ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-21-11, 10:54 PM

joeblack949 is on a distinguished road
Post Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Heres a better picture of Eon/Sandoz 30mg IR for your page, I noticed your picture was weird and think it has to do with the reflective film on the tabs.

http://img684.imageshack.us/img684/320/eon30closeup.png

Eon = the best
CorePharma = Used to be a close second, now about as effective as a punch in the face.
Barr = the Name Says it all, I wish someone would Barr these from being given to people, theres no telling the damage its caused add sufferers everywhere that don't know the difference in generics

Also I was able to pick up #90 Sandoz/Eon 30mg Tabs at CVS, although it was only because of luck, or an angel smiling down on a frustrated CorePharma Sufferer.

Proof

http://img715.imageshack.us/img715/7...dderallweb.png
Never hurts to call a major chain as they may have a stockpile somewhere

Prices without Insurance also, I've found with IR MG hs nothing to do with price its the qty 99% of the time

#90 30mg Barr (pretty universal) $35
#90 30mg CorePharma at Walgreens with W Card $58
#90 Sandoz at CVS $68 (was quoted $126 over the phone though)

And to those who get headaches from adderall take magnesium supplements, theres a ton of literature about this on google already so I wont rehash it, do your research. It also lowers youre tolerance.

Joe

Last edited by joeblack949; 04-21-11 at 11:06 PM.. Reason: bayimg was not embed friendly
The Following User Says Thank You to joeblack949 For This Useful Post:
Numbat81 (11-24-11)
Old 04-21-11, 11:26 PM

joeblack949 is on a distinguished road
Re: The Official Adderall IR Generics Information Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRS_Update View Post
So I am new here, and recently diagnosed ADHD-PI. I had an unsettling experience similar to what I have read here which I wanted to share; I believe this would be the correct thread. So, after diagnosis my doctor issued me a script for 10 mg ER mixed amphetamine salts. I dropped it off at the pharmacy during lunch and picked it up that evening after work. I'll save you from the rambling and just say that the pharmacy gave me 10 mg IR mixed amphetamine salts made by Barr (which I was not aware of at the time that they were IR, just discovered the difference). I took my first dose the next morning as directed, and it was an immediate difference. All my bills were paid in 10 minutes, I created a budget for the month, all the piles disappeared and I felt so tranquil, my mind was at peace. It also totally eliminated the need for me to take Klonopin for SAD. The doc warned it might exacerbate my anxiety, but it had exactly the opposite effect! Problem is, it wore off after 4 hours when the doc sad it should last 10-12. I returned to the pharmacy to find out what was up, at which time I discovered the difference, and that I had taken the IR formulation. They apologized profusely and gave me the correct script for ER. Only the label said "Dextroamp-Amphet ER 10 mg" (Teva), not "Mixed Amphetamine Salts 10 mg" (Barr). I assumed it was the same and went home. Next day, I take the ER dose, and I felt absolutely nothing. Maybe even worse. Called the doc and described it, he said take two ER's, they should equal a 10 mg IR. Did that, now I feel motivated but my mind wanders more than usual and I get angry sometimes (which rarely happened before). Also, my anxiety came back with a vengeance. I do not believe that IR and ER are the same medicine at all. I assumed they were, just one had a longer duration of therapeutic effects. From what I've read on here, lots of people have been experiencing similar things. Just wanted to add my $0.02 on the topic, and perhaps gain some more info or help someone out. Take care!

im add-pi as well, add-pi is relatively uncommon from what iv'e seen too. if you want my 2 cents and 6 years of experience trying everything, get the eon/sandoz irs, they're absolute perfection for add-pi in my case. hard to find but worth it, teva/barr makes me angry, the old core were awesome, the new core are less effective than a punch in the face and the punch is way cheaper! ymmv
Old 04-25-11, 02:33 AM

caughtinabadone is a jewel in the roughcaughtinabadone is a jewel in the roughcaughtinabadone is a jewel in the rough

nevermind read it backwards, you are right!
Sponsored Links
Old 04-27-11, 08:21 AM

cerastotle is on a distinguished road

I discovered the pain of generics when Teva bought Barr and my good old Barr pills suddenly stopped working. I trieed Corepharma and Sandoz after that; Sandoz generic 10 mg has worked best for me. Over Christmas I was forced to fill with CorePharma due to lack of planning, right in the middle of a cross-country move. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't awesome.

I recently got refilled with, bah, Barr, but this time it actually seems to be working just fine. Actually, quite a bit better than Sandoz. Is my old Barr back? I wish that this weren't so variable. I feel like a drug addict or a meth-lab runner everytime I call around to pharmacies and say "I'm looking for a specific manufacturer of generic Adderall..."
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to cerastotle For This Useful Post:
amelia42188 (08-08-11), markadd (04-27-11)
Old 05-11-11, 12:04 AM

K_Nicole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerastotle View Post
I discovered the pain of generics when Teva bought Barr and my good old Barr pills suddenly stopped working. I trieed Corepharma and Sandoz after that; Sandoz generic 10 mg has worked best for me. Over Christmas I was forced to fill with CorePharma due to lack of planning, right in the middle of a cross-country move. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't awesome.

I recently got refilled with, bah, Barr, but this time it actually seems to be working just fine. Actually, quite a bit better than Sandoz. Is my old Barr back? I wish that this weren't so variable. I feel like a drug addict or a meth-lab runner everytime I call around to pharmacies and say "I'm looking for a specific manufacturer of generic Adderall..."
I used to take Barr and love it, then the same thing...it got weak and not so good. I took a break from adderall for a few months and when i came back to it I got Sandoz. I thought it worked good (except looking back I was *****y and secluded myself from the world), but then I had to get Barr because I live in a college town where adderall is always sold out so I took what I could get. AT FIRST, I thought it was still weak and I wanted my money back...then I noticed after a few weeks I had started working out again, cleaning my apartment without thinking about it, ect...regardless, I went back to Sandoz when it came back in stock. That was last month and looking back, this past month I stopped working out, stopped focusing, my apartment is a mess, and I grinded my teeth. Needless to say, I got a script for Barr today and am going back to it & I look forward to getting my motivation back. I think the old Barr might be back!

For me, as of currently:
Barr= motivated, not shaky, focused, generally happier, socail
Sandoz= unmotivated, tired, irritable, seclude myself away from people, feel cracked out
The Following User Says Thank You to K_Nicole For This Useful Post:
starry (12-18-12)
Old 05-11-11, 12:05 AM

K_Nicole is on a distinguished road

and I agree, I hate calling around to Pharmacies asking for certain brands...haha, it makes me feel like a druggie.
Old 05-11-11, 12:28 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Thanked 1,459 Times in 581 Posts
Kaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond reputeKaimei has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_Nicole View Post
and I agree, I hate calling around to Pharmacies asking for certain brands...haha, it makes me feel like a druggie.
I've spent the last two days calling around just to see if anyone HAD any!

I've been taking the CorePharma for the last two months, anywhere from 10 - 20 mgs at a time. Today, I got Barr since I had to go to a different pharmacy.

I started off taking just one 10 mg pill, because I wanted to see how they differed from the CorePharma - holy cr*p. One 10 mg pill put me out like a light for almost 4 hours. I've been short of sleep the last two nights, and the CorePharma can make me a little sleepy sometimes, so I'm hoping that the lack of sleep accounts for part of it.

I'm an insomniac, and I don't think I've ever taken a sleeping pill that put me out that fast! I really, really hope it was just the previous lack of sleep...
Old 05-12-11, 05:48 PM

Anthony121 is on a distinguished road

Before I started Adderall, I had a pretty good diet.. No soda, Just water. Would just eat salads and grilled chicken along with other healthy stuff.. Along with vitamins and minerals..

Now, That I have been on Adderall. I feel like I've exchanged my brain for a new one.

Last Monday I've started exercising since I have a lot of free time now. I've been to do 5 miles a day. Not, straight through.. I've been taking walking breaks in the middle. But, I made SURE that I have COMPLETED 5 miles of just jogging when i'm done..

Exercising a long with adderall just makes me feel SOOO much better.. when I used to exercise when I wasn't taking adderall i didn't feel this good as I do now..

Now for sleep. I started Exercising because I been reading that it will you sleep better and have better REM sleep.. So I stopped taking ambien which I've been taking 2 weeks straight.. would taking Ambien 10 mg 2 weeks straight than not taking it at all effect you're sleeping a lot?

Since not taking Ambien any more because I'm trying to take less prescribed pills as possible., I've been taking Sleep Optimizer which includes melatonin, Pharmagaba, L- trypthophan, hops flower, valerian root and lemon balm..

anyone ever use this? I've been using it but It just gets me drowsy. but, I think that's because I just stopped taking Ambien out of nowhere. Since you get rebound insomnia when you stop taking it..
Old 05-19-11, 02:56 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pianoraindream View Post
Does anyone here taken Adderall IR as a booster in the afternoon in conjunction with an XR add med such as vyvanse?

I am on Vyvanse 40 mg and think I need a booster for the afternoon... When they add boosters in the afternoon, is it safe to add an Adderall IR booster on top of Vyvanse?

I am going to my Dr. tomorrow and need some info.
I too am on 40mg of Vyvanse, however, my pdoc also prescribes me 45 10mg Adderall IR. I take 5mg in the morning with the Vyvanse and 10mg at around 3:00. Keeps the effect consistent, like an Adderall XR that actually works all day.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-19-11, 03:05 PM

tambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of lighttambourine-man is a glorious beacon of light

Also, I wonder how many people are voting for Barr Simply because it is the only one they've tried. Barr 15 and 10mg tabs are the only ones I've tried thus far and I feel they work fairly well, though sometimes they seem far stronger than usual and sometimes they feel a tad weak. However, they never don't work.
Because I seem to be getting good results with the Barr, I haven't bothered trying Sandoz (will steer clear of Corepharma). Am I really missing out? I like the motivational kick and mental clarity of Barr pills and figured this was just an inherent property of Adderall. I keep hearing the Sandoz is smoother but does "smoother" mean less kick? I take Vyvanse so I already have smooth, Barr Adderall gives me a "get up and go, you can do it man!" effect that helps me throughout the day.
I've heard Sandoz almost feels closer to plain Dexedrine, but I really feel it is the l-amp in Adderall that gives me that extra something.
So is a switch worth a try? I don't want to lose a month on a med that isn't even the same.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
Old 05-22-11, 09:16 PM

VSEPR1 is on a distinguished road

I had been taking what I now know to be the Teva "new-brand" Adderall IR for about one and a half years. I decided to try to save some money, and this time asked for the generic (Walgreens). Based on the information I found in this thread, I identified the generic as the CorePharma 30mg Tablets.

As soon as I put the pill in my mouth, I could tell that it had a different taste than I was used to. I guess the best way to describe it would be bitter, whereas the other Teva brand Adderall tastes somewhat sweet.

The Teva brand also seems to "work" faster, i.e. it either dissolves more quickly or can be absorbed into the blood stream more readily... or maybe both, who knows. My chemistry background leads me to believe that the inactive ingredients in the pill would be the biggest contributing factors to the overall solubility and absorption time of the drug. The faster it breaks up, the faster it can be absorbed into the GI tract. From what I understand, the pH of the stomach and urine can also affect absorption and re-absorption rates, respectively. Low pH, i.e. acidic conditions, in both the stomach and kidneys(urine) tend to decrease the absorption/re-absorption of the drug. Higher ph, i.e. more basic or alkaline conditions, tend to improve the absorption/re-absorption of the drug. That means that if the formulation had antacid/basic properties it could improve the absorption of the drug. On the other hand, this also means that if it made the stomach and urine is more acidic that it would decrease the absorption of the drug into the bloodstream. Who knows, maybe it would be worthwhile to pop a tums before you take the pill.

At any rate, I haven't been able to find a full list of inactive ingredients in the Teva brand drug, and for all I know the list of ingredients in the CorePharma pill may have changed as well.

I personally prefer the Teva pill, but that might just be due to familiarity. It was very expensive though, for a bottle of 60 it could cost as much as $350.

If I find anything else about it I'll be sure to post it here.
Old 06-04-11, 07:07 PM

beannieberk is on a distinguished road

I am so glad for this site. I have adult ADD and I have been taking 1/2 of a generic cor130 every two hours daily for a couple of months. Then my pharmacy switched to generic b971. At first I thought it worked better, but pretty soon just 1/2 of a 5-b971 started making me feel REALLY bad. My heart felt like it would skip a beat, I felt dizzy, and faint, like I had really low blood sugar. I had no clue what was going on. I cut my intake back so much I was only taking 1/2 of a b971 in the morning but by noon I felt terrible. I guess I must be a little slow, as I did not think I could have that kind of reaction from just 1/2 of a little pill. I had some cor130 left, so I tried that and found I had no problem with it. My doctor just changed my meds now to Retalin, but after reading all this information, I am not sure it it is the brand that has caused my problems. I will try out the Retlin and see if I have any problems, but I guess now I am curious...do they still make cor130. I mean, if that works, maybe I should just stick with that? I am extremely sensative to medications. Does anyone see a difference between Adderall and Retalin? Is there anything I need to watch for?
Thank you!
Old 06-05-11, 05:41 AM
Jr Member

princevalium will become famous soon enough

This is incredibly frustrating. Aren't generics supposed to be the same as brand name?
I am taking the Barr 20mg Tablet twice a day. How am I supposed to know if it's better or worse than other brands without trying them all?
Old 06-06-11, 03:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by princevalium View Post
This is incredibly frustrating. Aren't generics supposed to be the same as brand name?
I am taking the Barr 20mg Tablet twice a day. How am I supposed to know if it's better or worse than other brands without trying them all?

TRY NOT TO WORRY ABOUT IT! I can not emphasize this enough. The only time my meds don't work is when I worry if they are working. Don't rely on your own judgement. We are ADHD. Many of us are overanalytical and anxious to begin with. Periodically ask for observations from those close to you.

I definately do not think all generics are the same, but I do think believing they are different will certainly make them different. Whatever med, dose generic you are on, try and ignore the huge variety in opinions here. Later on you can afford to be a little more analytical, but right now don't think about it to much. Try and get the best out of what you have to work with.

You can't expect success if you don't give things a proper chance.

RXed:
Pristiq, 50mg (AM)

Adderall, 20mg 2x daily
Lyrica, 150mg 3x daily
Xanax, .5mg 3x daily

Remeron, 30mg (PM)
Seroquel, 200mg (PM)
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to tambourine-man For This Useful Post:
Mago0o (10-19-11), princevalium (06-07-11), purpleToes (12-27-11), ScrambledSpunky (09-16-11)
Old 06-07-11, 02:44 PM

HappyHarvickBUD is on a distinguished road

Find a pharmacy that has the sandoz brand. I was on BARR 20mg twice a day, and i couldnt tell any difference in my really. The last time i my med filled, I had them give me sandoz brand. Totally different drug. Nice smooth up, nice roll down. And all the tablet work equally
The Following User Says Thank You to HappyHarvickBUD For This Useful Post:
clecanyon (08-31-11)