ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Desoxyn
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Desoxyn methamphetamine hydrochloride (also known as desoxyephedrine)

Old 02-04-10, 04:01 PM
Contributor

attention is an unknown quantity at this point
Michael Jackson took Desoxyn

Apparently he had ADD/HD pretty bad (cough) as he was on 4 stimulants,Police sources told the tabloid Michael was taking 30 different types of drugs

Stimulants: Dexedrine, Aminorex, Desoxyn, Didrez;
Old 02-04-10, 04:27 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,141 Times in 2,896 Posts
Kunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond reputeKunga Dorji has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Michael Jackson took Desoxyn

Quote:
Originally Posted by attention View Post
Apparently he had ADD/HD pretty bad (cough) as he was on 4 stimulants,Police sources told the tabloid Michael was taking 30 different types of drugs

You could argue that his brilliant dancing was a kind of hyperfocus. That being the case he might have had great difficulty accessing it. His reported severe insomnia would fit in too.

Whenever you see a crowd all rushing in the same direction on any one issue, run in the opposite direction.

There is neither fun nor profit to be had in polishing the brass knobs on a bandwagon.
Nicholas Nasseem Taleb.

Old 02-04-10, 06:34 PM
Committee of One

Thanked 4,156 Times in 1,774 Posts
Retromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond reputeRetromancer has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like the Shire stimulant catalog there...

Quote:
Originally Posted by attention View Post

-- Oscar Wilde
Sponsored Links
Old 03-11-10, 11:00 AM
Jr Member

Chuck61686 is on a distinguished road

Aminorex? You can't even get that by prescription. It was only available in Europe and taken off the market in '72. So he must've gotten that off the street.
Old 03-11-10, 04:34 PM

Josh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really nice

I dont think he had ADHD. I think he was taking stimulants to counter the next morning hangover effects of the tranquilizers and sedatives he was taking.

Plus talking 4 different types of stimulants does not show that ADHD treatment is what he is after. More of a high.
The Following User Says Thank You to Josh_kelly For This Useful Post:
scarygreengiant (03-16-10)
Old 03-12-10, 01:17 PM

ManInBlack is on a distinguished road

Yup. That's what killed many people in the 1960's and 70's: Brian Epstein, manager of The Beatles; Jimi Hendrix, due to some stronger-than-expected German sleeping pills; eventually Johnny Cash, who was up to 500mg/day of Dexedrine at one point around 1966; Jack Kerouac; Judy Garland, Bryan Jones, and more. Elvis felt he was a pharmacologist and used the PDR like a Kelley Blue Book. They all needed energy to stay awake either to drive safely, perform more than was naturally possible. For example, The Beatles played 7 hour sets ever day in Hamburg...aided by Dexedrine and Preludin. Without that practice they may never have become what we know them for today, to those familiar with the "10,000 hour rule". They were an exception to the rule. Many couldn't handle it.

Historians believe Hitler's use of stimulants made him overconfident, believing he could invade Russia. That didn't work out very well, thank God. He even slept in on D-Day because of his medication, ordering others "do not disturb."

Anytime someone who is highly powerful and controls the livelihood of those closest to them has a major problem, getting them help becomes difficult.
Old 03-13-10, 05:01 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares what he had or drugs he was on, let the King of Pop rest in peace!

Selena
Old 03-13-10, 05:47 PM

ManInBlack is on a distinguished road

He wouldn't be resting if he wasn't on any drugs.
Old 03-13-10, 06:16 PM
Contributor

weareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really nice

...and he was certainly NOT king of anything in the majority of this planets eyes.
daveddd (03-13-10), mike91163 (03-13-10)
Old 03-13-10, 06:27 PM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 752 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

Michael Jackson took Desoxyn

I don't think this will be what he's remembered by.
..........although, meth is starting to be remembered by hitler.

stimulants explain things better than downers....
....he looked peppy

Syd Barrett
Old 03-13-10, 06:31 PM

Thanked 1,484 Times in 752 Posts
SuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant futureSuzzanneX has a brilliant future

Syd Barrett
The Following User Says Thank You to SuzzanneX For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (03-14-10)
Old 03-14-10, 09:27 AM

Josh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really nice

He is one of the greatest singers and dancers of all times. he has a category of his own.

I dont think that he did what people sued him for.

He felt let down and betrayed by the law suits from people whose main goal is money. All of them settled out of courts for financial compensation.

If my child gets molested, I wont settle unless I see this person in jail. no money in the world would make it even for me.

Do I want to live and buy houses, and yachts.....with my child's molester money?? If I do take his money, does that make me me a parent who sold his kid? The only difference is i got paid after. The ones who didn't settle because they thought that they can get more if hey was found guilty. They were asking form money not jail time or justice. even so he got acquitted.

he felt let down by these people's action. People only remember the bad things claimed against him. Forgotten that he changed the map of the music scene.

He escaped, went to Bahrain and Dubai. But still stigma followed him and he couldn't just hide.

And he went to drugs thinking that would ease his pain and sadly he was mistaken. As a result he died trying to escape reality when he escaped it permanently.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Josh_kelly For This Useful Post:
Crazygirl79 (03-14-10), Naussicaa (04-22-10), SuzzanneX (03-14-10)
Old 03-14-10, 12:37 PM
Contributor

weareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really nice

I think he was taking drugs looong before going to Dubai.

Still surprises me that the word "Scientology" isn't mentioned more when talking about his alleged child molesting - sounds amazing like their usual dirty tricks:

"Hey Ms Presley, try and get Michael into an Org. What's that, he's not interested and wants to keep hold of all his money? Then he is an enemy and must be suppressed by any means. Mwahahahaha.....".

I could just be paranoid of course!
Old 03-14-10, 10:43 PM

Thanked 1,995 Times in 1,112 Posts
Crazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond reputeCrazygirl79 has a reputation beyond repute

As I said who gives a sh*t whether he was on drugs or not, it's his business and to me he was the King of Pop and if you look into it he was referred to as that in the musical sense.

Selena
Old 03-15-10, 01:44 PM
Contributor

...actually he specifically insisted that he was referred to as that and declined to deal with anyone who refused.

What anybody says on this board will not affect how he rests. It does, however, obviously affect you. I would suggest just allowing people who want to have a conversation just get on with it. It's sad that he's dead (to some people) but that doesn't mean we can't discuss his circumstances.
sterling818 (03-15-11)