ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Wellbutrin
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Wellbutrin (bupropion hcl)

Old 06-22-09, 10:23 PM

walkingmedley is on a distinguished road
wellbutrin and lexapro combo

is anyone on this combo? i took both separately.. lexapro worked great but felt sluggish and gained weight. wellbutrin made me anxious. i have heard of people taking them together and that seems to cancel out the side effects... is this true? anyone have any experience with this? does it help with weight gain and or the anxiety? which one do you start first?
thanks
Old 06-22-09, 11:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice
Re: wellbutrin and lexapro combo

i'm supposed to be on this combo, took lex for like four days total. I just couldn't function at work, totally out of it. I like wellbutrin, but yes it makes me have anxiety . My guess would be to take the wellbutrin until you start getting anxious then add lex. I don't know I may go back and try pristiq the new effexor or cymbalta... Man , I just can't get past the sluggishness of some of these meds
Old 08-12-09, 11:50 PM

BillW is on a distinguished road

Hi, I've been on Cipralex (the name for Lexapro in Canada) for 2 months at 20 mg/day. I just started Wellbutrin XL 5 days ago, 150 mg/day. I'm taking both in the morning, along with 10 mg of Ramipril (Altace) for high blood pressure.

The Cipralex has done wonders for me on depression and anxiety. It hasn't really made me sleepy, but it has made me feel somewhat sluggish mentally, and I think my memory is a little worse. I haven't really gained any weight, luckily.

Yesterday was my 5th day on Wellbutrin. I was asleep all day, probably due to horrible insomnia the night before, plus I had been waking up early for a couple of days. Today was my 6th day on Wellbutrin, and I actually felt pretty good, mentally... the sharpest and most energetic I've felt in weeks. I also noticed that my appetite was way down, my thirst was way up, I've been feeling kind of hot, and I've got a touch of diarrhea. I don't know if it's too early to credit the Wellbutrin for all of that.

I really hope the Wellbutrin will work out for me. I don't know if I really want to get into any of the real stimulants just yet.

Regards,
Bill W
Sponsored Links
Old 08-17-09, 09:08 AM

walkingmedley is on a distinguished road

well i decided to try the combo. started out with the wellbutrin for six weeks, and luckily i feel better on it than i did last time i took it. not as anxious a bit more energetic and motivated and lost 6 lbs! yay. doc added lexapro since i still feel kinda crappy sometimes and my ocd is still pretty bad. but that immediately made me soooo tired and feeling sick so i think ill just stick to the wellbutrin for now. anyone added 5htp or saint johns wort to their wellbutrin instead of an ssri? im thinking of adding the 5htp just to calm me down a bit.
Old 08-19-09, 10:58 AM

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

holy crap, lexapro really will do a number on you mentally. I've taken it before too , man it's sedating..
Old 08-23-09, 05:27 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

kiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the roughkiosk is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
i'm supposed to be on this combo, took lex for like four days total. I just couldn't function at work, totally out of it.
hollywood, you took lex for 4 days? it took like 2-3 months for me for this med to kick in like it was suppose to, yea wasnt pleasant first but sounds like u didnt give it a chance at all!!

i've been on lex for a year now, it killed my anxiety totally, but it does affect by ADHD which I counter with Adderall, but am not happy with the stimulants "all over place" nature, so am thinking trying wellbutrin, but not sure
looking around for comments and peoples opinions

can i take wellbutrin, lex and adderall (adderall as needed)???
Old 10-13-09, 12:07 AM
ADDvanced Member

willinabox is on a distinguished road

I am taking wellbutrin/lex combo with stimulants when I need them....

Seems to be working well so far....

I am just worried about taking two anti-depressants just to help my ADD....

Also, can you take stimulants in the morning with Wellbutrin SR later in the day....
Old 10-13-09, 01:43 AM

Thanked 1,764 Times in 1,003 Posts
Driver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond reputeDriver has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood View Post
holy crap, lexapro really will do a number on you mentally. I've taken it before too , man it's sedating..
Your experience with Lexapro is not indicative of how it performs for everyone else.
Old 10-13-09, 11:27 AM

driver

I know this man
Old 08-28-10, 06:01 PM

Any news on this lex and wellbutrin strategy. Wellbutrin in combo with stims is great but anxiety is up. I am on my second week of celexa added. I missed two days of celexa , I was getting this queasy sick to my stomach feeling, no motivation at all? Any word?
Old 07-06-12, 04:18 AM
ADDvanced Member

FocusPocus10 is on a distinguished road

considering trying this wb,lex,adderall combo.

Last edited by BR549; 07-06-12 at 11:54 AM.. Reason: guideline--bump