ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 06-16-09, 04:01 PM

palancar is on a distinguished road
Question for those who took Adderall then Vyvanse and back to adderall

My doc tried to switch me from Concerta to Vyvanse. I did not like it. The peak was too much and when it went down it went away too fast. I just didn't like the way I felt on it either. How ever it did seem to help me at work and kept me a little more even mood wise. Vyvanse also increased my BP to a level that I didn't like. As a paramedic it was easy to keep an eye on things. I'm back on Concerta but double what I was taking. I feel a little jittery but better overall. I want to talk to my doc about switching to Adderall instead. How many who got switched to Vyvanse went back to adderall and why? Thanks
Old 09-21-12, 10:23 PM

ben5628 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question for those who took Adderall then Vyvanse and back to adderall

Very interested in this!

Last edited by BR549; 09-21-12 at 10:26 PM.. Reason: blatant bumping
Old 09-22-12, 11:04 AM
Jr Member

kakk86 is on a distinguished road
Re: Question for those who took Adderall then Vyvanse and back to adderall

I had the same experience you did - Vyvanse was a long wait, a huge rush, and then it wore off too quickly. This is actually the exact mechanism of Vyvanse - it essentially frontloads you with a very large dose of dextroamphetamine, there is no real "time release" component to Vyvanse as much as Shire and your GP would like you to believe. It also caused me to experience severe hypoglycemia to the point that I almost collapsed on two separate occasions.

I would much rather have had Adderall instead of Vyvanse but have found that dextroamphetamine (Dexedrine) dosed two to three times daily works incredibly well for me.

The other alternative is to have your doctor prescribe a lower dose of Vyvanse to be taken twice daily - but if you're doing that you may as well be taking Dexedrine IR twice daily.
Sponsored Links