ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 04-03-10, 01:55 PM
Contributor

pembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nice
Question Question for those who switched from Adderall to Vyvanse- time off in between?

Quick question for those of you who had success with Vyvanse after switching from Adderall...

Did you take any days off in between the switch.

I tried Vyvanse a few weeks ago with no success (I'm now back on adderall IR). It made me very sleepy/spacey/groggy.

I'm wondering if I might have had a different experience had I taken a day or a few days off in between the two medications.

Maybe not- that may have had absolutely nothing to do with it. But I was just wondering...

I may try Vyvanse again soon, so if it would help to take some time off first, let me know.

It's hard to take much time off, given the severity of some of my symptoms and all the responsibilities in life- it's especially hard to do it in advance of starting a medication that might not work for me- which would mean even more time living with unmanaged symptoms.

However, if it's worth it- if there's a reason it might not work as well right on the heels of adderall, then I'm willing to invest in that experiment.

Thanks.
My strategy for managing my emotions is to just continue tamping them down deeper into the glowing ball of white-hot rage at the center of my soul until one day.... SNAP! But until that day, eeeeeeeeeeeverything's fine.

If I seem normal to you, it's only because my undisciplined impulsivity is being counter-balanced by my crippling self-doubt.