ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-10-18, 04:49 PM
Jr Member

XxBmwM is on a distinguished road
Sandoz Adderall IR

I know Sandoz Adderall IR has been the go-to manufacturer for many years. Given that Corepharma is no longer an option, would Sandoz still be considered one of the best generic manufacturers at the moment?

I'm currently on Mydayis and am looking to switch because the effects are not lasting as long as they're advertised.
Old 02-10-18, 08:19 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,484 Times in 6,485 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Sandoz Adderall IR

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxBmwM View Post
I know Sandoz Adderall IR has been the go-to manufacturer for many years. Given that Corepharma is no longer an option, would Sandoz still be considered one of the best generic manufacturers at the moment?

I'm currently on Mydayis and am looking to switch because the effects are not lasting as long as they're advertised.
Mylan and Sandoz seem to be the preferred and best generic makers imo. They are both hard to come by where I live. I can only seem find Teva and that garbage Aurobindo currently.
Old 02-10-18, 08:22 PM
Contributor

Swissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of lightSwissy is a glorious beacon of light

The efficacy of each generic differs from person to person. My first time filling my prescription, I was given Teva. It worked good but I realized it is weaker than Sandoz the 2nd month I filled my prescription when I was given Sandoz. I stuck with the Sandoz (10mg) for about one year before it stopped controlling my symptoms. When I was upped to 15mg, I was given Mylan. It worked great! Then the pharmacy switched to Sun, which worked as well as Mylan. I rarely take more than 1/2 of one pill at a time as it does the job. I find if I take too high of a dose it just makes me tired and unproductive.

So that’s my experience with generics. Given a choice, I would choose Mylan or Sun as they seem to work best for me. Those two brands haven’t been used by many posters here, for that reason I haven’t heard anything bad about either.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-11-18, 11:10 AM
ADDvanced Member

Snoopy10 will become famous soon enough

Not to disrupt the thread but what was your experience with Mydayis? Or is that covered elsewhere?

I've also been on Teva IR and it works fine for me.
Old 02-12-18, 04:49 PM
Jr Member

XxBmwM is on a distinguished road

Thank you for your inputs everyone. In regards to the MyDayIs; overall it's a pretty smooth drug but the effects do not last nearly as long as advertised. Keep in mind, I am on a relatively low dosage of 25 mg. I have recently come back from a 1 year tolerance break so I'm trying to keep my dosage low.

Even though MyDayIs would be considered "brand" Adderall because it's made by Shire, I think you're better of with taking just regular IR multiple times a day.
The Following User Says Thank You to XxBmwM For This Useful Post:
Snoopy10 (Yesterday)