ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 06-04-10, 01:34 PM

CuriousMe is on a distinguished road
Just started Adderall XR today - WOW expensive!

I was recently diagnosed with ADHD (about 1 month ago). I was taking Welbutrin but the dr and I agreed it did not seem to be working and perhaps was having some adverse effects.. I was always sleepy, worse procrastination (if that's possible), and felt overall depressed!!
So today he started me on 20 mg adderall XR, I took the script to Walmart and filled it - it was $154! I do not have insurance so I paid the retail price.. I went ahead and paid it for this month, but I am a not working (I am a FT nursing student) and don't think I can afford $154 a month. The pharm suggested next time ask the dr to prescribe IR but 2x a day.. are they the same and just interchanged? any experience with that from anyone... I am hoping this does something to help. I am totally off of anti-depressants for the first time in 4 years... he said ADHD and depression go hand in hand it is a package deal - but once the ADHA is controlled the depression will usually come under control. I sure hope so - it would be nice not to take anything else..
Thanks for any input I really appreciate it - I really want this to work so any suggestion - please let me know. I have read so much stuff that contradicts.. I am also learning about ADHD.. this is new to me as far as personal experience too..
Old 06-04-10, 02:32 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Naussicaa has a spectacular aura aboutNaussicaa has a spectacular aura about
Re: Just started Adderall XR today - WOW expensive!

Go to a small pharmacy to get it for cheaper. Maybe if you spoke to your doctor he could understand and give you a few month's dosages for a month. Or you could buy insurance, at 154 a month and the doctor's visit, its probably cheaper that way. Surprised a full time nursing student would not buy insurance.
Old 06-07-10, 12:25 AM
Jr Member

dogman24 is on a distinguished road

The cheapest price is at walgreens, when you use the free rx card from http://www.yourrxcard.com/

It lowers the price to $80.60 for 30 pills, any mg amount.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-07-10, 05:10 AM
Contributor

barnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nice

Costco anyone???
Old 06-07-10, 11:20 AM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

JR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the roughJR1973 is a jewel in the rough

Generic XR is still very expensive and probably will be for some time. With no insurance and if price is a worry (probably counts for nearly everyone these days) then I'd look into going with regular generic IR tablets. Dirt cheap and just as effective. Dexedrine spansules are another option for affordable coverage too.
Old 06-07-10, 05:44 PM
Contributor

barnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nicebarnops is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogman24 View Post
The cheapest price is at walgreens, when you use the free rx card from http://www.yourrxcard.com/

It lowers the price to $80.60 for 30 pills, any mg amount.
Isn't that ****ty how no matter what mg dose you get, its always the same amount?

Insurance covers some of mine, but when I was trying to lock down the correct dose I was getting a 30mg and 5mg script. Both cost exactly the same amount...felt like such a waste to me.