ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 07-26-14, 04:19 PM

rjp11043 is on a distinguished road
Aurobindo Adderall IR 20mg No good?

Hello all,

I have taken Adderall at varying dosages daily for the past 10 years for ADHD and recently picked up a prescription from CVS by the brand name "Aurobindo Pharma". They are round off-white pills with "U30" stamped on one side. They don't taste anything like normal Adderall IR (Sugary), and i literally feel as if i haven't taken any medication. I took my first 20mg IR dose 6 hours ago and my second an hour ago to no avail. If i had to guess id say this is counterfeit.

Ive followed my routine sleep, nutrition and exercise pattern ruling out any enviromental factors that could alter Adderalls Effects. Keep in mind i took my normal Teva dose yesterday and it worked as it usually should.

Does anyone have any experience with this brand? Perhaps i just received a bad lot.

Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to rjp11043 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14), mentalfloss (05-04-17)
Old 07-27-14, 03:34 PM

swb247 is on a distinguished road
Re: Aurobindo Adderall IR 20mg No good?

I just got mine from CVS 2 days ago and was obviously expecting Teva but got home to find this new brand of generic. So naturally I got on here to see what the consensus was on it. So far I have found it not to be as effective but haven't had a full day of taking it exclusively since I had some Teva left over still. I will check back and update for a better "review" if you will and I look forward to hearing others experiences with it.
The Following User Says Thank You to swb247 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Old 08-06-14, 09:55 PM
Jr Member

dave6532 is on a distinguished road

I picked up a prescription from CVS also and had severe nausea from Aurobindo. Even though I took the required 20mg in the morning and 20mg in the afternoon, it felt as if I did not take anything at all. I confronted CVS about the recent change. They would not give any information why they switched. I tried to get name brand Adderall from from them and they cannot get it. I am still searching for the brand name Adderall because I cannot find anyone who carries Barr.
The Following User Says Thank You to dave6532 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-12-14, 10:11 AM

chumlysgurl is on a distinguished road

I have been taking generic Adderall for almost 8 years and I just got my 15mg from cvs last week and it is terrible! Iv been prescribed this drug for circulation and headaches etc.. and I haven't had a headache or fingers/toes go numb while on my normal brand, but this past week has been awful so I decided to look up whats different and I found this site. You guys are rite it doesn't have the sweet taste and it doesn't work. Not to mention that the price tripled, I was paying like 45 bucks and since they switched brands it cost 120 bucks! I hope something gets done about this because their messing with people lives, I'v passed out many times when not taking these pills in the past and I'm scared it might happened again. But I agree its not the same at all.
Old 08-12-14, 05:37 PM
Contributor

FocusPocus10 is on a distinguished road

It definitely works, but not as clean as sandoz. My pharmacy apparently carries aurobindo adderall and sandoz and they slipped me the aurobindo the one time I forgot to specify sandoz. Must be higher profit margins for them to serve this indian generic. I don't trust indian pharmaceuticals in general so I hope these pills are safe.
Old 08-12-14, 05:58 PM
ADDvanced Member

Eaaqas has a spectacular aura aboutEaaqas has a spectacular aura about

Works just fine for me. These were the first Adderall I took -- It took me about a week and a half to get over the symptoms everyone is describing.

I actually prefer the MALLINCKRODT Adderall because I don't notice any ups or downs besides tiredness after the pills run out.

Each of the generics lasts about 4-5 hours at full strength with no effect after about 8-9. I take 2x20 a day.
Old 08-12-14, 05:59 PM

synthetic94 is on a distinguished road

It seems like the generic brands are all over the place.. Really hope there will be more consistency soon. It isn't fair to us, and out of all pharmaceuticals it seems adderall has the most variables

Subutex 4mg (daily)
Klonopin 2mg (as needed)
Adderall --> Vyvanse
Valerian Root ~1000mg (bedtime as needed)
The Following User Says Thank You to synthetic94 For This Useful Post:
Eaaqas (08-13-14)
Old 08-13-14, 08:44 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

What does this brand look like?
Old 08-16-14, 09:11 PM

hazelkhoo is on a distinguished road

I was recently diagnosed (late July) and was prescribed 10 mg. My CVS gave me Aurobindo and they don't seem to be doing anything for my ADD, they just give me a headache, make me jittery, and make me need to pee a lot. Like 3x in an hour a lot.
I haven't been able to find much on them, making me think that they're new and therefore untried. My 10mgs are round and blue with U27 stamped on one side, btw.
What should I tell my doctor the next time I see her? I don't want her to try and put me on ritalin, I just want another prescription so I can try another generic brand. Also are my symptoms normal for someone that has just started adderall or because of them being by aurobindo?
The Following User Says Thank You to hazelkhoo For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Old 08-23-14, 08:05 PM

laurenb is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Aurobindo Adderall IR 20mg No good?

I have been on adderall for over 7 years and went to CVS to fill my prescription and I am so disappointed. Aurobindo is horrible. It does not work. I have no idea what I am going to do. Has anyone ever tried to return there prescription? I can not take this adderall. What are some other options that I can do? Do I need to switch my prescription? Is there someone we can contact? I will never fill ANY of my prescription again with generic Aurobindo.
The Following User Says Thank You to laurenb For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Old 08-23-14, 09:35 PM

laurenb is on a distinguished road
Unhappy Re: Aurobindo Adderall IR 20mg No good?

I have been on adderall for over 7 years and went to CVS to fill my prescription and I am so disappointed. Aurobindo is horrible. It does not work. I have no idea what I am going to do. Has anyone ever tried to return there prescription? I can not take this adderall. What are some other options that I can do? Do I need to switch my prescription? Is there someone we can contact? I will never fill ANY of my prescription again with generic Aurobindo.
The Following User Says Thank You to laurenb For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Old 08-24-14, 11:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

Nachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to allNachons is a name known to all

in july, i was happy to see that my local CVS started carrying sandoz. but, one month later, they seem to have run out; they gave me 7 sandoz and 23 of these new aurobindo types.

it doesn't seem as effective as the sandoz; probably on par with the teva they were carrying before. the only thing i don't like about them is how crumbly they are; i cut my 30mg in half to save money, and if i'm not careful with these they explode all over the place!
Old 08-25-14, 05:40 AM

njd5059 is on a distinguished road

This is my first post, as I felt compelled after my infuriating experience yesterday getting my monthly script of 90 tablets of 15 mg Adderall IR at CVS to join and comment on the topic of "Aurobindo Pharma's" generic Adderall tabs and share my opinions and experience after earlier today getting blindsided. I have been on Adderall IR, XR, or both for the past 4 years and not once have I ever received a generic IR tablet other than the Barr/Teva generics, which luckily I prefer the best since it works for me the way I want/need it to without experiencing some of the unpleasant side effects that turn others away from them. I also like Sandoz/Eon a lot and can even deal with Mallinckrodt; the only generics I avoid and do not like are those by Corepharma, even though some people prefer them best I think it comes down to a personal basis of what works for each person the best rather than a consensus favorite or winner. However, when this new-never-been-heard-of generic Adderall tab took the place of my monthly medication that I rely on for my job crunching numbers as a data analyst and especially for my Graduate School courses at night after work and online in Financial Engineering, I can honestly report to you all that this crap from Aurobindo makes Corepharma seem like it's on steroids, it's not even close to providing anything similar to the medication needed and accustomed to.

I have trouble as it is staying organized, focused, and completing tasks/assignments on time in general and Adderall has helped me become extremely organized so I can balance everything going on in my life right now as well as giving me that extra motivation to do better and also give me that extra boost of energy and focus I need for school after a day in the office.

This new imitation from the Indian pharmacy "Aurobindo" is completely ineffective and in my opinion it's downright fraudulent passing this generic as an interchangeable substitute with the brand name Adderall from shire and the current generic forms we have grown accustomed too such as Barr/Teva. after invading CVS as well as other pharmacies and replacing our normal brands we have grown accustomed to with a completely bogus and ineffective product instead without any notice from a technician or pharmacist whatsoever.

There are a few possibly scenarios and reasons as to why this specific formula is affecting the brain and body drastically different than the others:

1. Chemical Makeup: Even though you have all the ingredients necessary in front of you to make your favorite meal from a 5 star restaurant, doesn't mean the finished product is going to taste and sit in your stomach exactly like it. It's all about what you do with the ingredients, how you arrange them together in the most optimal order given what you have, but always putting an emphasis on the main ingredient (in our case its dextroamphetamine/amphet salts).
Adderall’s chemical structure is close to those of the "catecholamine" family of neurotransmitters and hormones, which includes epinephrine, norepinephrine, and dopamine. This similarity confers Adderall’s neurotropic effects by allowing it to mimic the action of these brain chemicals. Now in the case with the Aurobindo generic, if the chemical structure is even altered slightly at all, to the point where it's still classified as Adderall, but differences are still present can possibly impose a risk to the scope of its neurotropic effects, if the brain is processing these signals differently, or if the nervous system responds different, then the end result is a drug composed of the same chemical ingredients in almost the same makeup producing two completely different results, even though some of the byproducts and side effects may be the same.

2.* Absorption/Bioavailability: Just because the FDA must ensure that all passable generics have the same amount of active ingredient in the drug and have the same overall absorption into the bloodstream doesn't mean our bodies ingest and our brains react the exact same as well. The amphetamines may be in my bloodstream right now, preventing my body from experiencing any type of withdrawal symptoms, but the drug is affecting my brain differently and thus my brain and body are responding to it accordingly because the chemical makeup may correlate to overall absorption for every ingredient. In fact, differences in the organized compact chemical makeup of the drug and it's ingredient mechanisms of release as well as the order and how they break down may account for these significant differences accounted for by patients. Serotonin may be affected differently, causing more anxiety, irritability and lack of motivation and focus.

Normally, catecholamines function in areas of the brain that control emotion and arousal, among other things. Dopamine, for instance, plays a prominent role in reward and pleasure pathways, and norepinephrine modulates the sympathetic nervous system, which drives our “fight or flight” response. The hormone epinephrine (probably better known as adrenaline) also has a part in the sympathetic catecholaminergic response, and contributes to the rush we feel when we are nervous or excited. The decrease in energy and motivation with this new formula generic may account for the drug's inability to mimic and produce norepinephrine as well as dopamine.

This is all just my opinion based on my personal experiences, knowledge and basic understanding of the brain and how it reacts to chemicals and stimuli.

STAY AWAY FROM AUROBINDO/AUROLIFE PHARMACEUTICALS ADDERALL IR TABS (IF GOING TO CVS, ASK PHARMACY TECHNICIAN BEFORE THEY FILL!)
The Following User Says Thank You to njd5059 For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)
Old 08-30-14, 11:19 AM

qwerty79 is on a distinguished road

Was scared the U30's wouldn't work. I used to be on the oval b973's and liked them. Been on the U30's from Aurobindo for two days now, got them from CVS. So far they have been working very well. I take 40 mg a day 4 times. I used to lose my appetite and have a hard time sleeping on the U30's, but that doesn't happen with the B 973's.

It could be because I was off the meds for 30-35 days, so let's see what happens.
Old 09-20-14, 04:40 PM

echolalia has disabled reputation

I got my script in the begining of Sept. I wanted to see how well the 15mg IR aurobindo tabs worked before posting this reply.
I have to say, for me, they are effective, but seem to not be as instant as teva or Barr. I would say that I feel the effects of the tabs 30min to an hour after I take them instead of the like, 10min I'm used to.
Overall, I prefer the sweeter teva/Barr formula, but I'm posting this for worry worts who are concerned their scripts won't work... They do, but they're about 30% less effective than other generics I've taken.
I hope this post helps ease some concern about this.
Also- the usda would not allow them to sell their product if it was completely ineffective. (I hope..)
The Following User Says Thank You to echolalia For This Useful Post:
Maurice (11-02-14)