ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > General Medication Discussion
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

General Medication Discussion This section is to be used for general medication discussion and other medications not broken out in their own respective forums.

Old 09-02-09, 04:24 PM

ryanchappell will become famous soon enough
Nuvigil or Provigil taken with Adderall, Vyvanse, or other Stimulant

I would like to compare notes on doses, etc.

I have the inattentive type of ADHD, probably SCT. I have trouble focusing, and my primary complaint is being tired all the time.

This is my second week on Nuvigil and Adderall XR, switching from Vyvanse 60mg and afternoon doses of Adderall IR. Anyone else on Nuvigal and a stimulant?

My best day was when I took Nuvigil 150mg and forgot the Adderall XR 30mg. When I take them together, I feel tired, with what I think is indigestion, so I am thinking that I might need a lower dose of XR. XR by itself is like a better shorter Vyvanse to me.
Old 09-03-09, 06:52 PM

Re: Nuvigil or Provigil taken with Adderall, Vyvanse, or other Stimulant

I think the doses of Nuvigil and XR were too high. I tried 100mg Nuvigil and 30 mg Vyvanse and it was better. I will try 75mg Nuvigil and 15mg XR tomorrow.
Old 09-10-09, 07:24 PM

I cut out the Nuvigil, and just take an 30mg XR in the morning now.

For me it works better than the Vyvanse did, lasts longer, (6-8 hrs vs 4hrs) I feel much more motivated, and alert. I like what Nuvigil did for my sleep, but this is better overall.
Sponsored Links
Old 01-06-12, 10:03 AM

kyle.vandeven is on a distinguished road

I recall reading that people most likely to feel the most positive effects from Nuvigil are those of the white European genetics. Nuvigil is great and the safest possible med to complement an Adderall regimen. The only serious side effect is extremely rare-a serious type of rash- other than that, Nuvigil is great with Adderall if you are biologically predisposed to react well to it, otherwise you just simply won't feel the difference, or just a slight difference, but it won't hurt to try. Great dopamine agonist, acting on dopamine receptors that the Adderall
can't plug into, so just a great addition to Adderall.
Old 01-07-12, 05:35 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 16,041 Times in 7,236 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Its not unheard of people using nuvigil /insurance provigil with stimulants but be aware that they don't produce the same affects as stimulants. They are used mostly for narcolepsy And are in clinical studies for treatment resistant depression and parkinsons. I hesitate to advise anyone on this combination unless they have doctor approval.

AND **bleep off**

I carried a watermelon?
Old 01-07-12, 09:03 AM

huk phin is on a distinguished road

I took both together and experienced a sort of "synergistic" effect. On one occassion, it was almost like what I might imagine mania to be like - but can not say for sure. Most of the time the two meds got along fine. Unfortunately, I found Nuvigil exasperated my anxiety and made me depressed. I had high hopes for that med too.
Old 03-09-12, 09:43 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

Kind of difficult med to assess . I think it does kind of make me feel more depressed . Not sure. I can't really get an accurate picture on what it does for learning and attention . Sometimes I think it really helps, other times not so much. I think that means I just probably don't need it.

"The Focalin King"