ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 02-22-15, 08:57 PM
Jr Member

wloveandsqualor is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Hi, so I was prescribed Adderall 20 mg by my doctor, but my insurance only covers generics, and so I was given D-Amphetamine Salt Combo by Barr, the peach tablets with b/973 on it. I can't figure out if this is the IR or the XR though, as it doesn't say on the label.
Old 02-22-15, 09:02 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,082 Times in 6,300 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wloveandsqualor View Post
Hi, so I was prescribed Adderall 20 mg by my doctor, but my insurance only covers generics, and so I was given D-Amphetamine Salt Combo by Barr, the peach tablets with b/973 on it. I can't figure out if this is the IR or the XR though, as it doesn't say on the label.
Those would be considered IR. They are a tablet. The XR is a capsule with time release beads inside.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Greyhound1 For This Useful Post:
KISSgirl (11-28-15), wloveandsqualor (02-22-15)
Old 02-22-15, 09:10 PM
Jr Member

Oh okay, thank you. Is that a typical starting dose, 20 mg IR once a day?
The Following User Says Thank You to wloveandsqualor For This Useful Post:
Greyhound1 (02-22-15)
Sponsored Links
Old 02-22-15, 09:16 PM
Mind Racing Moderator

Thanked 13,082 Times in 6,300 Posts
Greyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond reputeGreyhound1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wloveandsqualor View Post
Oh okay, thank you. Is that a typical starting dose, 20 mg IR once a day?
I think that is pretty normal. That is where I started. I was prescribed 10mg twice a day though.
Old 02-22-15, 09:48 PM
Jr Member

Perhaps a better question then would be whether it is typical to only take one pill a day for the IR?
Old 06-24-15, 09:22 PM

thomass is on a distinguished road

Hi all,

For those looking for Corepharma, Kroger usually carries them (i'm in atlanta). I've been on barr for the last several months without any major side effects. Just thought I'd give Core a shot for a month. Let you know how it goes.
Old 07-29-15, 05:39 PM
Jr Member

unholycow is on a distinguished road

I've been getting bounced around multiple brands by my pharmacist. Switching to Mallinkrodt, I didn't have any side effects, but I think it wass because it wasn't doing anything at all. Switch from that to Sun, and I had some mild headaches, but I was productive again. It was great. Until they couldn't get that anymore, so then I was back on Core, and it was okay. Got home yesterday with a new one (usually they tell me, but not this time). The pills are blue, round, with the crossing score marks on one side, and say U27 on the other. Aurobindo. Looked it up, and found that most folks here haven't liked it, though it seems pretty new still. Also found a warning letter from FDA (with no information about the results of the letter), and a recall notice. Grrr.
Old 07-30-15, 09:41 AM
ADDvanced Member

Babyd19 has disabled reputation

Can you post a pic of what these look like exactly? I feel like there a bunch of new generics popping up suddenly. Its confusing who makes what or now owns what or who bought the rights to what......

Last edited by Babyd19; 07-30-15 at 09:44 AM.. Reason: added
Old 07-30-15, 12:30 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 19,612 Times in 10,438 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babyd19 View Post
Can you post a pic of what these look like exactly? I feel like there a bunch of new generics popping up suddenly. Its confusing who makes what or now owns what or who bought the rights to what......
Google! Plenty of pictures of them all.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
The Following User Says Thank You to Little Missy For This Useful Post:
Babyd19 (07-31-15)
Old 08-19-15, 09:18 AM
ADDvanced Member

dag nab it is on a distinguished road

Aug. 12 FDA issued recall notice re Barr 10 mg amphetamine mixed salts. Reason: Failed Impurities/Degradation Specifications: out of specification for unknown impurity. Note that the recall was issued by the company. I found no other details.

http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/script...22015&lang=eng
The Following User Says Thank You to dag nab it For This Useful Post:
Daydreamin22 (08-19-15)
Old 08-19-15, 09:46 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 3,131 Times in 1,930 Posts
Daydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond reputeDaydreamin22 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag nab it View Post
Aug. 12 FDA issued recall notice re Barr 10 mg amphetamine mixed salts. Reason: Failed Impurities/Degradation Specifications: out of specification for unknown impurity. Note that the recall was issued by the company. I found no other details.

eek! thank you
Old 08-22-15, 03:18 PM
Jr Member

Bcl09215 is on a distinguished road
Wink Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

So the Barr generic IR is awful? I get it from Walgreens. My insurance doesn't cover name brand IR but covers name brand XR. I thought it was awful in that it doesn't help symptoms and just eating..for a few minutes. I meet with my Doc tomorrow and I'd like to discuss Concerta or some other medications. The problem is, he doesn't know much about ADD. I get the Barr 20mg tab.
Old 09-13-15, 02:45 PM

Yung_Fenom is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by dag nab it View Post

This is some cheese
Old 10-12-15, 03:55 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bcl09215 View Post
So the Barr generic IR is awful? I get it from Walgreens. My insurance doesn't cover name brand IR but covers name brand XR. I thought it was awful in that it doesn't help symptoms and just eating..for a few minutes. I meet with my Doc tomorrow and I'd like to discuss Concerta or some other medications. The problem is, he doesn't know much about ADD. I get the Barr 20mg tab.
I find that the Teva/Bar brand is more potent than any other

One generic brand that I would definitely avoid is Mallinckrodt
Old 10-19-15, 02:44 AM

Jim Cricket is on a distinguished road
Smile Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnymondoo View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Actavis IR? I just got my refill today and was surprised to see they gave me a tablet I've never seen before. I've used this same pharmacy for almost 2 years and they've been very consistent (always had BARR until about 4 months ago when they started carrying SANDOZ)

There's tons of reviews the Actavis XR (mostly negative) but I cant find anything about the IR version. I'd just like to have an idea of what I'm in for.

Here's what they looks like:
I've been taking this 30mg Actavis for about 4 months now, with excellent results. I break them in half, taking 15mg in the morning with breakfast and another 15mg after lunch. My only comparison is on the oval Tevas before, which came on too fast, made my chest hurt, and fell off without warning. The IR Actavis comes on more steadily (around 30 to 45 minutes), lasts much longer, and tapers off gently. My mood is stable and productivity remains high. I've noticed that I must eat when taking it and keep drinking water throughout the day. Actavis IR is a blessing for me.
The Following User Says Thank You to Jim Cricket For This Useful Post:
codegirl (12-19-15)