ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 08-30-09, 01:45 PM
Contributor

demo3210 is an unknown quantity at this point
Sleep and Vyvanse

If I take Vyvanse two days in a row and then take the 3rd day off, I'm incredibly tired on the 3rd day. Waking the fourth day, I'm fine after a long (9-10 hrs) sleep it seems.

Can anyone else relate?

I've noticed people complaining about Vyvanse 'not working anymore like it used to' and 'causing depression and anxiety'. Is it all just from a decrease in sleep quality? A Health textbook I have says that amphetamines cause 'altered sleep patterns' and users experience a 'crash' whether 'illicit or not'.

Any opinions?

Is Adderall XR as bad as Vyvanse for sleep? I had anxiety on Adderall XR so I stopped after a week.

Side story - Sleepless Vyvanse Panic Attack:

Several months ago I was on Vyvanse 60mg daily. After a week I noticed diminishing effectiveness, but stuck with it anyway. I was probably tired, but re-dosing each day covered it up.

After 2 weeks, one day I woke up and I felt really tired - like I couldn't wake up or like I wasn't awake at all; almost dream-like. I took my 60mg and felt relatively fine. That night I was doing a chemistry lab and I felt like, no matter what I did, I wasn't getting anything done. I eventually had my first panic attack in my entire life. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me because I didn't know what it was. I'm pretty sure it was a combination of Vyvanse and decreased sleep quality that lead me to my panic attack. Be careful with Vyvanse.

Sleep is important.
Old 08-31-09, 09:23 PM
Contributor

AddaptAbilities has a spectacular aura aboutAddaptAbilities has a spectacular aura about
Re: Sleep and Vyvanse

The Vyvanse actually helped me sleep, especially at first. For the last few weeks I've had trouble getting to sleep at a normal hour, but if I stay up til 2 or so I'm fine as long as I don't have to get up before 10 or so the next morning.

I'm not sure what the deal is. I have been a bit stressed the last few weeks, and I've been going to bed with my mind churning, which I'm sure isn't helping.

Current Meds: Vyvanse 70 mgs; Lamictal 150 mgs; Ativan 0.5 -1.0 mgs

Past Meds: Adderall, Lexapro, Abilify, Dexedrine Spansules, Dexedrine IR, Ritalin, Nortriptyline, Amitriptyline, Wellbutrin

The Lamictal Diaries: Medicating My Mood Disorder
Old 09-01-09, 10:50 PM
Jr Member

toopunkrawk is on a distinguished road
Re: Sleep and Vyvanse

I too was expecting the up all night crappiness of Adderall but I actually got quite sleepy at a normal time. However, I've had panic attacks for years so I take clonazepam for those on an as needed basis. I took one the first night on Vyvanse just because I was worried but the second night (oh, I was on 30 mgs at the time) I fell asleep on my own and slept well.
I would look into the panic attacks. A lot of meds that up your heart rate can give you panic attacks and they are extremely scary (I ended up in the ER during my first one) Talk to your doctor about a low dose benzodiazepene like ativan to take on an as needed basis.
And again, as I always say; DON'T be afraid to talk to your doctor. They are there for you, they want to help you. And if they don't? Move on and find one that does...they do exist.
Sponsored Links