ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-15-10, 03:23 PM

pepsi_gal is on a distinguished road
Best generic brand of adderall?

i currently take generic adderall, both XR and IR, but ive noticed recently that the generic and brand name seem to be the same thing. my friend is prescribed generic 15mg IR, and i got 15mg IR in brand name, and they were literally the same orange oval pill with "dp" and "15" on it. the pharmacist even showed me the bottle that says new adderall formula on it. so i paid 95 dollars for the same thing. so now i buy generic...

I WAS JUST WONDERING, WHAT CHAIN STORE OR SUPERMARKET SELLS THE BEST GENERIC KIND OF ADDERALL? I HAVE READ THAT DIFFERENT CHAIN STORES LIKE WEGMANS, TOPS, TARGET, CVS, WALGREENS, RITE AID, KMART, AND WALMART MAY SELL DIFFERENT KINDS OF GENERIC (PINK, ORANGE, OVAL, CIRCLE)

has anybody had any special success with a certain stores brand of generic?
i read on an old post that sandoz/eon is a special brand that can be bought at independent pharmacies or online, but i rather go to a place in person and purchase my adderall to avoid any scams and to get it without any waiting.

i am from buffalo, ny.

thank you for any response! i greatly appreciate any response!
Old 04-15-10, 04:59 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 13,631 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Best generic brand of adderall?

Pepsi, we have a couple of threads stickied in the Medications -> Adderall forum that have the information you are looking for.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
Old 04-15-10, 05:31 PM
Contributor

pembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nicepembliss is just really nice

Here are some links to those stickies (and if these don't help, just browse the Adderall section and you'll find plenty of people sharing their experiences with generics and advice on where to find particular generics):
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81319

http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=81322
My strategy for managing my emotions is to just continue tamping them down deeper into the glowing ball of white-hot rage at the center of my soul until one day.... SNAP! But until that day, eeeeeeeeeeeverything's fine.

If I seem normal to you, it's only because my undisciplined impulsivity is being counter-balanced by my crippling self-doubt.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pembliss For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (04-15-10), O'Doyle (04-15-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 04-15-10, 07:13 PM

BrandNewDay is on a distinguished road

Pepsi,

I was on the organge Adderall (XR version though). My pills were Teva. After speaking with them, I was told that their generic and brand capsules come off the same manufacturing line - no difference.
Old 04-16-10, 12:37 PM
Contributor

tlhengel is on a distinguished road

For me the Global(Impax) XR's work the best, but they're hard to find. I just finished calling 8 different pharmacies before finding them! And don't assume that if you find them at a pharmacy one month they'll still carry them the next. I filled my script at my usual Target pharmacy last month, which was Global(Impax) and this month they have Barr/Teva.

I used to use Shire's Brand only, but found that they don't work for crap anymore. Definitely Global is the best, although everyone reacts differently. I've read one person say they had terrible side effects from them. You'll never know till you try them.

Also....the ONLY manufacturers currently producing the generic Adderall XR's are Barr/Teva, Shire, and Global/Impax. Sadly, not a lot of options.

Hope that helps in the XR departement
The Following User Says Thank You to tlhengel For This Useful Post:
pembliss (04-16-10)