ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 04-20-10, 01:36 PM

smurph314 is on a distinguished road
Fitness and Workout Supplement interactions?

Hey everyone, Im 27 and started bodybuilding 6months ago and was diagnosed with ADHD 3months ago, I take Adderall IR 20mg 2x daily, And I've noticed I cant take my OPTI-Men multi because of all the vit. C.

I haven't been able to find much of anything regarding interactions between adderall and supplements.

I know Vitamin C is a no-no, but thats about the extent of it.

Does anyone have any experience with or know if you can take, creatine, Amino acids like L-Arginine (vaso-dilator) , L-Glutamine, and other BCAAs, and other sports supplement information

Thanks
Old 04-20-10, 02:27 PM
ADDvanced Member

KnewItAllAlong will become famous soon enough
Re: Fitness and Workout Supplement interactions?

Hmmmm....very interesting. I'm on Vyvanse and I take a lot of vitamins and supplements, including Vitamin C and I've never had a problem. Where did you hear you shouldn't take Vitamin C? I've also taken Glutamine.
Old 04-20-10, 02:39 PM

smurph314 is on a distinguished road

i know specifically for adderall IR that Vit. C slows the absorption of the drug, just makes it work less essentially
Sponsored Links
Old 04-21-10, 01:08 PM
ADDvanced Member

markadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nice

Try taking your supplements at night before you go to bed to avoid the problem alltogether.
Old 04-22-10, 12:55 AM
ADDvanced Member

Rune will become famous soon enough

Just shift the time your taking supplements. Or take you Adderall, wait an hour and then take supplements. Its not that much of an issue.
Any thoughts and opinions expressed within are solely that. My own thoughts and opinions. What is said is from my own view or interpretation of what happened or is posted. Take what is said under advisement, but never over what a medical professional recommends. Any scenario mentioned may be real or may be from my own little world of reality. Use caution. Results may vary.
Old 04-27-10, 10:48 AM

taved will become famous soon enough

I am wondering if there is a difference with VyVanse because of the delivery system. That is very interesting to know however. Now I am going to have to do some research!
Old 04-27-10, 10:57 AM

taved will become famous soon enough

Okay here are a couple of things I found on VyVanse I haven't researched adderall yet.

Avoid drinking fruit juices or taking vitamin C at the same time you take Vyvanse. These can make your body absorb less of the medicine.
Read more: http://www.drugs.com/vyvanse.html#ixzz0mJRLNSge

And here actually:
http://www.addforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50027

And during the course of writing this the information seems to be able the same.

Don't take them at the same time and you should be OK.

I am a proponent of the "Find out what works best for you" method. That does require a little experimentation but its the best way to go.
The Following User Says Thank You to taved For This Useful Post:
Dannywallnuts (05-07-10)
Old 04-27-10, 04:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

hollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nicehollywood is just really nice

how pro hormones, you know the ones they keep banning.
Old 05-07-10, 07:50 PM
ADDvanced Member

Dannywallnuts will become famous soon enough

I would just keep taking the supplements unless you notice the Adderral not being effective. I am also on Adderral 10mg. 3x a day and take supplements. I asked my nurse practitioner if it was okay and she told me just to stay away from the stimulants caffeine, guranna, etc. I take BCAA, Glutamine, Creatine, Arginine, Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, Beta Alanine, and protein. I am assuming you know the proper times to take your supplements and you should keep following that schedule for effectiveness. You just need to keep monitoring if your ADD meds. are working properly or you might have to quit the supps.

Good Luck,
Dan
Old 05-12-10, 12:16 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,662 Times in 821 Posts
K-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond reputeK-Funk has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannywallnuts View Post
I would just keep taking the supplements unless you notice the Adderral not being effective. I am also on Adderral 10mg. 3x a day and take supplements. I asked my nurse practitioner if it was okay and she told me just to stay away from the stimulants caffeine, guranna, etc. I take BCAA, Glutamine, Creatine, Arginine, Multi Vitamin, Fish Oil, Beta Alanine, and protein. I am assuming you know the proper times to take your supplements and you should keep following that schedule for effectiveness. You just need to keep monitoring if your ADD meds. are working properly or you might have to quit the supps.

Good Luck,
Dan

I was doing creatine and really got my bench up, but wasn't sure if it's cool to take with meds b/c of stress on the liver. Plus, I was an alcoholic for like 8 years so I wouldn't wanna take too big of a risk. Have you heard anything about the effects on the liver from meds and creatine together?
Old 05-12-10, 04:47 PM
ADDvanced Member

Dannywallnuts will become famous soon enough

I have very bad cholesterol so my doctor checks my blood levels every few months. He has no problem with the supplements I take and my Nurse Practitioner says they are okay with Adderral. In the blood check they check Liver enzymes. I think the only kick on Creatine is people getting dehydrated.

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Funk View Post
I was doing creatine and really got my bench up, but wasn't sure if it's cool to take with meds b/c of stress on the liver. Plus, I was an alcoholic for like 8 years so I wouldn't wanna take too big of a risk. Have you heard anything about the effects on the liver from meds and creatine together?
Old 03-31-11, 05:52 AM

Derby11 is on a distinguished road

Hello,
I get different answers everyday, whats the truth about creatine and how to take it? Some say pre workout and other say post workout to fill up ur muscles.. some even say pre and post.. which s it?

melatonin side effects
Old 04-01-11, 09:13 PM
ADDvanced Member

markadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nicemarkadd is just really nice

Derby11, as for as creatine is concerned post workout is the best time to take it (within 30 mins. If possible).
Old 06-29-11, 03:43 PM

dubinii is on a distinguished road

Can anyone tell me if there is a better creatine than bsn no xplode creatine because I can't seem to find on the label anywhere that tells me if its a monohydrate creatine or whatever type it is. Otherwise, can you suggest me a creatine that is definitely monohydrate.
Old 07-11-11, 07:40 PM
ADDvanced Member

BalanceisKey is on a distinguished road

optimum creapure creatine monohydrate

or my favorite Kre- alkalyn