ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Misc Treatments and Approaches
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-09, 08:52 PM

lsmith49 is on a distinguished road
Brain sync, High Focus - AMAZING!

Hiya, i was diagnosed with adhd at the age of 15, I have always very big problems concentrating and being organised etc. very bad negative mental chatter also (to the point of depression at times). I don't know a great deal about adhd but i assume i would be classed as inattentive. I took Ritalin for a while when I was at school but then stopped and when i started working I didn't like the idea of being on drugs all the time and well to be honest i didnt see much difference I just thought i was a bit more weird than other people and that's just the way I am. However i stumbled across an article on a cure for ADHD about brainwaves - Brain Sync.. I know this is still only Theory but i bought the Brain Sync - High Focus mp3 track, and I cannot beleive the results! I have always had problems thinking of stuff to say and feeling awekward around people (especially girls etc) and don't get me started on trying to remember stuff (peoples names, numbers etc) and obviously also trying to concentrate on a task for more than 10-15minutes was a complete no no. Anyway I have been listening to this for about 30-50minutes every morning before i start the day and I cannot beleive the results! I can think of what to say a lot quicker, I'm making funnier jokes, no longer feeling awekward around people, can concentrate and remember stuff better than i have ever exprienced in my life! I have only been doing this for about a week at the moment but the results are amazing! I just thought i'd sign up to this forum and have a search around to see if anyone else has experienced the same results as I have and it appears that not a lot of people know about this, So i highly recommend you try it out!! If you want to be naughty you can always just download it from a torrent website.

Please can you let me know your results, if any. Also would you recommend any other treatments for ADHD ? I now highly beleive that ADHD is basically not being able to 'initiate' Beta brain waves when you engage in conversation/activity etc.

"People with ADD/ADHD exhibit too little Beta (thinking) activity and too much Theta (dreaming) activity. This is the classic inattention of ADD. With ADHD, hyperactivity keeps people from falling asleep. In essence, the person is combating the high Theta activity and keeping themselves aroused (by increasing their Beta activity)."

I would also greatly appreciate any other advice you can give me on helping to feel more "switched on" if you like, so my brain can work faster and more efficiently.

Thank you, and i hope this will help some of you out!

Oh i have also been using some of the other programs on brain sync (Help with sleeping etc) and am seeing very good results, highly recommended!

Last edited by livinginchaos; 10-09-09 at 10:13 PM.. Reason: edited out commercial link (soliciting?)
The Following User Says Thank You to lsmith49 For This Useful Post:
meridian (05-21-10)
Old 10-09-09, 11:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,634 Times in 738 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brain sync, High Focus - AMAZING!

I read a similar article and was really excited about it.

Couple things i found when looking it up was that it is more effective in earlier stages of development and is really hit or miss in adults. Its hit or miss in children too.. on top of that i guess you generally dont notice if its working or not until 6 months into treatment. And if your paying a neurologist, that can be really expensive for a "maybe".

If you do it yourself, units that ive looked at are really expensive, and if you dont know what your doing with the 4 waves, or understand the principles of the therapy, your really playing guinea pig with yourself. You could either have no results, or something quite.. different

On top of that.. ive also heard concern in altering your brainwave patterns and the possibility of changing something longterm or permanently, and it might not be desirable.

I want to see more developments into it, its all really fascinating stuff. And i agree with the principles.. i just want to see more reliable applications for adults.

I_DTour
Old 10-09-09, 11:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,634 Times in 738 Posts
Impromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond reputeImpromptu_DTour has a reputation beyond repute

LOL i think im thinking about something completely different!

MY BAD! ;D
The Following User Says Thank You to Impromptu_DTour For This Useful Post:
meridian (05-21-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 10-10-09, 03:25 AM
Banned

steven d will become famous soon enough

Here is the torrent file:

http://dl.btjunkie.org/torrent/Brain...wnload.torrent
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to steven d For This Useful Post:
sambo88 (10-10-09), tinywiney (10-11-09)
Old 10-13-09, 01:59 AM
ADDvanced Member

bookwurm2 has a spectacular aura aboutbookwurm2 has a spectacular aura about

Steven,

Did you try the Brain sync music and did you notice any effect?
Old 10-13-09, 05:23 AM
Banned

steven d will become famous soon enough

Well I haven't used it long enough so I can't make a judgement yet.

Right now I have put the file in the start menu in the programs -> startup folder so everytime my computer starts up the file starts.

In the beginning I found the "hypnotizing" sound to be concentration improving, but nothing special has happened until now...

I have listened to it for about 3 days (without headphone because I haven't bought one yet) until now.
Old 10-14-09, 03:05 AM
ADDvanced Member

bookwurm2 has a spectacular aura aboutbookwurm2 has a spectacular aura about

I tried it today but found it to be really annoying. It didn't seem to help my concentration at all--in fact I found it to be a distraction.
Old 10-14-09, 03:52 AM

kingsley002000 is on a distinguished road

well, i've just got home from a 12 hour night shift (knackered). saw this thread on the mobile on the way home and thought i had to engage as soon as i could get to my comp. i've been using brainsync products for a considerably long while now and whilst i dont use them consistently, i've found some of their stuff to be of value whilst the others didnt really take for me. the ones that have a noticeable effect on me are brain power and create success. for some reason creat success seems to give me more motivation and get up and go feeling. i must add that i need to listen to these frequently in order to maintain the effects. i also listen to 'sphynx of imagination' by hypnotica whilst i go to sleep. Lately i've noticed that when i listen to create succes combined with sphynx, i get significant ego/confidence boost. i must add that i take supplements to manage my symptoms and am currently on omegas, multivits, protein shake, and some other stuff too but these are my 'base stack' so to speak.

also experimenting with a few nootropics at present so a future thread awaits for my results i'm sure.

ok, i've noticed i've gone off on a tangent so i'll cut it there... for now.

so in conclusion, brainsync is worth giving a go, particularly their brain power and create success products.

king
The Following User Says Thank You to kingsley002000 For This Useful Post:
meridian (05-21-10)
Old 10-22-09, 06:44 PM

MKPRO1 is on a distinguished road

"Holosync" works great with lots of issues like depression and ADHD. It's all about the "binaural beats" that balance the brain hemispheres. Headphones are essential though and you won't feel anything really happening while you're listening. It's a process that takes weeks, months or longer. I've used it for years and have seen amazing results. The brain is a very curious and mysterious thing!!
The Following User Says Thank You to MKPRO1 For This Useful Post:
sparkk51 (07-02-10)
Old 05-01-10, 04:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

Bobthebuilder is on a distinguished road

On the Binaural Beats subject, I've always gotten a kick out of the fact that it actually works scientifically.

Transcranial Magnetic Stimulation is supposedly the same deal, but with much stronger effects. They actually think that they can get permanent significant changes in memory using magnetic pulses to I guess stimulate brain connections. They've proven it on a short time scale... 10% boost for a 10 minute session i think

I've been wanting to make a pair of those LED glasses (also same principal)... and theres also a make your own magnetic stimulator website... but that is a little more venturing into the unknown and potentially dangerous

Very promising field nevertheless
Old 05-21-10, 01:16 AM

dantethemad is on a distinguished road

I found that light/sound machines do work but the effects wear off almost immediately after turning off the machine. And you can't exactly wear light goggles and headphones all day.

On the other hand I have heard of offices and shops that pump subliminal frequencies as background noise to give customers a feeling of well being and calm. Dont know if this is widespread, but I did read a while back about a doctors office trying this approach to calm the nerves of "impatient patients"
The Following User Says Thank You to dantethemad For This Useful Post:
meridian (05-21-10)
Old 05-21-10, 07:02 PM
Modulated

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,971 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I decided to grab the album off of iTunes.

It had an immediate calming effect on me.

And as the day wore on, I located an old pair of very light and very good Sennheiser HD 565s that had been tucked away for years and tried them.

First, I already had a headache today when I started working. The headache has abated by 75% without any Tylenol -- although at first I found the bass tone kind of annoying.

I've just completed 3.5 hours of website Photoshop and HTML work while listening to this and I feel great. Normally I would feel frustrated as hell and need a nap, but I don't.

Who knows. If it is just a placebo effect, I'm all for it!

Time to get up and walk around. This thing is Mesmerizing.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
The Following User Says Thank You to meridian For This Useful Post:
k31kozumi (05-27-10)
Old 06-05-10, 11:10 PM
Committee Member

crazylegs12588 is on a distinguished road

I listen to the high focus while I'm working on something along with my meds, and found that the combo works really well together.
Old 02-27-13, 10:31 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

ConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to beholdConcertaParent is a splendid one to behold

Is anybody still using the Brainsync programs? They emailed me links to their meditation downloads, but they feature mostly theta waves which is what a lot of ADHD people already have too much of.

On the recommendation of an occupational therapist, I've been trying EASe therapeutic listening using bone conduction headphones for my child, but just like the drugs, I don't notice any improvement.
What did NOT work: Vyvanse, Concerta, Strattera, Biphentin, Adderall, Omega-3; EASe therapeutic listening, Multiple Food Elimination Diet, Yoga, working memory training, vision therapy, AttenGo (rip-off), Lumosity, C8-Kids, Neuronet; social skills training & other behaviour therapies.