ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > Inattentive ADD
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Inattentive ADD A forum set aside for the the discussion of inattention and inattentive ADD

Old 12-03-09, 10:39 AM
Contributor

Xeon is on a distinguished road
No energy to do anything....

Gah, without prescribed amphetamines I'm absolutely hopeless. I have no energy to get out of bed most days, or do even the most mundane tasks. The laundry piles up, my car is still out of gas, I can hardly wake up. Worst of all is the lack of motivation... which nobody can seem to understand how a person can lack this without being lazy. Truth be told, I'm not lazy, I just lack dopamine...

Sorry just going on a rant, I'll find some way to survive, I just have to somehow make it to another psychiatrist that's cheap.
Old 12-03-09, 11:20 AM
Forum Guru

Schroeder is a glorious beacon of lightSchroeder is a glorious beacon of lightSchroeder is a glorious beacon of lightSchroeder is a glorious beacon of lightSchroeder is a glorious beacon of lightSchroeder is a glorious beacon of light
Re: No energy to do anything....

Yeah, I hear ya. Some days it's just hard to exist lol. Surfing the net is all I feel like I can manage. fwiw, I've found that how I take care of my body makes a huge difference:

1. Early bedtime (9pm-ish) is HUGE for me. HUGE.
2. Small, healthy meals throughout the day, instead of 3 big meals, usually junk food.
3. Minimum 15 minutes of cardio exercise a day.

The biggest thing is the bedtime, which is also the bane of my existence. I have zero energy if I stay up late. Doesn't matter how long I sleep in. Staying up late = fries my brain. No motivation, no energy.

What's your sleeping pattern like?
Old 12-03-09, 12:05 PM

imaguy is on a distinguished road

You're not alone with this. My meds wear off around 6pm and I don't take them on weekends. That said, I'm unable to complete the most basic task.

The last three years has consisted of going to work and going straight home. I can easly sleep the entire weekend and my appetite really kicks in.

I'm currently in talks with my doc. about this.

Good luck.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-03-09, 12:26 PM

ryanchappell will become famous soon enough

Yeah, new drugs are needed. Remember that it is worse when you are off the medication for two reasons. 1 - You have ADD/ADHD. 2 - You are withdrawing. Adderall makes me better then worse when I am off of it. Combining medications might be the answer. I could not get Nuvigil and Adderall to work, it was always too strong. Modafinil might work better. I am afraid that Straterra will make me more tired, but maybe in combination... Welbutrin gives lingering energy, and is combined with Adderall, but I haven't tried it.

It is really like we have narcolepsy. I am pretty sure it is delayed sleep phase syndrome and tags along with ADHD-I due to the low neurotransmitter levels, but many experts and books fail to mention our symptoms at all.
Old 12-03-09, 03:18 PM

napetv is on a distinguished road
Cool Re: No energy to do anything..ME TOO!!

I too have no energy or motivation without amphetamines. I was on Adderall 10mg 2x a day, but they wore off so fast, and I would get depressed. Then I switched to Adderall 20xr, which I didn't feel most of the time. Now I am on 15mg Dexadrine XR which works well, but only lasts six hours. They gave me Wellbutrin 150mg XR as well, but sometimes that makes me feels real crappy for an hour, then I don't feel good from it til the evening when I want to sleep. Has anyone tried Wellbutrin with amphetamines? Are there natural vitamins that help with the inattentiveness?
Old 12-03-09, 06:07 PM

imaguy is on a distinguished road

My doc prescribed 150 mg of Welbutrin to help with the adderal crash. I noticed a slight energy rush for the first two days but then it stopped.

Personally, I don't think it's much help. I still crash at 6 pm.

The extended release has never worked for me and it screws with my sleep patterns.
Old 12-03-09, 09:29 PM
ADDvanced Member

tessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nicetessmesser is just really nice

I am also inattentive. Coffee at around 2 or 3pm and exercise in the evening helps me a lot. You may try a little coffee at about 3pm or so. This should stay with you until about 6pm at which point you could take a walk or get some other exercise.

Tess

http://primarilyinattentiveadd.blogspot.com