ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-24-13, 10:03 PM
Jr Member

Addkitteh is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

I just got my Adderall script filled. 20mg tabs 1 and 1/2 or 2 pills daily so 60 count for the mounth this morning I took 2. NOTHING. Never felt it kick in at all. Ive been on Adderall for years so I know how it feels when its working. It was like I took a sugar pill. So I took another one after a few hours just to see if it was a fluke. Still nothing. I paid over $80 for sugar pills. The bottle says Barr.

I called the pharmacy up to ask for a refund and he said I would have to talk to the regular pharmacist on Monday.

Has anyone ever successfully gotten a refund on bad pills?

Another thing I think we should all do is start reporting the bad batches to the FDA every time we are given ineffective pills. The site is here.

https://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scrip...atch/index.cfm
Old 09-16-13, 07:27 PM
Jr Member

eliz567 is on a distinguished road

Did you eat before you took pills? I find they took best on empty stomach.
Old 09-28-13, 05:30 PM

HistoryGuy is on a distinguished road

Hello everyone, I've been on generic Adderall XR for a while now and my doctor and I have discussed using a booster for the mid afternoon. What kind of dosing size should I expect? And are there any generics to stray away from?
Sponsored Links
Old 10-01-13, 08:36 AM

badAddyBatches is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Why is there so much varience between the different generic manufacturers and even from batch to batch with the same manufacturer. I found this post and it pretty much sums it up...
First of all, I have never seen such a problem with other meds as generic Adderall. Literally, have bunk batches what seems like every other month. Or partial bunk scripts mixed in with ones that work. (can taste difference)

"Everyone (like us) usually has an opinion on what brand generic they like for their Rx meds, but even if you get stuck with a brand you dont like, it still works. I prefer the malli roxis, but will still take the A215s/k9s with great results.

With a quick google search, you will find ALLL sorts of discussion recently about this, so i was suprised to not find one here recently. You can see some of these generic adderall brands have been sued for QC issues, and all kinds of other stuff. But there seems to be a huge problem still.

For example, Corpharma Adderall (pink or orange, round with the + score for 1/4s) is known for - The speediest of all, or complete bunk. You can literally notice the difference in your script. I take as directed, except i snort it. So I can tell right away by taste if its going to be the normal speedy effect that someone normally gets from Adderall, or if its taste bitter its a bunk one. like bunk. fall asleep if you went and laid down, and you know thats not possible from an with the active ingredient one. I have had some success from the orange ones, but the pink ones i swear could be a secret placebo study.

These brands quality bounce around on what seems to be every couple months
-Corepharma
-Barr/Teva
-SANDOZ.

Adderall is already brutally expensive without a insurance, but I am sick of gambling and the real ones are obviously always on point."

Now I take my script normally, I don't snort them, but I am uninsured and had to switch from name brand xr's to whatever is cheapest (still over $100/month) Now I've been on adderall or generic for over 10 years now and a couple of years ago got the pink 30's and it was as if I was given a totally different drug- as if the active ingrediant was missing totally. Now I'm running into Teva/Barr doing the same thing! For the 4th time in the last several years I have received a "bad batch" since it is a schedule II substance I'm basically screwed for a month, as I can't trade them in for a different batch or get a new script. I can take them and be miserable or not take them and be miserable but I'm basically out a hundred bucks-AGAIN- and without proper medication for a month.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF SOME WAY TO FIX THIS??? Looking at internet posts it's a pretty widespread problem, does the FDA or whatever body that oversees the pharmaceutical industry just not care? This is not what I was prescribed or what I paid for; after daily use for over a decade I know when I've taken my medication and when I have not. This last batch of Barr 30's IS NOT a legitimate script. Theres no way for me to pay for the name brand, which I know will be the same every time, but these bad batches screw up my life; they hurt work, relationships, my overall well being, my financial situation, and the pharmacist simply says 'well those are what you were prescribed,can't do anything about it" why can they not take back what I have remaining and send them back to the manufacturer and give me a different batch? It's total BS!!!!!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to badAddyBatches For This Useful Post:
greenjay (10-19-13), mentalfloss (07-14-14)
Old 10-13-13, 01:54 AM

Ashlynn is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by badAddyBatches View Post
Why is there so much varience between the different generic manufacturers and even from batch to batch with the same manufacturer. I found this post and it pretty much sums it up...
First of all, I have never seen such a problem with other meds as generic Adderall. Literally, have bunk batches what seems like every other month. Or partial bunk scripts mixed in with ones that work. (can taste difference)

"Everyone (like us) usually has an opinion on what brand generic they like for their Rx meds, but even if you get stuck with a brand you dont like, it still works. I prefer the malli roxis, but will still take the A215s/k9s with great results.

With a quick google search, you will find ALLL sorts of discussion recently about this, so i was suprised to not find one here recently. You can see some of these generic adderall brands have been sued for QC issues, and all kinds of other stuff. But there seems to be a huge problem still.

For example, Corpharma Adderall (pink or orange, round with the + score for 1/4s) is known for - The speediest of all, or complete bunk. You can literally notice the difference in your script. I take as directed, except i snort it. So I can tell right away by taste if its going to be the normal speedy effect that someone normally gets from Adderall, or if its taste bitter its a bunk one. like bunk. fall asleep if you went and laid down, and you know thats not possible from an with the active ingredient one. I have had some success from the orange ones, but the pink ones i swear could be a secret placebo study.

These brands quality bounce around on what seems to be every couple months
-Corepharma
-Barr/Teva
-SANDOZ.

Adderall is already brutally expensive without a insurance, but I am sick of gambling and the real ones are obviously always on point."

Now I take my script normally, I don't snort them, but I am uninsured and had to switch from name brand xr's to whatever is cheapest (still over $100/month) Now I've been on adderall or generic for over 10 years now and a couple of years ago got the pink 30's and it was as if I was given a totally different drug- as if the active ingrediant was missing totally. Now I'm running into Teva/Barr doing the same thing! For the 4th time in the last several years I have received a "bad batch" since it is a schedule II substance I'm basically screwed for a month, as I can't trade them in for a different batch or get a new script. I can take them and be miserable or not take them and be miserable but I'm basically out a hundred bucks-AGAIN- and without proper medication for a month.

DOES ANYBODY KNOW OF SOME WAY TO FIX THIS??? Looking at internet posts it's a pretty widespread problem, does the FDA or whatever body that oversees the pharmaceutical industry just not care? This is not what I was prescribed or what I paid for; after daily use for over a decade I know when I've taken my medication and when I have not. This last batch of Barr 30's IS NOT a legitimate script. Theres no way for me to pay for the name brand, which I know will be the same every time, but these bad batches screw up my life; they hurt work, relationships, my overall well being, my financial situation, and the pharmacist simply says 'well those are what you were prescribed,can't do anything about it" why can they not take back what I have remaining and send them back to the manufacturer and give me a different batch? It's total BS!!!!!

I was taking adderall for years, took a year off, and very recently got back on it. I had an absolutely horrid experience with some Teva generic adderall, and by sheer luck it occurred to me that the manufacturer might have been at fault. I got Sandoz with my next script and the difference between the two was just staggering. It's like two different medications. Neither one was effective at treating the ADD though.

This is the first time I'd noticed a difference from one bottle to the next. I'm sure from 2008-2010 I'd been on a bunch of different manufacturers and never even noticed. For YEARS I never had an unusual experience or reaction, and now within two months I've had two equally bad batches that were enormously different from one another.

How long has this been going on? How long have you been taking adderall and how long ago did you start to notice that it was different from batch to batch?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ashlynn For This Useful Post:
greenjay (10-19-13), mollymae76 (03-18-14)
Old 10-13-13, 02:08 AM

Ashlynn is on a distinguished road

Two months ago I got a bottle of Teva generic IR adderall. I've never reacted to a medication so badly before. Intense "eyeball headaches" that got worse throughout the day, a feeling of pressure in my head and especially in and behind my eyes, feeling spacey, increased ADD symptoms, intense impatience and irritability, getting angry over things like TV noise, intense nausea.

In 2008-2010 I had consistent experiences, and likely received multiple different manufacturers over that frame of time. My experiences were so consistently positive that the manufacturer never even came to my attention.

This month I've got Sandoz generic IR adderall. This stuff isn't treating my ADD symptoms either, but the side effects are significantly less intense than they were on the Teva stuff. Mild headaches, intense irritability during comedown (I've never had a comedown from adderall before), and I feel less creative/eloquent. I find myself searching for 'the right word' a lot. Better than Teva, but honestly, no benefits at all. Don't feel well.

I'm ****** off that this stuff came out of a professional lab. This isn't acceptable at all.
Old 10-16-13, 01:52 PM

EmotionalMess is on a distinguished road
Question Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Okay, I've been taking 20mg generic adderall for 3 years. According to the list, this would be the Barr ( Teva) brand, orange/ peach oval. Today I was side swiped that they had given me a pink pill with cor 135 on it. I almost immedialty turned around to get it swapped, thinking they had given me the wrong meds. Then I looked it up and it was indeed adderall.. So I didn't.. I have been trying find some info on this. But now I have realized that this is a CorePharma pill, but the mfg. distinctly says TEVA U. What are some distinct side effect differences in the 2? Should I look at different generic, go brand name, go back or what? I need some pros and cons... Thanks
Old 10-19-13, 09:59 PM

greenjay is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmotionalMess View Post
Okay, I've been taking 20mg generic adderall for 3 years. According to the list, this would be the Barr ( Teva) brand, orange/ peach oval. Today I was side swiped that they had given me a pink pill with cor 135 on it. I almost immedialty turned around to get it swapped, thinking they had given me the wrong meds. Then I looked it up and it was indeed adderall.. So I didn't.. I have been trying find some info on this. But now I have realized that this is a CorePharma pill, but the mfg. distinctly says TEVA U. What are some distinct side effect differences in the 2? Should I look at different generic, go brand name, go back or what? I need some pros and cons... Thanks
emotionalmess, I have a similar problem. I've been taking Adderall (not IR) for 9 years, same dose, 40 mg in a.m.. I always took Barr for most of those years, then it became Teva and never had one side effect for 9 years. Until last year, I was given Corepharma's bright hot pink round pill, and the pounding headache and dull brain and rapid heartbeat almost had me at the E.R. but I had no insurance, so I toughed it out that night. BTW, it had no effectiveness as a stimulent, it did nothing except it felt like it was killing me. I tried to return them to the pharmacy the next day, but to no avail. These adderall generics are a huge problem because the quality IS all over the place. I threw them out and my doctor was good enough to write a new prescription that month (last year). Then I had the pharmacist write in my file "BARR or TEVA ONLY!" All was well until this last batch of Teva, same pounding headache that NOTHING will touch.

If anyone knows of anything that gets rid of or reduces this pounding headache, PLEASE POST here what it is!

I was surprised to read that everyone has different results with the different generic adderall's. Some LIKE Corepharma, some like Sandoz, some like Barr/Teva, or is there still a BARR out there? My pharmacist says no. Sandoz was terrible too for me, I got the pharmacy to take it back, but that was only because they had written in my file "Barr or Teva only". So glad I had that written in there.
Something very bad is going on in the generic adderall situation, anyone else having problems? I think every bad batch should be reported to the FDA with that link I saw someone posted somewhere. I can't get this topic to show by date order, weird.

Does anyone know if Barr is still making adderall? The Teva I got 2 weeks ago is BAD. Maybe it was a mixed batch, because it was ok until 2 days ago when the pounding headache returned. I would give up adderall if there is none made that is clean, quality ingredients in the exact proportions of the name brand. The brand name is no longer made, is that correct?
If I can't find adderall comparable in quality and consistency to the original formulation of the name brand, I'll have to get a stimulent in it's place, because I don't get out of bed period without adderall. I would become super depressed and suicidal and cry all day. Adderall works like an anti-depressant for me, no A-D works at all for me.

Any suggestions as to what medication does the same thing in the brain as adderall does?
Old 10-19-13, 10:33 PM

greenjay is on a distinguished road

Ashlynn, I'm having the same problem this month. I've been on adderall 40 mg for 9 years. First problem last year COREPHARMA brand generic, almost had me in the E.R.
Is there still a name brand being made? I was told by the pharmacist that the patent expired, and there is no name brand anymore, just all these (pathetic excuses) for generics. I stuck with Barr, then was told there was no more Barr, it became Teva, is that true? The last Teva from this month gave me a pounding headache that was disabling and no medication seems to have any affect on reducing this headache.
I'm very worried because this medication is crucial to me. It has made all the difference in the world in my life.
Old 10-23-13, 07:34 PM

MattMa is on a distinguished road

To those people who are getting pounding headaches drink a caffeinated soda or coffee! That is the quickest way to get over the migraine!

I tried the Corpharma 10mg initially and to be honest didn't really feel much but I read here that me drinking coffee could be interfering with my medication. Well I tried that and felt hungover with a crazy migraine that no headache meds would touch. Once I drank something with caffeine bingo no headache!

Now I'm on teva 20mg and to be honest I still am really not feeling anything!

My doctor also put me on 150mg of wellburtrin but from what he said I won't know a difference from that for two weeks.
Old 12-13-13, 08:35 AM

daedelvis is on a distinguished road

I'm back on the Sandoz hunt after having a relatively consistent supply from an actual knowledgeable and caring Pharmacist who would order it for me. She got hired away to a Beverly Hills Pharmacy that somehow gets away with selling everything at top retail price. I have not found any place that has the Sandoz 30mg consistently. Now every two months I spend a day or more driving around from Pharmacy to Pharmacy

Of all the boards that have a similar Generic Adderall discussion, this is my favorite and I'll ask you good folks who have been online recently:

1. Is there a site or a forum here or anywhere that tracks where certain brands are available? I'd be happy to post when and where I find Adderall available.

2. I'm in California. Anyone know of any place that gets Sandoz regularly or even sometimes? The only place I've found it sometimes is CVS and of the roughly 30 different pharmacies I visit, I'm told that the distributor brings them Sandoz or Teva/Barr and they have no control over it.

Thanks and stay focused!

Adderall 30mg Sandoz
Corepharma Survivor.
When Walgreens offers you Corepharma, just say NO.
The Following User Says Thank You to daedelvis For This Useful Post:
mollymae76 (03-18-14)
Old 12-26-13, 11:18 PM

miltonfriedman is on a distinguished road

None chain pharmacies, ie. mom & pop places are your best bet.

About sandoz...

Has anyone felt a huge change in how well Sandoz adderall IR works. I've been taking adderall for years, so I know it very well. The new Sandoz (coincidentally, the pills manufactured AFTER the drug "shortage of 2012) look bluer, with a shinier coating, and the ARE NOW AWFULL! anxiety and nausea inducing poison. This is very sad, Sandoz used to be the holy grail of adderall. Am I crazy, or has anyone experienced this, it's like day and night between the old sandoz and the new batches of sandoz... has it been reformulated???
Old 12-28-13, 06:52 PM
ADDvanced Member

liveandletdie is on a distinguished road

I was wondering whether anyone takes the corepharma or core pharma however you say their name....IR generics...I am possibly going to add them to my medications however I have not had good results with barr/teva.....

Anyone have success with this brand? (did a search but couldn't find anything)
Old 01-16-14, 01:30 AM
ADDvanced Member

liveandletdie is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

So my psych and I went with 25mg XR morning + 10mg IR in afternoon/night..i actually got the Sandoz version, was a little worried given that it was not the same look as before (shiny?) but seemed to work decent no weird stuff...they did not have the core pharm in stock but said they regularly carry the Sandoz brand.
Old 01-20-14, 12:40 PM
Jr Member

KiminFL is on a distinguished road

New here - but have been taking generic Adderall for 10 years. From what I can remember, I think I've always taken the Barr/Teva brand (orange footballs, I like to call them).. However - the last couple of years, I have noticed a real difference in the effectiveness of my meds. They just don't work like they used to. I've read through most of this thread -- so I am wondering if my issue is the MEDICATION itself (changing formulas/bad batches, etc. ).

My doctor obviously isn't aware of these issues - because all that he's done over the past 3 years is increase the dosage -- which didn't help at all.

I'm wondering if I should try to switch to the Sandoz version -- a quick google search earlier, has "everyone" saying that Sandoz is far better than the Teva...

Any updates on all of this info and/or advice?

Thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to KiminFL For This Useful Post:
mollymae76 (03-18-14)