ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > New Member Introductions
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 05-10-04, 05:20 PM
Jr Member

scott is on a distinguished road
Introduction

New Guy
Hi there,
I'm new here and wanted to say that I find this site extremely helpful to get information, but also to see that other people have the same silly quirks that I do!

Anyway, I'm 33 and had always thought that this whole ADD thing was a lazy cop-out for people. I was always bouncing off the walls in school, getting notes sent home saying I talked too much, fidgited too much, etc. I also have a very "go go go" personality where I can't seem to relax and sit still, but always have to be going. There really isn't such a thing as living for (and enjoying) the moment, but always wondering what's next or right around the corner.

I've got a very important promotional test coming up soon and have finally realized that I need to get this treated. As soon as I'd start to study or read a book, my mind is off to the races - thinking about absolutely ANYTHING other than what I was trying to learn.

I finally told my doctor, who had me try Ritalin. No luck at all, even with a higher dose. He had me see a psychiatrist who has me trying Adderal, and again I'm not really noticing anything.
I'll post my question(s) about that in the appropriate forum, but just wanted to introduce myself and say that I'm looking forward to the exchange of information here!

Scott
Old 05-11-04, 02:00 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Draga has disabled reputation
Hi Scott, Welcome to the Forums....I am sorry Ritalin is not helping...the trick to dealing with ADD Meds is finding the right one. Hope the Doc can find u one.

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Old 05-11-04, 02:10 PM
ADDvanced Member

pershingd will become famous soon enough
Hang tough Scott - as Melanie said finding the right combination is the key to all of this.

PershingD
Sponsored Links
Old 05-11-04, 06:00 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,037 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Welcome to the Forums, Scott. Keep trying meds until you find the one(s) that work just right for you!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 05-11-04, 10:29 PM
Forum ADDvocate

apcpapergirl is on a distinguished road
Welcome to the ADD Forums, scott.

What lies behind us and what lies before us are small matters compared to what lies within us.
--Ralph Waldo Emerson
Old 05-11-04, 10:41 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Welcome to ADD Forums!!!