ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > SCIENTIFIC DISCUSSIONS, RESEARCH, NEWS AND EVENTS > Scientific, Philosophical & Theoretical Discussions > Science in the Media
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Science in the Media This forum is for articles and stories of scientific importance; open discussion is encouraged

Old 08-15-09, 06:46 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,167 Times in 2,444 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Reason for Apparent Working Memory Deficit ih=n ADHD

this article summarises what I believe is the reason for the apparent working memory deficit in ADHD- to put it simply we are like ducks- all calm at the surface- but paddling furiously underneath.

Or to put int in modern terms- overloading our RAM.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124535297048828601.html
Quantum physics points out that the study of the universe and the study of consciousness are inseparably linked, and that ultimate progress in the one will be impossible without progress in the other. The discovery of the quantum nature of our universe can literally transform the course of human history.
Paul Levy

Old 08-15-09, 10:54 PM

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,846 Posts
doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Reason for Apparent Working Memory Deficit ih=n ADHD

So we are smarter than the normals!We just do not know it,yet.

I read the first paragraph,then realised I had been day dreaming of two separate incidents and had a combined thought about it.Decided to write it down here,before reading on because I would have forgotten.

Last night I was smoking a cigarette out of the window and ash fell off,into a little spiders,small web,when the spider noticed this straight away,he crawled over to it,and untangled it to clean its home/nest/fridge,and resumed its place at the previous spot where it was at.

Later that night I found a spider on the wall,maybe the same one,so caught it in a glass,then i noticed a fly type of insect,on the same wall so plonked him in there,the spider was more interested in getting out of the glass and did not seem to notice he had a room mate,I let them out the window straight away,but it just made me think.

In the animal kingdom,all they think about is food and if burdened by human interaction/behaviour,they loose it and can't concentrate.We as humans are animals and it seems as though,we drive each other insane.

I would like to be a spider,being able to set my home up where ever I like and letting food come to me instead of going to the shops.Eating freshly caught food,not cooking or washing up,no talking or listening,just waiting for the vibrations/the signs that say it's dinner time.Also it would be cool to make silk!My home,my mode of transport,lol,better yet I need 8 arms or legs.Oh and no clothes,brilliant!No more damned pockets,or possessions,great!

This is the type of thing I love to do.I don't want to dream about what I have to do at work or bills.
We are taught how to un-use our brains at school.
There is something seriously wrong with this world.And we just sit here and take it.

Thank you for the read Barliman,
Due to your thread and my daydream,I have an idea for an interesting thread.

Eureka!!
Old 08-15-09, 11:29 PM

Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Reason for Apparent Working Memory Deficit ih=n ADHD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Google View Post
So we are smarter than the normals!We just do not know it,yet.

I read the first paragraph,then realised I had been day dreaming of two separate incidents and had a combined thought about it.Decided to write it down here,before reading on because I would have forgotten.

Last night I was smoking a cigarette out of the window and ash fell off,into a little spiders,small web,when the spider noticed this straight away,he crawled over to it,and untangled it to clean its home/nest/fridge,and resumed its place at the previous spot where it was at.

Later that night I found a spider on the wall,maybe the same one,so caught it in a glass,then i noticed a fly type of insect,on the same wall so plonked him in there,the spider was more interested in getting out of the glass and did not seem to notice he had a room mate,I let them out the window straight away,but it just made me think.

In the animal kingdom,all they think about is food and if burdened by human interaction/behaviour,they loose it and can't concentrate.We as humans are animals and it seems as though,we drive each other insane.

I would like to be a spider,being able to set my home up where ever I like and letting food come to me instead of going to the shops.Eating freshly caught food,not cooking or washing up,no talking or listening,just waiting for the vibrations/the signs that say it's dinner time.Also it would be cool to make silk!My home,my mode of transport,lol,better yet I need 8 arms or legs.Oh and no clothes,brilliant!No more damned pockets,or possessions,great!

This is the type of thing I love to do.I don't want to dream about what I have to do at work or bills.
We are taught how to un-use our brains at school.
There is something seriously wrong with this world.And we just sit here and take it.

Thank you for the read Barliman,
Due to your thread and my daydream,I have an idea for an interesting thread.

Eureka!!
I will be interested to see where this one goes.
Quantum physics points out that the study of the universe and the study of consciousness are inseparably linked, and that ultimate progress in the one will be impossible without progress in the other. The discovery of the quantum nature of our universe can literally transform the course of human history.
Paul Levy

Sponsored Links
Old 08-15-09, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barliman View Post
this article summarises what I believe is the reason for the apparent working memory deficit in ADHD- to put it simply we are like ducks- all calm at the surface- but paddling furiously underneath.

Or to put int in modern terms- overloading our RAM.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124535297048828601.html

There is of course an interesting corollaryto this idea- if you want smart, productive, creative employees, paythem so that they are not overwhelmed by finance related stress- and encourage a family friendly environment. You will get furhter by be a caring employer than by exploiting your employees- and this article summarises the proof.
Paul Levy

Old 08-16-09, 12:02 AM

Thanked 3,260 Times in 1,846 Posts
doiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond reputedoiadhd has a reputation beyond repute

Could the adhd mind be more,conscious of thought on both sides of the brain?
Would the cause the procrastinating,confusion,thus effecting the memory problems because we are always inside ourselves 'daydreaming'.To me daydreaming is just being in deep thought,it is a coded thought system,the adhd mind must decode,in order to relieve the burden of thought.

The daydreaming occurring on the right and the left trying to decipher the message it is trying to communicate.....sub-conscious versus conscious

I have not thought this through thoroughly for obvious reasons,so have quickly noted it down here,in order to not forget it or miss out the start of the thought process