ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 10-07-09, 07:06 PM

ADDinSRQ is on a distinguished road
What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

I switched from Adderall XR 30mg to Adderall IR by Sandos labs 20mg 2x daily. Adderall is still not lasting long enough, even with the two doses. I'm looking for some answers on how to make the IR last longer. I would like to know what type of vitamins/supplements I should take to increase the effect of the IR.

I just started taking it 3 days ago, and I'm also wondering if i need to wait for the IR to build up in my system to give it the maximum effect.

I'd also like to know how best to take the Adderall IR. The first IR looses its effect after about 3 1/2 hours to 4 hours and the second in about 2 1/2 to 3 hours, so I'm wondering if I should take the 2nd dose with in 30min of the first dose wearing off.
Old 10-08-09, 07:45 PM

iamkion132 is on a distinguished road
Re: What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

I have heard that magnesium can help to extend/increase Adderall for people. I am taking some (250mg I think) with my Barr to help increase the effectiveness. I don't notice much of an extension in the time though.
Old 10-09-09, 01:47 PM

Lindsey54 will become famous soon enough
Lightbulb Re: What vitamins shoud I take with adderall IR to increase effect.

The key to finding your 'sweet spot' is simply trial and error. With that being said, it may take you a while to find the 'right' way for you to take your A.

For me, I have to first make sure that I have slept well. If I have a night where I either don't get good sleep or enough sleep, the A doesn't work real well. Secondly, I had to mix and match Mag, L-Tyrosine, Fish Oil and a Multi-V. I have tried them in the morning 2 hours after A, middle of the day and at night. Taking them at night works best. So my regimen at night is a multi vitamin, fish oil, magnesium, L-Tyrosine, and Wellbutrin, with a FULL glass of water. In the morning I take A right as my alarm goes off. It's on my nightstand and I take it still in bed. I then snuggle back in bed until I feel like I HAVE to get up. It usually takes about 15-20 minutes. SO, to allot for that time, I set my alarm a bit earlier than I really need to get up. After about an hour or so, I then take Synthroid (for hypothyroid, a totally unrelated condition... kinda), and my morning Wellbutrin.
Sponsored Links