ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adults with ADD > General ADD Talk
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 04-24-10, 06:13 PM
Jr Member

HydrusAPR will become famous soon enough
Brain Tumor & ADHD Tendencies

Hi,
I have been dealing with a benign brain tumor for 17 years (pituitary adenoma/acromegaly) and my wonderful ADHD boyfriend has concluded that I truly have ADHD tendencies. The tumor has definite hormonal issues that have presented some challenging characteristics. He has been patient & funny as he has peeled the back the layers of my complicated life and integrated it into his wonderfully complicated life. Anybody out there know of other adults who have developed ADHD tendencies due to other disorders that may not have been present as a child? Or any friends that are dealing with hormonal issues from tumors that replicate ADHD? I would love to connect with them. At times I feel completely overwhelmed because so much of my life, at this time, is so new. Connecting the dots is getting easier, now that I know the ADD part of my life; the way I think, feel & behave has a name...

Thanks so much...
Old 04-24-10, 11:03 PM
Modulated

Thanked 6,893 Times in 2,971 Posts
meridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond reputemeridian has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Brain Tumor & ADHD Tendencies

Quote:
Originally Posted by HydrusAPR View Post
At times I feel completely overwhelmed because so much of my life, at this time, is so new. Connecting the dots is getting easier, now that I know the ADD part of my life; the way I think, feel & behave has a name...
Overwhelm is something I can relate to, and you do have a lot to digest.

Connecting the dots is a good thing and a good start.

I don't know anyone in your situation, but perhaps others will have something to add.

The good news is that AD/HD is the most treatable of all brain disorders. Wishing you all the best as you make your way!

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly, what is essential is invisible to the eye." - Antoine de Saint-Exupery

“Would you deny for others what you demand for yourself?” – U2

“The future ain't what it used to be.” – Yogi
The Following User Says Thank You to meridian For This Useful Post:
HydrusAPR (04-25-10)