ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > PARENTS OF CHILDREN WITH ADD/ADHD > Primary & Secondary Education
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Primary & Secondary Education This forum is for parents to discuss issues related to their children's education and AD/HD.

Old 06-03-10, 10:44 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,007 Times in 488 Posts
JenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud of
Got eval report today. Questions?

I got the report from DS's psycho-educational eval today. Am I supposed to share this entire report with the school? This report has lots of medical history and personal info based on interviews with me that I didn't expect to be in the report and that I feel is not appropriate (if even legal) to share with the school. I plan to call the dr office to inquire but just wondered if this is typical.

12yo DS with ADHD/anxiety.
Diagnosed 6/09
Old 06-03-10, 10:47 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,910 Times in 7,988 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Got eval report today. Questions?

Remove the portions not relevant and then hand it in. You're right that you don't need to give the school that much information.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
JenE (06-04-10), LynneC (06-04-10), MuscleMama (06-04-10)
Old 06-04-10, 12:14 PM
Contributor

Lv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to allLv2sleep is a name known to all

I certainly wouldn't hand over the entire report. It is personal, confidential information that the school has no business reading. Besides, they have been difficult to work with, from what I remember. I would only give them the information that is needed to enhance his education. You had to pay for the evaluation anyway. Good luck Jen!
The Following User Says Thank You to Lv2sleep For This Useful Post:
JenE (06-04-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-04-10, 01:37 PM
Forum Guru

Thanked 1,007 Times in 488 Posts
JenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud ofJenE has much to be proud of

Thanks everyone. To be honest, I'm even sure it is worth the effort. The recommendations in my opinion were kinda "light". I don't have it in front of me but it was things like: have him sit near the teacher, call his name and make eye contact when giving directions, have him repeat directions, let him take short breaks like taking notes to the office. I can post them all later when I'm home. His teacher already does a lot of this. But I guess that doesn't mean another teacher would without it being spelled out. I don't know what I was expecting but I guess I was just expecting too much.

12yo DS with ADHD/anxiety.
Diagnosed 6/09