ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-16-04, 08:49 PM
ADDvanced Member

Penultimate will become famous soon enough
Add to (Name's) Reputation?

There is a scale in the upper right corner of every post. When you move to it it says "Add to (poster's name's) reputation." How will this feature be used? Will it matter?

EDIT: I just noticed that I can add to my own reputation!
The Following User Says Thank You to Penultimate For This Useful Post:
Black Razor (11-02-08)
Old 06-16-04, 08:52 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,038 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
If I notice a particular post that I was impressed with, I might add to that poster's reputation.

the converse could happen when, in theory, someone's answer isn't accurate.

Who know's? We might scrap the reputation function...We'll have to see.

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 06-16-04, 08:53 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

jaimegerise has disabled reputation
Yeah, that reputation thing is making me bonkery for some reason....
Old 06-16-04, 08:55 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
You also can turn off the ability for anyone to see your reputation in the User CP, I believe.
Old 06-16-04, 08:59 PM
ADDvanced Member

Penultimate will become famous soon enough
I clicked on “Add to Big’s reputation” and I was asked to approve or disapprove of the post and to comment. (I did not.) Then just as an experiment, I clicked on “Add to Penultimate’s reputation” on my post. I was not asked to approve or disapprove or comment. It just said that I have 10 reputation points, whatever that means.

Where can I find the reputation on a user’s profile?
Old 06-16-04, 09:17 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
You can't add to your own reputation by clicking. You do that by adding new posts/threads and by other's adding to your reputation.

You can go to your User Control Panel, and in the options, you can select to block your reputation from showing.

Old 06-16-04, 10:22 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penultimate
I clicked on “Add to Big’s reputation” and I was asked to approve or disapprove of the post and to comment. (I did not.) Then just as an experiment, I clicked on “Add to Penultimate’s reputation” on my post. I was not asked to approve or disapprove or comment. It just said that I have 10 reputation points, whatever that means.

Where can I find the reputation on a user’s profile?
There should be little green dot in the upper right hand corner. put your mouse over it.
Old 06-16-04, 10:37 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
If my girlfriend had her way mine would say "you are up for sale". heh
Old 06-16-04, 11:21 PM
Ghost in the Machine

lmao.

Old 07-02-04, 06:40 PM
Forummarm

Thanked 7,828 Times in 2,435 Posts
Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
Hey, I just saw the similar threads thingy from the other thread talking about this...very cool guys and thanks for giving me my answer....

Everything I write is fully substantiated by my personal opinion.
Old 07-02-04, 07:09 PM
Ghost in the Machine

All you had to do was ask...

Old 07-02-04, 07:11 PM
Forummarm

Andi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond reputeAndi has a reputation beyond repute
but I did...in that other thread...sigh, no one understands me

Old 07-02-04, 07:12 PM
Ghost in the Machine

lmao...but not in THIS thread. Don't worry...it wont impact your reputation count...lol

Old 07-02-04, 07:24 PM
Forummarm

that's just mean, I thought you'd just see everywhere I've posted it...lol (and I have YET to understand how to see someone else's number)...remember to vote for me, Andi is Dandy, I need all the points I can get.

Old 07-02-04, 07:28 PM
Ghost in the Machine

You can't see someone else's number...just the rating "description" associated with the number of reputation points they've accumulated. (i.e. "[username] is on a distinguished road")