ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 09-08-09, 04:39 PM

dead-ringer is on a distinguished road
Adderall and Strattera combined

I've recently been taking adderall and strattera combined. I usually take the strattera 80 mg everyday in the morning and also take a 10 mg of adderall in the afternoon for when I have night classes and when I need to study(concentrate). This combo seems to be working for me. I have noticed that there have been some threads that mention the Adderall and Strattera combination as being an effective treatment for ADD. My doctors says its fine to take this combination. The only side effects that I have experienced are brain lapse's sometimes and when I take the adderall I become very talkative towards the end of its duration. Why hasn't there been more research done, taking stimulants and non stimulants to treat Add, because I feel like there is a real interaction between the two. Plus, you don't become dependent on the adderall, because you don't take it everyday and you can sleep because of the strattera. Have any other people tried this combo and how has it worked for you?
Old 09-09-09, 01:57 AM
ADDvanced Member

RecruitDir is on a distinguished road
Re: Adderall and Strattera combined

Dead-ringer,

Actually these combo's of mainstream stimulants and the stimulantlike AD's such as Straterra and Wellbutrin are perscribed quite frequently. Straterra and WB both reuptake NE (although WB also reuptakes Dopamine), so Dr.'s usually perscibe one or the other as a standalone med or with a mainstream stimulant likke Concerta or Adderall. In my case the Straterra made me very tired, so I asked to be switched to WB (which in the begining made me feel anxious, but then subsided). In reality, both Straterra and Wellbutrin are stimulants on their own (and are classified as such in the Merck med manual), and their side effects like blood pressure rising are similar to the mainstream stimulants - so while relatively safe, these combo's need to be monitored carefully. But I agree these combo's can enhance/augment a stimulant and reduce tolerence.