ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-02-10, 11:37 AM

mhoveybyrd is on a distinguished road
Adderall did not show up in my drug test???

So here's the deal....I just took a drug test about an hour ago and tested negative for everything except Benzo's. I am prescribed Adderall XR 20 mg to be taken in the morning as well as Xanax .5 mg, they have me taking 2 of these 3 times a day or as needed. Before the test I brought out both pill bottles and counted every last pill out for her, which was kind of a pain in the *** because I get 180 Xanax a month. They are already well aware that I take both controlled substances and that the prescriptions are legit.

Adderall makes me drink water like crazy, I think I average at least a gallon a day. I've always been a big water drinker, but I seemed to have doubled my intake since starting on Adderall XR, but I know that's expected. Anyways, I took my Adderall at 7:00 am and the test was 10:00 am....and I tested negative for amphetamines. Why do you think this is? I take my medication every morning as directed.....so you would think I would test positive for amphetamines. This also was a 12 panel drug screening.

Anyone know why this happened? I didn't think the excessive water drinking could completely flush Adderall XR out of my system that quickly. I'm slightly confused here.....has this happened to anyone else? It's not like this is a bad thing, it's just seems weird to me.
Old 02-02-10, 02:46 PM

casterbolt will become famous soon enough
Re: Adderall did not show up in my drug test???

I was a master at passing drug tests for years, normally if to much water is present the test will come back inconclusive. Water doesn't remove the drugs, but will mask them. The more you drink the faster it passes through your system not picking up the chemicals in your system. If your meds are water soluble it will happen quicker.
Old 02-02-10, 03:38 PM

I wasn't trying to hide anything by drinking a lot of water, Adderall just makes me EXTREMELY thirsty. I know what you are saying though.....I just couldn't understand why it would show up negative when I took the pill 3 hours prior to the test and every morning for the past few weeks. I even asked the pharmacist about it and she said that some tests are more sensitive than others. I looked up the test online and saw that it wasn't a "zero tolerance" test. She said that if they were to have done a hair or blood test, then I would show up positive. We were both expecting a positive result for amphetamine but it turned out to be negative....the only thing that showed up was my Xanax, but that was documented as well. Then again benzo's are metabolized in a different way. Would Adderall and large consumptions of water boost my metabolism? The test didn't come back inconclusive, otherwise she would have thrown out my test results. She accepted them and went on her merry way leaving me baffled as to why I showed a negative result for amphetamines! It's just all to weird, then again the human body is weird. It's true though, everyone's body is different....
Sponsored Links
Old 02-02-10, 05:14 PM

casterbolt will become famous soon enough

Tests can come up funny, I know you were not trying to hide anything with the water. Lab lab error, false negative, the water is the most logical. I'm also no expert on the science behind testing. I was just a knucklehead beating the system for years. Water always the main ingredient, to help pass.
Old 02-02-10, 05:44 PM

I was pretty sure in the end it was because of the excessive amounts of water that I drink, but for me to think about showing a negative result for amphetamines just 3 hours after I took the pill is just nuts! I heard amphetamines stay in your system for 1-4 days and longer for chronic use. I take these on a regular basis every morning and still showed up negative. I hope they don't suspect that I'm selling my pills because that is not the case at all. I guess my body is just weird....but then again....the term "Weird" is the story of my life. Oh well.....there's not much more to say I guess. Thanks for being the only one out of 37 viewers to reply to this! It's much appreciated!
Old 03-11-11, 09:33 PM

msl2grade is on a distinguished road

The test you took may have had a higher than normal threshold. They are never, to my knowledge, set for zero. Could be 1000 ng/ml. Are you taking only 20mg xr per day?