ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 01-28-17, 03:08 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Little Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud ofLittle Nut has much to be proud of
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Talk to the pharmacist. If they have the med on-hand or a mom/pop you you are more likely to get what they told you. Bigger places are probably at the will of their purchasing group or the purchasing group of their supplier. What they received the last 20 orders may not be what they receive next.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Little Nut For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (01-28-17)
Old 02-01-17, 04:22 PM

excell is on a distinguished road

Which pharmacy's carry Corepharma?
Old 03-29-17, 07:31 AM
Jr Member

Kewell35 is on a distinguished road

I have a couple questions. I've been on Adderall (Teva) for a couple years now. I got mine refilled at a local mom and pop pharmacy (for the first time) recently. It's the same exact pill (the orange 20mg one) except it has really different effects. I don't get any benefits in concentration (it feels like a placebo - I took an old one the day before and everything was good) but there are physical effects like decreased appetite and not feeling as tired. Is it possible that they may have sold me fakes? Because this sure doesn't feel like Adderall. Or could it be that it may have been expired?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-17, 07:34 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,553 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kewell35 View Post
I have a couple questions. I've been on Adderall (Teva) for a couple years now. I got mine refilled at a local mom and pop pharmacy (for the first time) recently. It's the same exact pill (the orange 20mg one) except it has really different effects. I don't get any benefits in concentration (it feels like a placebo - I took an old one the day before and everything was good) but there are physical effects like decreased appetite and not feeling as tired. Is it possible that they may have sold me fakes? Because this sure doesn't feel like Adderall. Or could it be that it may have been expired?
Look for the name of the manufacturer on your old bottle and new bottle. I had the same issue with adderall IR before I stopped taking it. I believe some of the manufacturers are : Sandoz, Eon and maybe Actavis? let me know what the manufacturers are and Ill see if I can help.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.
Old 03-29-17, 08:00 AM
Jr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahsweets View Post
Look for the name of the manufacturer on your old bottle and new bottle. I had the same issue with adderall IR before I stopped taking it. I believe some of the manufacturers are : Sandoz, Eon and maybe Actavis? let me know what the manufacturers are and Ill see if I can help.
It's Barr/Teva for the old and new bottle. Thanks for your help.
Old 03-29-17, 08:55 PM
Jr Member

Took it again today (20mg - normal dose). I get absolutely no effects except no appetite and stomach burning (which is weird because my appetite went back to normal only a couple months of taking Adderall - which was years ago).

Is it possible that a real pharmacy could have sold fakes? Or has Teva/Barr recently changed their formula or something? This is so weird that I feel like I'm taking an appetite suppressant.
Old 03-30-17, 02:35 AM

BlackWarrior is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by excell View Post
Which pharmacy's carry Corepharma?
Rite Aids carry Corepharma. I'm not sure if any other big chain pharmacies carry Corepharma.
Old 04-06-17, 06:48 PM

Tmhart32 is on a distinguished road

Hi!

I'm new to the forums, but I came here because I currently take Vyvanse, (took Adderall as a kid) and my daughter was diagnosed with ADD almost a year ago. I was not surprised, my stepson was also diagnosed over 11 years ago with ADHD and then myself. Her doctor says it is not uncommon to "run in the family."

My daughter has been on Adderall since her diagnosis and we have always gotten her medication filled at the same pharmacy. Recently, she has had extreme anxiety (to the point of picking at her skin nervously and biting her nails nervously) and has seemed very distant, detached, and doesn't seem to want to do anything. I took her to the doctor and he ran some blood work (worried about a thyroid issue or possible Mono) but everything came back just fine! Her doctor then asked me if the last time I had her Adderall filled if the pills looked different. As a matter of fact, they did! It was literally the day before I noticed her difference in behavior that we had this new one filled. The old one was made by Corepharma and the new one is made by Aurobindo Pharm (that's what it says on the bottles). We tested this "theory" by letting her go a couple of days with NO medicine. She was her happy, hyper, unfocused, but beautiful self! It was like night and day! I still had a pill or two from the old one (sent with her to grandma's for weekends) and tried that the next two days. She was herself again just more focused and able to finish tasks she started. After going over all of this with the doctor, he and I are convinced that this other brand, the Aurobindo Pharm one, has something in it that caused these negative side effects. Unfortunately, we have to wait 10 more days to get a new refill and to request that the pharmacy fill it with what worked for her if they can.

My reason for posting all this here is that I feel others may have had similar experiences and I also did not see the Aurobindo Pharm tablet listed above. Is this one that you can find out some more information on it for us? I am really interested to know what the difference between this one and the Corepharma is!

Thank you
The Following User Says Thank You to Tmhart32 For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (04-08-17)
Old 04-08-17, 02:10 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 23,964 Times in 11,087 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmhart32 View Post
Hi!

I'm new to the forums, but I came here because I currently take Vyvanse, (took Adderall as a kid) and my daughter was diagnosed with ADD almost a year ago. I was not surprised, my stepson was also diagnosed over 11 years ago with ADHD and then myself. Her doctor says it is not uncommon to "run in the family."

My daughter has been on Adderall since her diagnosis and we have always gotten her medication filled at the same pharmacy. Recently, she has had extreme anxiety (to the point of picking at her skin nervously and biting her nails nervously) and has seemed very distant, detached, and doesn't seem to want to do anything. I took her to the doctor and he ran some blood work (worried about a thyroid issue or possible Mono) but everything came back just fine! Her doctor then asked me if the last time I had her Adderall filled if the pills looked different. As a matter of fact, they did! It was literally the day before I noticed her difference in behavior that we had this new one filled. The old one was made by Corepharma and the new one is made by Aurobindo Pharm (that's what it says on the bottles). We tested this "theory" by letting her go a couple of days with NO medicine. She was her happy, hyper, unfocused, but beautiful self! It was like night and day! I still had a pill or two from the old one (sent with her to grandma's for weekends) and tried that the next two days. She was herself again just more focused and able to finish tasks she started. After going over all of this with the doctor, he and I are convinced that this other brand, the Aurobindo Pharm one, has something in it that caused these negative side effects. Unfortunately, we have to wait 10 more days to get a new refill and to request that the pharmacy fill it with what worked for her if they can.

My reason for posting all this here is that I feel others may have had similar experiences and I also did not see the Aurobindo Pharm tablet listed above. Is this one that you can find out some more information on it for us? I am really interested to know what the difference between this one and the Corepharma is!

Thank you
Yes, others have had similar things happen when the meds came from a
different manufacturer. Bravo for figuring out what the problem was. Seems
wrong that you have to wait to get the right kind of medication again.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
Old 04-28-17, 02:44 AM

33Forward has a spectacular aura about33Forward has a spectacular aura about

Chalk another up to Aurobindo.
Normally, my Rite Aid has been steadily getting me Corepharma.
I always try to make a note of the manufacturer when I get a new script. In my med diary, I keep notes on who made what pills, and how I've felt better/worse/same on something different.

Being pre-disposed to anxiety, skin picking, and all that behavior described previously, I'm nervous to try it. I'm already on anti-anxiety meds as well, but the last thing I need is more to add to it.

I was surprised to see the name. It hadn't come up before that I noticed, and only found a few posts in this thread with the name.

Anyone else with experience on this brand? I've never been on any but Corepharma, so I have no idea what to expect. I guess I'll be stuck with it for a month, so I guess I'm glad I just refilled my anxiety meds too. Sounds like I may need them.
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein
Old 04-28-17, 10:37 AM

unstableAngel will become famous soon enough
Thumbs down Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

MRS Update, the rx they gave u is NOT the same as mixed salts (generic adderal) it is a stimulant, but completely different. The same thing happened to me with the same result. I would contact your pharmacy again! and tell them. As they litterally gave you a different medication. Tho it is prescribed for ADD, you should have been asked or made aware. Be a squeaky wheel! It's not right imo!
Old 04-30-17, 04:30 PM

33Forward has a spectacular aura about33Forward has a spectacular aura about

Okay, so I've been on this different brand for a couple days now (Aurobindo). I didn't get the nervousness or anxiety part with it. It starts off pretty similar, maybe not quite as focused. But whoa, when it wears off its pretty scary. I used to get a decent 5 hours out of the Corepharma before I needed my second dose. But with this brand, I hit a wall at roughly 4 hours, maybe less, and I could fall asleep standing up at that point. It also makes me irritable and quick to snap at people when it is working. I'm working 8 hour days, with a nearly hour comute each way. Sundays, as in today, I end up downing 5 hour energy shots to keep from falling on my face because I work 10 hour shifts instead. And it takes one more just to kick in and get me through the drive home. I could hande the anxious part, but I have the opposite problems. Anyone else? Anything my doc can do besides wait another 28 days? The crash coming off it outweighs the benefits by a lot. This is gonna be a big problem, because NY sends scripts electronic. You have no options to change it once they send it. If the pharmacy is out, ur sol. If they have some other brand, ur sol. Not sure what to do here besides wean myself off it, since its not helping at all, and the time it wears off is brutal.
(not Einstein, as some believe)
"Right now...time is having its way with you." -Van Halen

"It is the same with people as it is with riding a bike. Only when moving can one comfortably maintain one's balance." -Albert Einstein

Last edited by 33Forward; 04-30-17 at 04:34 PM.. Reason: sleepy and my spelling on this mobile keyboard is horrible
Old 05-12-17, 02:04 PM

rholland123 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnymondoo View Post
Does anyone have experience with the Actavis IR? I just got my refill today and was surprised to see they gave me a tablet I've never seen before. I've used this same pharmacy for almost 2 years and they've been very consistent (always had BARR until about 4 months ago when they started carrying SANDOZ)

There's tons of reviews the Actavis XR (mostly negative) but I cant find anything about the IR version. I'd just like to have an idea of what I'm in for.

Here's what they looks like:
These 30mg tablets were the best I've ever received. Made by actavis at the time .Some reviews I read were negative but for myself they wonderful. They were consistent from fill to fill and tablets were also. For two years I was enjoying life. Then the pharmacy changed and I have been trying to find them since ? Still looking ! Good luck !
Old 06-15-17, 01:37 AM

Demetrios is on a distinguished road
U30 adderal gerneric. Best generic out there better than sandoz

I have tried all generics of adderal for my add. And the u30 generics are by far superior than any other and deff better than the teva/barr brand. Just 2 20mg lasts me all day long. Im super concetrated and i have had no side effects. I dont know where all these complaints are coming from but they are by far superior than any other generic and name brand. I used to need 3 of the barr/teva ones dosing 3 to 4 times a day. With the u30 i only does once and i am good to go all day and they are not even extended release. Best generic on the market. The barr/teva ones i could not feel any concentration and they made me tired. Dont listed to the people on the threads. Everybody i uave spoken to they agree this is by far the superior of all adderal generics.
Old 06-15-17, 03:44 AM
Mod-A-holic

Thanked 29,553 Times in 13,428 Posts
sarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond reputesarahsweets has a reputation beyond repute
Re: U30 adderal gerneric. Best generic out there better than sandoz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demetrios View Post
I have tried all generics of adderal for my add. And the u30 generics are by far superior than any other and deff better than the teva/barr brand. Just 2 20mg lasts me all day long. Im super concetrated and i have had no side effects. I dont know where all these complaints are coming from but they are by far superior than any other generic and name brand.
Again, this is YOUR opinion.

Quote:
I used to need 3 of the barr/teva ones dosing 3 to 4 times a day. With the u30 i only does once and i am good to go all day and they are not even extended release. Best generic on the market. The barr/teva ones i could not feel any concentration and they made me tired. Dont listed to the people on the threads. Everybody i uave spoken to they agree this is by far the superior of all adderal generics.
Do not tell people not to listen to others. Your opinion is just that- an opinion.

I carried a watermelon?

I've always been one of a kind. It just hasnt always been positive.