ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-10, 03:48 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,629 Times in 5,039 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Hitting the "Thanks" button-for newcomers.

Alex, I use the "Thanks" when someone has said something that either gets me thinking or gets me laughing. We have so many fun and intelligent people here that I find that I use the button all the time.

I also like to give reputation points when I think that a post is particularly good. You can give rep points by clicking the little scale icon in the upper right of a post. In my experience, if I give rep, I get rep... assuming that I have written something worthy!

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
AbsentMindProf (11-17-10), Dizfriz (09-07-10), Imnapl (09-06-10), itsanADHDthing (11-14-10), KWIL (10-09-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11), peripatetic (11-14-10), speculative (09-06-11), tinywiney (09-04-10), x6eze (10-05-10), ZiggyFry (09-04-10)
Old 09-06-10, 11:01 PM
ADDvanced Member

ZiggyFry has a spectacular aura aboutZiggyFry has a spectacular aura about

I think it would be a good idea to have a thread explaining the whole rep system. Until just recently, I had no idea what rep was and I still don't know exactly how it works.

Sin.Ziggy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZiggyFry For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (09-07-10), Imnapl (09-06-10), KWIL (10-09-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11)
Old 09-06-10, 11:28 PM

Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,419 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyFry View Post
I think it would be a good idea to have a thread explaining the whole rep system. Until just recently, I had no idea what rep was and I still don't know exactly how it works.

Sin.Ziggy.
there are:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=33649
http://www.addforums.com/forums/show...3&postcount=10

Diz,
I really really love your initial post!

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to livinginchaos For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (09-07-10), Dizfriz (09-07-10), Imnapl (09-06-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11), sighduck (01-28-11), ZiggyFry (09-07-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 09-07-10, 06:30 PM
ADDvanced Member

ZiggyFry has a spectacular aura aboutZiggyFry has a spectacular aura about

I should read more before I post

Sin.Ziggy.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ZiggyFry For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (09-12-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11), sighduck (01-28-11), tinywiney (09-07-10)
Old 11-14-10, 07:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

itsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud ofitsanADHDthing has much to be proud of

I always like to hit thanks! Whether it's a post that took 4 hours to put together, or a single word. As long as it adds something new, i like to thank them for keeping it fresh!
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to itsanADHDthing For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (11-17-10), CrazyLazyGal (03-04-11), Dizfriz (11-15-10), EYEFORGOT (11-24-10), ginniebean (03-03-11), mctavish23 (01-04-11), peripatetic (12-24-10), sighduck (01-28-11), speculative (09-06-11), tinywiney (11-15-10)
Old 11-23-10, 09:26 PM

Thanked 2,498 Times in 1,258 Posts
BouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond reputeBouCoupDinkyDau has a reputation beyond repute

I just like to press buttons.
Dizfriz (11-24-10), EYEFORGOT (11-24-10), ginniebean (03-03-11), lunaslobo (12-16-10), LynneC (01-07-11), mctavish23 (01-04-11), sighduck (01-28-11), tinywiney (11-27-10), Unmanagable (07-11-11)
Old 12-10-10, 02:11 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Naussicaa has a spectacular aura aboutNaussicaa has a spectacular aura about

This features keeps me coming back to the forums.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Naussicaa For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (12-10-10), EYEFORGOT (12-11-10), lunaslobo (12-16-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11), sighduck (01-28-11)
Old 12-28-10, 11:53 PM
Banned

Jemmi Anderson is on a distinguished road

Sorry for being so long winded, this is all kinda new to me, and thank you for your input.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Jemmi Anderson For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (12-29-10), mctavish23 (01-04-11), sighduck (01-28-11)
Old 03-02-11, 11:39 AM

Thanked 9,934 Times in 3,112 Posts
Dizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond reputeDizfriz has a reputation beyond repute

I am posting to put this thread back on top where newcomers can see it. I think that the "Thanks" button is one of the best features of the forum and I highly recommend it be used and used a lot. It really does have an impact.

Dizfriz
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Dizfriz For This Useful Post:
ArtGypsy (03-02-11), buddy (03-02-11), fletcherface (03-15-11), ginniebean (03-03-11), tinywiney (03-07-11)
Old 03-02-11, 12:59 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,190 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

I love to hit the thanks button.I am telling the poster that I enjoyed their post.

I do have a question as to why when I post there is not a thanks button to press for my reply.Anybody have any ideas why this is happening?
The Following User Says Thank You to buddy For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (03-03-11)
Old 03-02-11, 08:34 PM

Thanked 4,953 Times in 2,419 Posts
livinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond reputelivinginchaos has a reputation beyond repute

you don't have the option to thank yourself

Leonard: “You’re using chocolates as positive reinforcement for what you consider good behavior!”
Sheldon: “Very good! Chocolate?”
-The Big Bang Theory (sitcom on CBS)
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to livinginchaos For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (03-03-11), buddy (03-03-11), Dizfriz (03-03-11), fletcherface (03-15-11), tinywiney (03-07-11)
Old 03-03-11, 01:23 AM

ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Why would I thank myself? In Facebook I can "like" my own posts, but that just seems a little creepy for me.

That's just me. You might see it differently.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
buddy (03-03-11), Dizfriz (03-03-11), MentalNomad (03-03-11), tinywiney (03-07-11)
Old 03-03-11, 06:13 PM

Thanked 2,289 Times in 1,190 Posts
buddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant futurebuddy has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADHDTigger View Post
Why would I thank myself? In Facebook I can "like" my own posts, but that just seems a little creepy for me.

That's just me. You might see it differently.

LOL!I am not trying to thank myself,I was wondering why there isn't a thanks button on my posts.In other words whenever I am posting there isn't a thanks button & what am I doing wrong?
The Following User Says Thank You to buddy For This Useful Post:
tinywiney (03-07-11)
Old 03-03-11, 06:42 PM

Buddy, what sometimes happens to me is that the Thanks button will disappear from other posts in a thread when I post. What I do is back out of the thread and re-open it.

If you never see the Thanks button, there might be something going on with your browser and how it renders the forum. I know that some FireFox extensions can hide page elements. I can see that you were able to thank my post above so probably that isn't the issue.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
buddy (03-03-11), C8H10N4O2 (03-05-11), Dizfriz (03-03-11), speculative (09-06-11), tinywiney (03-07-11)
Old 03-07-11, 12:12 AM

Dorsolateral is on a distinguished road

How about an agitator?...OOPs!......Stirin the pot again....