ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDF Lounge > Chit-Chat
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-11, 02:33 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 1,219 Times in 682 Posts
C8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to behold
Re: Share a random fact about yourself

Quote:
Originally Posted by C8H10N4O2 View Post
Well, I don't... I trust manufactures. I happen to basically know the quoted content amounts for all the drinks I consume...with the exception of the loose leaf black tea I buy regularly from a local store...it's unbranded. I guess I could actually try to do an extraction to figure out how much is in there, but I don't think my lab would smile on it. I just know there is enough in there to start feeling it if I drink enough tea, so it's definitely got some kick to it.
*Note, only in regards to caffeine content.
Old 08-10-11, 02:36 AM
Forum ADDvocate

C8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to beholdC8H10N4O2 is a splendid one to behold

OMG... I am watching a documentary, and there was a cut scene with actual footage of crash test dummies trials. Anyone remember all that?! I think I actually had a "figurine" where you pressed a button and all the arms/legs/head fell off. Lol...so euphemistically morbid.
Old 08-10-11, 02:51 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Allright... rapid fire random facts coming up just because I'm in that kind of mood. All will be one liners-ish.

I don't know why, but in the last year I've really developed an incredible fondness for mid 80's to very early 90's movies.

My new apartment is costing me quite a bit more than I anticipated.

I've spent too much money on random crap.

I freaking love freshly made juice from my new juicer.

I'm way behind in research, but I'm starting to finally feel recovered from "tanking" to make the grade.

I'm still not settled into my new place since I still have unsorted random crap all over the floors.

I am excited to finally have my own place so I can cook what I want and when I want.

I really want to take a weekend break to see my parents and my dog.

I'm also hoping anon is feeling better.

I want to start a blog or two to kind of track my thoughts as I'm working on making significant lifestyle and life changes.

I actually kind of enjoy cleaning these days since I know that I'm going to be the only one messing it back up, so the effort is equally shared finally.

I love the color green... darker green though, not lime or grass color, but not quite "forest" either.

I think that is enough random facts for the night.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to C8H10N4O2 For This Useful Post:
buddy (08-10-11), metzfanaz (08-10-11)
Sponsored Links
Old 08-10-11, 03:12 AM
ADDvanced Member

butterflyinrain has a spectacular aura aboutbutterflyinrain has a spectacular aura about

-I can't watch horror movies. not coward but the ugly, bloody faces will stay on my mind forever.

-there are times that i want to shut down and avoid people. I deactivated my facebook more than hundred times.

-I suck in relationship.

-I i find my thinking to be odd and different than anybody else. when having a conversation im trash with this reason and ideas and anything that may be the cause or might relate to the topic and when i open my mouth to respond to the topic i usually say things that are already far related to it.

-i dont sleep at night. i can only sleep during day time.

-i easily get irritated but i can't seems to be angry enough.

-it is so hard to relax my mind i think of shooting my head sometimes so i could finally rest!
Old 08-10-11, 03:14 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

pedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to allpedalpounder is a name known to all

I hate horror movies.

I love Zombie movies. Love Love Love Zombie movies.
Dawn of the Dead (2004) is the best Zombie movie ever.

Fast Zombies > Slow Zombies.
Old 08-10-11, 03:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 5,036 Times in 3,006 Posts
metzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterflyinrain View Post

-I i find my thinking to be odd and different than anybody else. when having a conversation im trash with this reason and ideas and anything that may be the cause or might relate to the topic and when i open my mouth to respond to the topic i usually say things that are already far related to it.

-it is so hard to relax my mind i think of shooting my head sometimes so i could finally rest!
Welcome to our world.

I don't think of shooting, I think of running away and finding a cabin in the middle of nowhere. No distractions, nothing to worry about but what berries are poisonous and which ones aren't.
I'm right below the horizon"

- Boss Of Me ~ TMBG
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to metzfanaz For This Useful Post:
anonymouslyadd (08-10-11), buddy (08-10-11)
Old 08-10-11, 03:26 AM

Thanked 5,036 Times in 3,006 Posts
metzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant futuremetzfanaz has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedalpounder View Post
Fast Zombies > Slow Zombies.
Either way, Rule # 1....CARDIO.

RF: I worked 12 hours today to do what seemed like 6 hours worth of work.
I'm right below the horizon"

- Boss Of Me ~ TMBG
The Following User Says Thank You to metzfanaz For This Useful Post:
C8H10N4O2 (08-10-11)
Old 08-10-11, 03:54 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Permanent rest << Restlessness
Old 08-10-11, 03:54 AM
Forum ADDvocate

Quote:
Originally Posted by metzfanaz View Post
Either way, Rule # 1....CARDIO.

RF: I worked 12 hours today to do what seemed like 6 hours worth of work.
I hate days like that.
Old 08-10-11, 08:18 AM

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,679 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

you people are pansies with horror movies. the only ones that have ever bothered me are final destnation series, bugs, and movies where they make the gore so ungodly excessive that it's unnatural

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-10-11, 09:12 AM
Contributor

Caffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conman View Post
you people are pansies with horror movies. the only ones that have ever bothered me are final destnation series, bugs, and movies where they make the gore so ungodly excessive that it's unnatural
I'm with you there, I watched the first Saw and have had no interest to see it again, or any of the others. People who watch snuff films are either doing it for attention, or have had a fairly stress-free life, in my opinion...

Edit: Also, movies are trying too hard to be "real life" these days... what's up with that??

"Inside each of us there are two wolves:
One is Evil - It is Anger, Envy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Arrogance, Self Pity, Guilt, Resentment, Inferiority, Lies, False Pride, Superiority.
One is Good - It is Joy, Peace, Love, Hope, Serenity, Humility, Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy, Generosity, Truth, Compassion
Which Wolf wins? The one you feed the most."
Old 08-10-11, 09:51 AM

Thanked 3,051 Times in 1,385 Posts
shysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caffeinator View Post
Also, movies are trying too hard to be "real life" these days... what's up with that??
When I was a kid, I used to think that movies weren't realistic enough, and thought that they needed more "mess-ups" to make the films feel more real and to feel like I was there. Nobody ever messed up when they were talking, tripped over their words, fell, called someone who wasn't listening and wasn't there, IF any of those things did happen it was usually for a reason significant to the plot, or well-planned awkwardness that fit into the flow of their style of comedy. Nothing minorly awkward ever happened for "no reason" like it does in real life. I used to think when I grow up I'm going to make a very realistic movie, with lots of regular everyday life off-beat mistakes to humanize the film.

(I don't mean bloopers where the actors go out of character for a sec, I mean to make it seem as if the characters are so real they can mess up and stay in character despite it.)

Now that I'm older I realize those kinds of things would mostly distract, haha.
The Following User Says Thank You to shysmile For This Useful Post:
buddy (08-10-11)
Old 08-10-11, 09:52 AM

Thanked 4,004 Times in 2,679 Posts
Conman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond reputeConman has a reputation beyond repute

saw isnt that bad. when i say ungdly over the top gore im talking about movies by companies like toetag pictures or plotidggerfilms (movies like murder set pieces, august underground's mordum, gutterballs among other things)

-Hunter S. Thompson
Old 08-10-11, 10:02 AM
Contributor

Caffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really niceCaffeinator is just really nice

Haven't even heard of them, but I think I know what you're getting at. Just the ones that focus completely on the gore and what not, like it's so fascinating they have to make more and more.

"Inside each of us there are two wolves:
One is Evil - It is Anger, Envy, Sorrow, Regret, Greed, Arrogance, Self Pity, Guilt, Resentment, Inferiority, Lies, False Pride, Superiority.
One is Good - It is Joy, Peace, Love, Hope, Serenity, Humility, Kindness, Benevolence, Empathy, Generosity, Truth, Compassion
Which Wolf wins? The one you feed the most."
Old 08-10-11, 10:13 AM

Thanked 3,051 Times in 1,385 Posts
shysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond reputeshysmile has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Same here....my mind works differently when it comes to talking, in a way that affects my life a lot. It's come to the point I'm too distracted thinking of acceptable things to say that make sense to pay enough attention to the person talking, so to mesh the two tasks together in synchrony seems as hard as doing a 5000 piece jigsaw puzzle while merging onto the freeway without crashing while 5 people are watching...lol

Casual chit-chat conversations with new people that require slightly varying generic answers are a drain on my inner vital life juice. I wish we could all talk about weird things (nothing bad) instead. As, you know, like an awkwardness equalizer. I think I would do MUCH better in such a conversation, because the topic is unexpected.
Closed Thread