ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-08-09, 07:11 PM
Jr Member

hannahnbub is on a distinguished road
why do i get so tired on adderall???

So i just started taking aderall for the first time a couple days ago. i take 20mg xr once a day..
I get soo tired like 3-4 hours after i take it like a crash almost so i was wondering if anyuone knows why and if you can tell me whats going on..
is it just not enough dosage because i dont really feel too different when i take it either.. im a lot calmer and feel like everything seems a little clearer but thats about it so let me know about the tired thing if you have expewrienced that THANKS!!
Old 11-08-09, 08:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

arrested_truth has a spectacular aura aboutarrested_truth has a spectacular aura about
Re: why do i get so tired on adderall???

Depending on your size/weight the dose my be too low but that is for your doctor to determine. In my case the doseages I would take my body metabolizes quickly so a higher dose was the solution
Old 11-09-09, 07:25 AM
Contributor

rd_wnc is a jewel in the roughrd_wnc is a jewel in the roughrd_wnc is a jewel in the rough

I take 20 mg XR daily but don't crash that quickly. It may be a dosage thing.

There are a number of threads on things that interfere with Adderall. I find that some days it isn't as good depending on sleep the night before or perhaps alcohol the night before. I also find that if I let myself dehydrate then I'm a waste but if I load on water I perk back up.

I noticed that the generic was not as effective so went back to the name brand.

I'd talk to the doctor for sure.
Old 11-09-09, 12:18 PM
Contributor

bobC has a spectacular aura aboutbobC has a spectacular aura about

Besides the more obvious causes of fatigue sleep/hydration/food intake. There can be neurologic causes.

If the dosage is too high it can cause excess Alpha2 receptor stimulation causing fatigue/drymouth/constipation.

Increasing the dosage into fatigue is not always the correct choice. Which is a key reason to carefully titrate the dosage up.

BobC
The Following User Says Thank You to bobC For This Useful Post:
CptNemo (11-09-09)