ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Children's Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Children's Diagnosis & Treatment This forums is for parents to discuss issues related to diagnosis and treament of children with AD/HD

Old 02-10-10, 02:19 PM

Mamakat is on a distinguished road
finally got a diagnosis :(

We have finally got an ADHD diagnosis. I am sad and releaved at the same time. at least we know what we are dealing with now. The school will now be a little more understanding and will give him more time on tests. we have desided for now not to medicate. he is seeing a psycologist for the behavior modification and we are hopeing this helps. We would like to not have to medicate unless absolutly nessesary. he was diagnosed a week ago so we are going to give it some time before desiding weather we need to medicate.

Blaine is 7 and in the 2nd grade and he has a great teacher who is working with use to best help Blaine
Old 02-10-10, 03:20 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,007 Times in 488 Posts
JenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud of
Re: finally got a diagnosis :(

Having a diagnosis actually relieved us as we finally felt we had a direction to go with our son. What type of behavioural modification are you doing? We continue to debate whether it is doing anything for our son--also 7yrs and 2nd grade. Ours was mostly based on anxiety and impulse issues and he has improved but I'm not convinced it had anything to do with the therapy since he refuses to use any of the tools they taught him but more likely the medication he is taking.

12yo DS with ADHD/anxiety.
Diagnosed 6/09
Old 02-10-10, 03:51 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,968 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamakat View Post
Of all the things I would have liked to pass on to my children ADHD was not one of them.
I'm not a parent and while I sympathize with your situation with your child, what about you? Is your signature line correct? I know that ADHD is highly heritable, so my question is, have you or your spouse been diagnosed and are either or both of you receiving care for ADHD?

I ask because it could be helpful to your child.

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-10, 12:47 AM

Mamakat is on a distinguished road

I have ADHD and by we think my husbands dad has ADHD just never been diagnosed. I was diagnossed when I was in 1st grade and was on meds till 5th grade. after that I have just been trying to cope on my own with it. I havent receaved care sence 5th grade. I do fine at work butt at home Ijust cant seem to get anything done. its the unstrukchered time that gets me. just like my son. I try to help him butt I struggle with it as well.