in the roughlostranslation is a jewel in the rough

Planner?

Hahahahahaha!

I write stuff on random slips of paper and clip them above my desk with a clothes pin.

Dx: Alcoholism, ADHD, PTSD, BP II, and PMDD.

Meds: Ritalin, Lamictal and Zyprexa PRN. Med list may change without notice, because I don't notice stuff.
The Following User Says Thank You to lostranslation For This Useful Post:
Song of Mercy (11-10-09)
Old 10-11-09, 05:02 PM

Thanked 34,110 Times in 15,441 Posts
peripatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond reputeperipatetic has a reputation beyond repute

at work i have microsoft outlook. i put *everything* on it. i also have an iphone and put reminders in there or connect to outlook when i'm out of the office.

it's successful *if* i put in sufficient detail.
Old 11-10-09, 01:34 AM
ADDvanced Member

melby1980 has a spectacular aura aboutmelby1980 has a spectacular aura about

I have taken to carrying around a dayrunner organizer/planner and it is my bible. it has a calendar, all the fun tabby things (Info, Notes, To Do, Projects, Expenses, clear card holder (I use for appointment cards) a nifty pouch, notebook, daily planner It seems to help keep me on track a lot lately.
Old 12-08-09, 07:04 PM
ADDvanced Member

munky_do will become famous soon enough

At the moment I'm using the original palm pilot.. the back of my hand, sadly :/ I'm trying to get used to using a student planner and I've bought a big monthly desk calendar; just need to clean off my desk first to use it
The Following User Says Thank You to munky_do For This Useful Post:
peripatetic (05-08-10)
Old 12-09-09, 11:37 AM
ADDvanced Member

atrain will become famous soon enough

I use a daily planner with the spaces that are big and are readable. It has a calendar and write all my appointments and stuff I need to do in it. If I did not do this I would be a wreck and forgot times to go to work and other appointments as well.