ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 388 72.12%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 150 27.88%
Voters: 538. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-21-17, 07:29 PM
The Von Kaiser of Moderators

Johnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of light
Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

I enjoy that this is a place that is willing to tolerate virtually anyone as long as they are tolerant of others in return.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Slick For This Useful Post:
Little Missy (03-21-17), mildadhd (03-22-17)
Old 03-21-17, 07:32 PM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

Are you referring to me?
If so, you just validated why I don't belong here. Thanx!
Old 03-21-17, 10:31 PM
Jr Member

LowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the rough

I found there to be a ton of information. Most of the searches I did on google ended up here. Well not right her but in these forums.

I do really like how old threads get revived. In many forums and boards if you ask a question, there are always a few who point out it was already covered in another thread, then once you finally find the thread and try to get a bit more info, one of the same group grips as the thread was from 1997.

I like the thanked thing where you can say thanks without making another post..

To the person who doesn't belong.. Do you realize an overwhelming majority of your 156 posts someone thanked you for your input? Someone did appreciate your being here in the past.

I am not always nice, I just try not to be more of a jerk online then I am in person.

Oh, I really like your smiley's but the dang group hug one was missing.. why have it on the list and not be there?. is that some cruel test to see if we notice? and now I am going to have to search to find one.
ok, they are way to cutsy, I can see why there isn't one there. sorry.

Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Lunacie (03-21-17), Luvmybully (03-25-17), mildadhd (03-22-17), namazu (03-21-17), someothertime (07-08-17)
Sponsored Links
Old 03-21-17, 11:20 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 25,044 Times in 11,632 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowBudget View Post
I found there to be a ton of information. Most of the searches I did on google ended up here. Well not right her but in these forums.

I do really like how old threads get revived. In many forums and boards if you ask a question, there are always a few who point out it was already covered in another thread, then once you finally find the thread and try to get a bit more info, one of the same group grips as the thread was from 1997.

I like the thanked thing where you can say thanks without making another post..

To the person who doesn't belong.. Do you realize an overwhelming majority of your 156 posts someone thanked you for your input? Someone did appreciate your being here in the past.

I am not always nice, I just try not to be more of a jerk online then I am in person.

Oh, I really like your smiley's but the dang group hug one was missing.. why have it on the list and not be there?. is that some cruel test to see if we notice? and now I am going to have to search to find one.
ok, they are way to cutsy, I can see why there isn't one there. sorry.

We have a group hug smiley , don't know why there isn't a one-on-one hug.

I love that you noticed that Wuv has had so many of her posts thanked.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Johnny Slick (03-22-17), Luvmybully (03-25-17), mildadhd (03-22-17), namazu (03-21-17)
Old 03-22-17, 08:55 AM
Jr Member

LowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the roughLowBudget is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
We have a group hug smiley , don't know why there isn't a one-on-one hug.
I checked the show all smileys and it was not there.. the place is there, just no smileys in the additional smileys section.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lunacie View Post
I love that you noticed that Wuv has had so many of her posts thanked.
I really like that feature. I know for some people there is nothing worse then no comments on their post,.. but if they said it all and pretty much covered everything, then there is not a reason for a comment. The Thanks thingy seems like a nice way to agree without actually replying.

One of my issues is I write like I talk... waaayyy toooo long. For me a simple, "I agree, thanks" becomes,.... well this post.

LowBudget
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Luvmybully (03-25-17), mildadhd (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 11:15 AM
Suspended Account

Wuvmy3kitties will become famous soon enough

I don't belong here. All I do is upset people and make more work for the Admins.
I don't deserve any thanks for anything except select things I will not mention.
Old 03-22-17, 11:26 AM

Thanked 25,044 Times in 11,632 Posts
Lunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond reputeLunacie has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wuvmy3kitties View Post
I don't belong here. All I do is upset people and make more work for the Admins.
I don't deserve any thanks for anything except select things I will not mention.

So someone else had a bad day and blamed it on you ...
doesn't mean ALL you ever do is upset other posters.

I make more work for the admins as well ... I dread seeing a PM from one
particular admin because I know I've somehow broken some rule or other ...
again. *sigh*

I had a long discussion with that admin (bless her heart) about whether
I'd ever be able to manage my reactions to some things (and some posters)
or if I should just say 'sayonara' and shut down the internet.

I had to take a step back from the way that made me feel in the moment
and realize that I've had way more positive interactions than unhappy ones.

I think the same is likely true for you.

As far as I know, there is nothing positive about ADHD that people can't have w out ADHD. ~ ADD me
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Lunacie For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Luvmybully (03-25-17), midnightstar (03-22-17), mildadhd (03-22-17), namazu (03-22-17), someothertime (07-08-17)
Old 03-22-17, 11:34 AM
Purriendly feline moderator

Thanked 21,477 Times in 12,661 Posts
midnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond reputemidnightstar has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You do deserve thanks and you are welcome on this forum
Ebony (1st January 2014 - 2nd March 2018)
Tigger (31st October 2014 - current)
"No human should ever hurt an animal" Jessie, Animal Farm

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to midnightstar For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Lunacie (03-22-17), mildadhd (03-24-17), stef (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 01:23 PM

Thanked 1,087 Times in 822 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Wuvmy3kitties

In my opinion, all the people who belong here are very sensitive.

Because we are very sensitive, we can be very reactive, and in turn sometimes react very insensitively.

I personally am very sensitive, and sometimes in turn I can react very insensitively.

I have been trying to be more aware of my own and other members hypersensitive temperaments and am trying to learn that I am not always going to agree with others, and not not take it so personally.

Many ADHD topics are very emotional, and very emotional topics are hard to verbally describe accurately, making things even more frustrating.

Yesterday I overreacted and I am sorry about that.

(Side note: I am not proud of it but I bet I have made a lot more work for the moderators and administrators than you)

moderateadhd

Last edited by mildadhd; 03-22-17 at 01:36 PM..
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to mildadhd For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Greyhound1 (03-24-17), Little Missy (03-22-17), Lunacie (03-22-17), Luvmybully (03-25-17), namazu (03-22-17), someothertime (07-08-17), stef (03-22-17)
Old 03-22-17, 02:04 PM

Thanked 1,087 Times in 822 Posts
mildadhd has disabled reputation

Quote:
Wuvmy3kitties

You have been "thanked" 190 times, in a total of 157 posts made.

Your "thanked" average is 1.2 per post.

I have been "thanked" 540 times, in a total of 10327 posts made.

My "thanked" average is 0.05 per post.

The odds are it was me that was not being very supportive yesterday.

m
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Greyhound1 (03-24-17), Little Missy (03-22-17), someothertime (07-08-17)
Old 03-22-17, 02:38 PM
The Von Kaiser of Moderators

Johnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of lightJohnny Slick is a glorious beacon of light

mildadhd,

After the above post I went back and looked at what caused it and frankly I don't think you were, like, out of line at all unless you were PMing her swear words or something. TBH this looks 100% like not a problem you caused.

Last edited by namazu; 03-22-17 at 03:34 PM.. Reason: removed insulting language
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Johnny Slick For This Useful Post:
Fuzzy12 (03-22-17), Little Missy (03-22-17), mildadhd (03-24-17)
Old 03-22-17, 08:22 PM

Thanked 29,086 Times in 13,437 Posts
Fuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond reputeFuzzy12 has a reputation beyond repute

Wuvs, I'm a bit at a loss what exactly makes you feel so bitter and hostile.

You are complaining about people being touchy feely complainers but you've made several posts in this thread (and the other one that seems to have started this) complaining about how you've been hurt and how horrible so many of us are.

Mildadhd has apologised like half a dozen times. You don't have to acknowledge his apology, you don't have to forgive him and you don't even have to graciously accept his apologies. But you do have to see the irony here of you complaining that people are treating you badly when you are making pretty nasty guilt tripping posts yourself
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Fuzzy12 For This Useful Post:
Johnny Slick (03-23-17), Little Missy (03-22-17), mildadhd (03-24-17)
Old 03-22-17, 08:46 PM
Contrapunctual Moderator

Thanked 19,505 Times in 9,747 Posts
namazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond reputenamazu has a reputation beyond repute

MODERATOR NOTE: If you have a problem with another member (or group of members), please deal with it privately and civilly. This thread (like every other thread) is not the place to complain about other members.

Please keep in mind these etiquette guidelines:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andi
*Please remember that ADD Forums is a place for support. All members should feel comfortable at ADD Forums!

*Please be respectful to one another. People come from all different backgrounds and many have different ideas and views on different issues.

*Treat your fellow members with courtesy (especially if you disagree with them).

[...]
Avoid direct insults to any member of the forums. Everyone should be treated with the same degree of respect. The goal should be to give constructive criticism with source documentation given where possible to back up your opinions while using common sense, respect, and courtesy. Treat others as you would like to be treated.
Also, for reference:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
"I am leaving ADD Forums" threads:
* It is the policy of ADD Forums to disallow threads that are purely to announce that you are 'leaving the site' for any reason. [...] If you wish to have your membership reinstated then you may contact an Administrator or Moderator to request this. If you find it necessary to 'leave' ADD Forums for any reason - or just take a break from the site - then you are welcome to notify your ADD Forums friends via personal Private Message.
(If you need a break from ADDF for your own well-being, and don't trust yourself to stay away: please contact our site Admins, Andi and Andrew, via private message to have your account suspended temporarily or permanently.)

If you feel that a post violates these or other site guidelines, please use the report button () at the top of the post to led the moderators know.

Thank you.

Last edited by namazu; 03-22-17 at 09:24 PM..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to namazu For This Useful Post:
David (03-27-17), someothertime (07-08-17)
Old 03-24-17, 09:19 PM
Contributor

OhLookABunny has a spectacular aura aboutOhLookABunny has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

I wasn't in on this thread when whatever unhappy interchange took place, but I'm sad to think of you leaving, and if you are reading this, I hope you'll feel like you can give the forums a second chance at some point. I was glad to meet and befriend you and had been looking forward to getting to know you better. I liked your contributions on the Christian thread. It may be too early for you to consider returning but again I hope you will. In the meantime, take care and God bless. Bunny
Fuzzy12 (04-04-17), Letching Gray (04-13-17)
Old 04-03-17, 09:45 PM

dormammau2008 has disabled reputation
Wink Re: What's your honest opinion of the ADD Forums?

the add forms remain impornt that's why I keep comeing back we need a form like this its our voice or home from home ,,,,yes a lot have gone and that's a massavise shame but I hope in time that they may come back,,,,i come in 2006 its 2017....and iam here as and when my net allows and time as well but your allwallcome in my book dorm a shot out to yhe admins great job to you all
Letching Gray (04-13-17), Lunacie (04-03-17)