ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 11-20-15, 05:18 AM

zen_masters is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Hi, I am new here. I was recently switched from 30mg xr caps (name brand), to 30 mg ir tabs. They are the pink ones made by Core. I have noticed feeling much more spacey, full of nervous energy, and very easily stressed to the point of overwhelm. I have read that many people are unhappy with the generic versions.

I guess my question is, what is/are the best generic brands? A friend of mine taking the same dose says she feels nothing from them. I feel an effect, but not the kind I was expecting or needing.

Thanks in advance for any guidance.
Old 11-28-15, 03:48 AM

KISSgirl is on a distinguished road

[quote=wonderboy;1687050]
Quote:
I have been taking amphetamine salts for 7 years now. I was horrified when I was given the Mallinkrodt. These white pills that you cannot break apart is the last of my concern. They do not work and they give me a headache. There is a reason they are cheaper. WALMART PLEASE STOP Carrying this brand! It is ineffective. QUOTE]

I could not agree more with the above-mentioned statement by a member here in the forums. Something is wrong with Mallinkrodt's generic....no doubt.
Here Here!! Yes, just moved recently so I switched to a different Target pharmacy and they filled my 30 mg generic with two brands I never had before - one was a large, thin, flat, and orange round disk that worked okay, and the other bottle contained this God awful Mallinkrodt brand -- WTF is up with these?!? Breaking them is a joke because of their powdery consistency, and my reaction to them is sometimes hardly anything, sometimes way jacked up...no thanks!
Old 12-09-15, 10:38 PM

thething313 is on a distinguished road

I'm posting in this thread with the hope of getting come current feedback regarding generic brands of Adderall IR. I have always done very well with teva/barr brand generic, although I haven't experienced much in the way of different manufactures of IR. Referring to the IR, I have only had Core subbed in once, to which I did not react well (Very raw feeling, if that makes sense. Just felt like I mega-dosed caffeine or something). Recently, my doctor and I decided it would be beneficial to test the waters and try a few other types of medication. After a few months, I have easily decided that adderall IR is best for my needs. I know generics can be a bit finicky and I have also heard about teva/barr recently moving its manufacturing facility outside of the U.S. along with having FDA recalls from these forums, so I feel it advantageous to get some first hand feedback. If anyone wants to share their recent experience with teva/barr or any other generic adderall IR it would be much appreciated!!
Sponsored Links
Old 12-14-15, 06:24 PM

ProfessorHeady is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by thething313 View Post
I'm posting in this thread with the hope of getting come current feedback regarding generic brands of Adderall IR. I have always done very well with teva/barr brand generic, although I haven't experienced much in the way of different manufactures of IR. Referring to the IR, I have only had Core subbed in once, to which I did not react well (Very raw feeling, if that makes sense. Just felt like I mega-dosed caffeine or something). Recently, my doctor and I decided it would be beneficial to test the waters and try a few other types of medication. After a few months, I have easily decided that adderall IR is best for my needs. I know generics can be a bit finicky and I have also heard about teva/barr recently moving its manufacturing facility outside of the U.S. along with having FDA recalls from these forums, so I feel it advantageous to get some first hand feedback. If anyone wants to share their recent experience with teva/barr or any other generic adderall IR it would be much appreciated!!
I wanted to post here, just in case people are still searching for info on this. I was recently prescribed adderall. I had tried a few from a friend and found a WORLD of difference, saw a psych, scored super high on ADD (go figure) so my doc prescribed me 10mg addderall, SUPER. Well the pharmacy gave me 10mg SANDOZ manufacturer... well omg they were NOTHING like what I tried from my friend, no focus, tons of anxiety about doing work, and felt very speedy. This was a different drug. I only took 3 from my friend and this was completely different... so I did some research, found out different manufacturers have way different effects on different people. I called my friend who gave me his to try, come to find out his manufacturer was BARR. So I called the pharmacy he got his from, (Walgreens here locally) and they confirmed they carry BARR. So I returned my bottle of Sandoz back to my doc, and he wrote out a new script so I could go get the BARR produced 10mg pills... took one a few hours ago, and it is NIGHT AND DAY how different they are, no anxiety, pure focus.... Want to work fast and hard... it's amazing the differences you get from different generics. Barr is the way to go if you can find it.
Old 12-16-15, 09:49 PM

thething313 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProfessorHeady View Post
I wanted to post here, just in case people are still searching for info on this. I was recently prescribed adderall. I had tried a few from a friend and found a WORLD of difference, saw a psych, scored super high on ADD (go figure) so my doc prescribed me 10mg addderall, SUPER. Well the pharmacy gave me 10mg SANDOZ manufacturer... well omg they were NOTHING like what I tried from my friend, no focus, tons of anxiety about doing work, and felt very speedy. This was a different drug. I only took 3 from my friend and this was completely different... so I did some research, found out different manufacturers have way different effects on different people. I called my friend who gave me his to try, come to find out his manufacturer was BARR. So I called the pharmacy he got his from, (Walgreens here locally) and they confirmed they carry BARR. So I returned my bottle of Sandoz back to my doc, and he wrote out a new script so I could go get the BARR produced 10mg pills... took one a few hours ago, and it is NIGHT AND DAY how different they are, no anxiety, pure focus.... Want to work fast and hard... it's amazing the differences you get from different generics. Barr is the way to go if you can find it.
Very comprehensive writeup, thank you! It's a bit strange that some are reporting dissatisfaction with Sandoz generic lately. Sandoz always seemed to be the gold standard of generically manufactured adderall.....To update my last post, I would like to say that my doctor and I decided to make the switch back to adderall. My script was filled with the teva/barr brand generic IR. Teva/Barr used to be my manufacturer of choice, and its safe to say that nothing has changed. So far so good!
Old 12-25-15, 03:25 AM
Jr Member

Drkatzjr will become famous soon enough
Exclamation Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

What, exactly, is the difference between Teva's brand and their generic versions of Adderall IR???
Old 02-25-16, 08:28 PM

inconspicuousbp is on a distinguished road

New "TEVA" Brand name Adderall 10mg IR that I am currently taking:

Maybe the OP is still around to update with this photo - if they are and would like, I can take a better photo in my light tent but didn't want to go to all that if they didn't care
Old 03-23-16, 03:51 PM

foreverwarrior will become famous soon enough

Currently taking Teva made 30mg Adderall IR tablets (labelled 30/b 974). was switched to this X 2 daily from 20mg x 3 daily. Experiencing fatigue, depression, some dizziness, and inability to concentrate. Anybody else taking these and having issues with them?

Lot # is 34026224A
Old 04-10-16, 11:27 PM
Contributor

wonderboy has a spectacular aura aboutwonderboy has a spectacular aura about

I recently gave Corepharma another chance. I take Adderall IR.

I still fun this pharmaceutical company to produce an inferior product as compared to Teva/Barr
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-11-16)
Old 04-11-16, 06:53 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 18,816 Times in 10,024 Posts
Little Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond reputeLittle Missy has a reputation beyond repute

I only took Core for a day and returned it to my pharm. I don't know what it is but it is not like Sandoz or Teva/Barr.

And in the end, the love you take; is equal to the love you make...Beatles Abbey Road 1969
Old 04-30-16, 03:41 PM

Shostakovich is on a distinguished road

I used to love Sandoz 30mg IR, it was my preference, after the original Shire brand name IR's went away. I don't like the Teva 30mg IR's at all, but the 20mg Teva IR's still seem really good. Core has always been ok with me, in the 30mg strength, but the Core 10's and 20's suck.
My pharmacy had been out of the Sandoz 30's for about 6 months, and I took Corepharma in the interim.
Last month, March, 2016, they got the Sandoz back in stock.
I was happy they had my preferred manufacturer again.
However, last month, they seemed to be very weak. If I took half of one, I felt ok, but if I took a whole one, I would fall asleep.
Very weird. I ended uo running out of medication over 10 days early, and still didn't get very much done the first 20 odd days of the month that I had them.
I resolved myself to make sure and get Corepharma this month, April.
When I went to the pharmacy, they had both Sandoz and Corepharma again.
Stupidly forgetting, and enticed by Sandoz onky costing me about $30 for 60, 30 mg IR's, I bought the Sandoz again.
Now I don't know if this is from the same batch as my March scrip, but these DON'T DO ANYTHING.
I usually take a half a pill, (15 mg's), 3-5 times a day, depending on my work schedule and workload.
Half a pill did nothing.
So, I tried 3/4 of a pill, and still nothing.
Then a whole pill, nothing.
Then one day 1.5 pills. Nothing, besides a slight decongestant effect akin to a 30 mg Sudafed, and falling into a drooling, 4 hour sleep.
They might as well be sugar pills, but I think sugar would probably give me more energy.
As of right now, I would warn everyone to STAY AWAY from Sandoz 30mg IR, (E 404)!
I'm thinking about trying the Teva BRAND name Adderall 30mg IR's, but If they suck as much as Teva generic IR 30's, I'll be extremely upset after shelling out over $6 per pill to try them.
(Costco said they could order the brand for me, with a one week wait, at a cost of only $380+ with my Costco membership discount)
Anyone else having this problem with the Sandoz 30 mg IR's of late?
Please let me know.
Thanks!
Old 05-21-16, 12:18 AM
Contributor

I would be interested to know how to access when I pharmaceutical company files with the FDA for a formula change... Or do they even have to?

On another note:

The beguiling aspect of generic pharmaceutical companies, is that when they file to manufacture a drug, the testing is performed by -them-, and rarely keenly scrutinized by the FDA.

Moreover, the participants recruited in these tests invariably do not represent the population in general… This is known as "external validity" and it is usually very poor.

I find these standards to be absolutely ridiculous
Old 05-21-16, 12:24 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,101 Times in 8,891 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
I would be interested to know how to access when I pharmaceutical company files with the FDA for a formula change... Or do they even have to?
Yes, they do. The labeling changes are recorded and archived. These are publicly available on the FDA website.

If it's inactive ingredients you're interested in, there's a database for that, too.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
inbetweenshades (09-23-16), wonderboy (05-21-16)
Old 05-21-16, 12:28 AM
Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by namazu View Post
Yes, they do. The labeling changes are recorded and archived. These are publicly available on the FDA website.

If it's inactive ingredients you're interested in, there's a database for that, too.
The participants are chosen by the pharmaceutical company, and invariably, as stated, do not represent the class of people which the drug was manufactured for, yielding very poor external validity .

Obviously, this is not true in all cases.

Thank you for correcting me about the testing
The Following User Says Thank You to wonderboy For This Useful Post:
namazu (05-21-16)
Old 05-21-16, 12:45 AM
Yeti-Wrangling Moderator

Thanked 18,101 Times in 8,891 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonderboy View Post
The participants are chosen by the pharmaceutical company, and invariably, as stated, do not represent the class of people which the drug was manufactured for, yielding very poor external validity .

Obviously, this is not true in all cases.

Thank you for correcting me about the testing
Yes, I agree with you that the drug trials required to receive approval are often lacking in a number of ways -- and that's to say nothing of the suppression/lack of publication of negative results. (Hopefully some of that is changing with new requirements to register clinical trials in advance, to require more open access to data and "failed" trials, and to include more representative populations in research.)
The Following User Says Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
wonderboy (06-22-16)