ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 386 72.42%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 147 27.58%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-06-04, 06:15 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Tara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to allTara is a name known to all
There is information at the top of the private forums about how to join each private forum.
Old 07-06-04, 07:58 PM

Garry has disabled reputation
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BIG
Dissident, we share your concerns and are currently addressing those issues as we speak, to avoid this from happening again.
Well I didn't feel we were getting our moneys worth when the Forums go down and we are stranded in Never Never Land with no way to get Home.

OHHHHHHHH But wait a minute !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

They dont cost us anything to be a member do they !!!!!!!!!!!

THEN I GUESS I STAND CORRECTED ..........

For what it costs us , we couldn't have .........

A Much Nicer

"Home Away From Home"

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 07-06-04, 08:16 PM

Draga has disabled reputation
Fourms ROCK! Ty Ty Ty

Please do not think me cold, for I do want loving arms to hold, but I am so sick of being used and abused...If I die alone tomorrow I die unbruised.
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-04, 08:44 PM
Forum ADDvocate

Keppig has disabled reputation
I honestly feel like I'm with "my people" Do you realize how wonderful it is to see others thinking the way you do?? Its a relief. And there are problems that only a fellow ADDer can help you with. You guys did great.
But hey! No one told me there was an AD&D game, I so love gaming!
The Following User Says Thank You to Keppig For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-20-11)
Old 07-06-04, 10:00 PM

Garry has disabled reputation
whats the AD&D game

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 07-06-04, 10:14 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,041 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Thank you for all your very nice comments. I sincerely hope that if you have constructive criticism, that you let us know. Also, lets please keep on topic here. (I think Keppig mistook D&D for AD&D).

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 07-06-04, 10:29 PM
Contributor

NightStar is on a distinguished road
Oh I love D&D / and AD&D

Dungeons and Dragons, then there is Advanced Dungeons and Dragons role playing game pretty cool.

Sorry -

I voted already, I am happy with the site, though it may take me forever to explore ever nook and cranny here - but I am fine with that. :-)
Old 07-06-04, 10:48 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,041 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
Great [ This hopefully concludes the AD&D/D&D discussion, if you wish to start another thread in Chit Chat, you are welcome to do so! ]

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Old 07-06-04, 11:20 PM

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
This has been a life-safer for me! Thanks to the creators!

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mary For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-20-11)
Old 07-06-04, 11:45 PM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
I love the forums and everyone in it. But, I am getting irritated with never being able to log on; but, I'm sure your all working on it as it probably happens to you as well...so misery in numbers...well, at least I'm not alone.

Lately, I have noticed a trend in the forums. When I first started there were a lot of disagreaments and petty bickering. Now, though I have noticed nothing but support, encouragement, hope and love shown. That makes me proud for all of you who stuck it out thru a few bad eggs and have refused to rise to their bating. Your all doing a great job and if I had the time I would commend each and everyone of our members personally.

Big hugs,
Cherity
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

The Following User Says Thank You to Nucking_Futs For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-20-11)
Old 07-07-04, 01:23 AM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
The only thing I'd suggest for future consideration is to find an nntp compatible program. I realize that's not a simple change, just a pipe dream for some day. Honestly though, this place is great!

Um, and it'd be nice if poll voting (without a new message) didn't put posts into the "new posts" search results. But hey I relaize these are total geek comments so no sweat, just for the 5-year plan or whatever.

The upgrade was awesome... good work! I know how painful that kind of thing can be.
Old 07-07-04, 01:52 AM
Contributor

Brianne will become famous soon enough
Just wish there was a spell check sometimes. Its weird it doesn't bother me at all when others make typos but I hate it whn I do LOL! Plus having spell check helps me to make mistakes less offten. Its like learning to spell at the sametime LOL!

Other than that I love this place! And if that never happened I'd still love it just the same. Just wish I had more time to visit than I have.

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt within the heart!

Forgetfulness is a sign of genius!

-Bri
Old 07-07-04, 07:42 AM
Banned

waywardclam is on a distinguished road
Actually regarding the spellchecking, I'm on several other forums and this one is unique (among those, I mean) in not allowing members to go back and edit and/or delete their older posts. Is this a policy decision from the powers that be, or is this open for discussion?

It just seems to me like not allowing ADHD people to go back and fix mistakes they have made, or modify impulses they might later regret, is a potential recipe for unhappiness...
Old 07-07-04, 11:16 AM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dissident
The only thing that I don't like is that it seems to be down sometimes.
Believe me, that has been the bain of my existance this past week. I've now hired a server management company to make sure that doesn't happen any more.
The Following User Says Thank You to David For This Useful Post:
Unmanagable (09-20-11)
Old 07-07-04, 11:22 AM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulbf
The only thing I'd suggest for future consideration is to find an nntp compatible program. I realize that's not a simple change, just a pipe dream for some day. Honestly though, this place is great!

Um, and it'd be nice if poll voting (without a new message) didn't put posts into the "new posts" search results. But hey I relaize these are total geek comments so no sweat, just for the 5-year plan or whatever.

The upgrade was awesome... good work! I know how painful that kind of thing can be.
Sorry Paul but there is really no option for NNTP (Newsgroups, correct?). The overall trend for some time has been moving to stand alone communities from newsgroups for a number of reasons such as the ability to moderate posts & keep out the spammers, dedicated features and multiple forums, etc.. etc.. All of that is either very hard or impossible to do with a newsgroup. With regards to e-mailing groups like yahoo and msn... They are still used a lot more for spamming, they are slow and blown up with advertisements, etc.

I think having an email system built in for some would be nice but none of the online discussion forum sites are doing it that I am aware of, and I have yet to see a hack for it...