ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-22-09, 12:30 PM

bratterscained is on a distinguished road
Adderall and Urinalysis

Ok, so I know that Adderall will show up in a urinalysis if they test for amphetimines. I also know that's ok as long as you have a prescription... so here's my question.

I currently take Adderall 15mg - 2x a day, but don't take it every day. I just use it as needed so I often have quite a few left over at the end of the month. Like most people, I have to go to my doctor every month to get a new prescription. I've been 'saving' my extra Adderall because I am moving across country in 2 months and will most likely not have health insurance for several months... I know, not having insurance isn't too smart, but it's unavoidable at the moment.

So my question, if my prescription is only for one month. And I take it as needed, so I have some left over once my actual month long prescription is over, and I apply for a job in California and am drug tested and the Adderall shows up, can I get in trouble or not be hired because my prescription might be past that month mark... does that make sense?

I have yet to ask my doctor and have one more appointment with him before I move, so I will ask him then... I was just wondering if anyone on here might know or might have encountered a similar situation.

Thanks!
Old 08-22-09, 03:46 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

PedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of lightPedroDaGr8 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Adderall and Urinalysis

As long as you have the pill bottle you should be fine. The medicine was prescribed to you so you are fine.
Old 08-22-09, 06:09 PM

kgymn has a spectacular aura aboutkgymn has a spectacular aura about

I would imagine as long as you explained that it was to be taken as needed (does it state such on the bottle? See if they'll include that in the dosing note on the bottle) they'll understand that means you'll have extra left after the initial month is over. Being upfront about it is the best way to go, but to cover all bases have it either annotated on the bottle or have your doctor write a note stating the one month bottle is intended to be stretched out over a longer span of time.

~Katy
Sponsored Links
Old 08-23-09, 02:02 PM
ADDvanced Member

crashbang is on a distinguished road

lots of people take breaks or don't take them on the weekend and have extra. your fine
Old 08-23-09, 07:32 PM
Contributor

fxfake will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgymn View Post
or have your doctor write a note stating the one month bottle is intended to be stretched out over a longer span of time.
In states (or is it the entire US) where the max amount of a C-II that can be dispensed at one time is 30 days, wouldn't such an act on the doctor's part be tantamount to an admission of illegally prescribing the med?

Of doctors do such things all the time, the question is whether they would admit to it on paper.
Old 08-23-09, 09:02 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

You are fine, don't worry about it. You are prescribed Adderall and have a history of being prescribed Adderall.

At most, when you take a urine test you will be called by an onstaff/contracted physcian a few days after taking the test (taking your bottle to a testing lab won't do a thing). You will probably be asked to get a prescription report from the pharmacy to prove the Adderall was prescribed then fax it to him/her. That will be the last you hear about it.

I'm a gov't employee with a DoD security clearance and never had any problems.