ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 08-21-09, 02:51 PM

flytwenty5 is on a distinguished road
Dizzyness/Vertigo

I'm currently taking 50mg of Vyvanse. I tried Vyvanse on other doses for 6 months, but took a break for awhile b/c I was having bad side effects most likely due to too high a dose and too much regular use w/out taking a day or two off. This was my first time on a stimulant, so I was unaware of the nature of dosing. Point is, I'm not brand new to taking this medicine.

I decided to get back on it 2 months ago b/c it works really well for me.

Anyway, I have vertigo that comes and goes and was diagnosed with inner-ear damage in my left ear, which is completely unrelated to Vyvanse. I have 70% hearing in that ear, but I can't really tell a difference. I think Vyvanse may increase my dizzy tendencies when I have them, but I am not certain of that yet.

So, I am trying Meclizine Hydrochloride, and OTC vertigo/motion sickness/nausea medicine. I'm sure this is not something that should be taken regularly, but if dizzyness comes and goes every now and then, this might be a good fix...

--

-flytwenty5
Old 08-24-09, 02:01 PM

carolinaguy is on a distinguished road
Re: Dizzyness/Vertigo

First, talk to your doctor.

You might experience some side effects of combining an antihistamine and amphetamine. I would pay attention to how the Vyvanse is working on the days you do take it with the antihistamine. I don't remember the exact biochemical process, but I believe dextroamphetamine and antihistamines (at least some) work on the same receptors, so you may experience a lessened efficacy of Vyvanse. That said, when I was first getting accustomed to Vyvanse, I would sometimes take 25mg of benadryl to help me sleep. It seemed like it literally "turned off" the Vyvanse. I would caution though, to check on the half-life of the Meclizine Hydrochloride, as it may stay in your system overnight, and still lessen the effects of Vyvanse on the following day.