ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-03, 10:02 PM

Hallie is on a distinguished road
Mom of a 15 yo ADHD son...

I'm already feeling very thankful that I found this message board.

At the moment I am a very stressed and frightened mom of a 15 yo ADHD, possibly ODD, possibly Bipolar son. He has, in recent months, stopped going to school, gotten very angry and has expressed violent tendencies (not so much at me, but you should see all the holes punched in my walls!), and talks to me in a very vulgar and disrespectful way. If I say no to him, he bullies and harasses me. If I go into my room and close the door, he will stand outside of the door and knock for 30 minutes at a time. If I am at work, he will ring my phone over and over and over again. I am a single parent and am at my breaking point.

I think in the very near future, he will be hospitalized and evaluated. I am also considering a group home, but that would be a very difficult decision to make. Again, I am so grateful to have found this board.
Old 04-10-03, 10:07 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,038 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to your new home, Hallie I'm glad you've found us, and even happier that you've decided to introduce yourself!

I'm sorry to hear that you're having trouble with your son, but keep your chin up! There is always hope. While you are gathering all the info you need to make a decision regarding your son, please feel free to pick our brains and ask as many questions as you like!

Again...welcome!!!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 04-10-03, 10:19 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome Hallie!!!!!
Old 04-11-03, 02:18 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Spirit has disabled reputation
Greetings Hallie!!!

Welcome to the ADD Forums!!
Old 04-11-03, 09:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

Quiescent has a spectacular aura aboutQuiescent has a spectacular aura about
greetings hallie!

welcome to the ADDforum!!!

- "There will always be something better out there, so if you want to wait for something better, you will always be waiting" - Me

- "Negative thoughts, words, and paths are only noise for the signal for our brains. Just like the Signal to Noise ratio is for sound devices, the more noise we have, the less signal we have." - Me