ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 10-23-09, 02:25 PM

JustTired will become famous soon enough
Question Kazdin Method?

Just curious if anyone has read, used, or has been part of his study here? If so did it work on your ADHD child? I'm at my wits end with my 9 yr daughter. Everything I need her to do she cannot do in a timely manner to get her to school without my monitoring/nagging her. I've tried giving her waking her up earlier. Every school day is a battle. I feel like a failure and a bad parent. If it were only limited to early morning it would be one thing, but it's the same way at other times too. It just seems like she is doing anything and everything except what I need her to do.
Old 10-26-09, 11:55 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

MGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud ofMGDAD has much to be proud of
Re: Kazdin Method?

I have not read that book, but hear it is pretty good.

With ADHD kids, getting ready in the morning is difficult. It is not that they are not trying, it is just very difficult for them. Your not a bad parent. Unfortunately, I still follow my 11yo around every morning to ensure she does what she needs to to get ready. Meds have not kicked in yet, it is just the way it is.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MGDAD For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (12-04-09), JustTired (10-26-09)
Old 12-04-09, 03:52 AM

chitwnmomma is on a distinguished road
Re: Kazdin Method?

I've started reading and implementing some of what I've learned, and Its worked well so far. I have to finish the book though to get the full effect, however, I have found that I've had to change my parenting style, and it really worked for me and my 9 year old daughter. Just stay on track with it.
Sponsored Links