ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 386 72.42%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 147 27.58%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Old 08-10-04, 12:25 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Ian has disabled reputation
I"ll toss this by my eleven year old and see if I can create some interest. She's just like her Papa.. go figure!
ian
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?

Old 08-11-04, 01:26 PM

Nucking_Futs has a spectacular aura aboutNucking_Futs has a spectacular aura about
Well that's good news then...we know we'll all like her!!!
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out and loudly proclaiming, "WOW! What a ride!!"

Old 08-11-04, 11:21 PM
Jr Member

LoveMyGirls is on a distinguished road
I'm new here and am SO glad I found the Add Forums!! This is by far the most active and extensive forums for ADHD I've visited. Also, I love the fact that it's very supportive with tons of information. I can't think of anything to add or change.

Maureen
Sponsored Links
Old 09-01-04, 01:11 PM

Kimalimah has a spectacular aura aboutKimalimah has a spectacular aura about
Thumbs up Applause, applause

At first I was a bit overwhelmed because I had absolutely no expierence with a forum, but I have to compliment you on the ease-of-use, super organization, and the pleasing environment you have created here. I am already a dedicated member.

I am already recommending the site to those I know as super place to learn, get support, and just have fun.

Thought you also might like to hear that I asked my psychiatrist here in Germany if she had ever heard of you and she has. She agreed that there was a lot of valuable information here. She couldn't name a specific German site, but knew yours!

Keep up the good work.

Kim
Old 09-01-04, 01:25 PM

Thanked 10,056 Times in 3,166 Posts
mctavish23 has disabled reputation
Having been to (and left) other ADD forums, I can honestly say that this is the very best site of its kind on the net.Ya'll do a great job!
Old 09-01-04, 04:05 PM
ADDvanced Member

dixiepeep has disabled reputation
I can not imagine being diagnosed without coming here and realizing that we are so much alike and we understand each other.
Old 09-01-04, 06:49 PM

Garry has disabled reputation
Talking A Canadian Story to Tell

As I was driving my Garbage Truck 3 weeks ago in the town of Parkhill, Ontario, I pulled up in front of the Employment Centre in Parkhill. I noticed on the window that it was also a Counselling Centre among other things.

So I went in and asked the girl at the reception desk, (thinking she was the receptionist) what kind of counselling they do and if she was familiar with ADD.

She told me she new of ADD but that was about it.

I asked her if she would invest about an hour of her time to read some introduction stories on the ADDForums . I said if you read 20 introductions at random and it doesnt tear your heart out then I will not bother you anymore.

She agreed.

She also gave me her Business Card and I shoved it in my pocet with out ever reading it as I "thought she was the receptionist"
I gave her the address and away I went.

I came back 1 week later as it is a weekly run I do in Parkhill and once again went in. She said she hadent had time . I said Ok and away I went

The next week when I pulled up she came out of the office before I even got out of the truck and told me she had lost the address and could she have it again.

I said ok and this time I pulled up the site on one of the computers ther and she also wrote it down in her Roldex File.

Away I went away again.

This week , today , I went back in and her words were:

I just love the website and the stories have torn my heart out.

I said Thank You , and now if I could just get you to show it to one of the Counsellers there I would be really happy.

At that point she informed me that it was allready on her "Agenda, for a meeting with the Board of Directors" , for next week.

I then told her I was working along with with the "London Lerning Disabillities Association" with the manager "Paul Thomas" and that she allready new him.

I also told her I would email her my resume and letters of reference so she would have a little more knolwage about me when she talks to the board, so she wouldn't have to address me as the garbage man. Grin

When I got home I finnally took the time to look at the business card she had given me to find out that the girl I have been talking to for 3 to 4 weeks is not the receptionist but turned out to be the Executive Director of the entire operation there.

Just goes to show me never judge a book by the cover or by the desk a person is sitting at.

We will see what happens in the next week or so.

I am pretty excited that I finnally found a Linear Thinker who was willing to take the time to open there mind to something that is foreign to them.

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

The Following User Says Thank You to Garry For This Useful Post:
irishdel (01-29-09)
Old 09-01-04, 06:51 PM

RmCL is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

I was on one ADD forum and the whole forum was one add nightmare. Too many choices. This is great...just enough!
Old 09-01-04, 08:42 PM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
Me too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mctavish23
Having been to (and left) other ADD forums, I can honestly say that this is the very best site of its kind on the net.Ya'll do a great job!
I'm an old time usenet addict and had a tough time with the web format for a long time but really it's pretty nice and usable. I just recently discovered the threaded view and am happy about that.

Being such a heavy user though I can offer comments for improvements:

1. Polls show up in the new posts search even if there is no reply, just more votes. And they don't get marked as read either. This makes for lots of useless visits to poll threads.

2. It would be nice to be able to mark threads/posts somehow.

3. the search feature does not give a good zone-in on where the search topics are used in the thread. In a long thread, it's necessary to then search that thread again. Those final results are better but the same result can be got from google like this:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&l...om&btnG=Search
Old 09-02-04, 11:31 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Spirit has disabled reputation
I love this forum for several reasons.
The only thing I have problems with is that I have a hard time keeping up with all the new posts. Nothing ya'll can fix, but something that is very time consuming in my already overly busy life.

For those who want spell check..there is an Internet Explorer plugin that is a free download to non commercial users. I'm not sure if I can post the addy though until I speak with an admin or another mod. I'm still wading through all the new changes since I've come back from my LOA.
Old 09-02-04, 06:50 PM

If you want the speller addy its on my website which you can get to by the link on my post

Its a button called "Internet Explorer Speller" (Grin Go figure eh)

I am ------------ ADD

Old 09-02-04, 06:59 PM
Jumping.. In slow motion

David is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to beholdDavid is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for the info & link on the speller. I know there will be LOTS of people such as myself that will appreciate it.
I was just looking around and don't see a link to ADDForums.com . Does that mean we don't rate well enough?
Old 09-02-04, 07:27 PM

Grin

Being the only only way you can get to my site is through the Forums as I dont give the site address out to anyone (probally cause I cant remeber the address) I never even thought about putting a link to the forums.

But I will as soon as I re-read the coding and remeber how I made the buttons and got them placed nice and pretty to begin with.

I have 3 working computers in my house

My daughter uses one and the other 2 computers never go to any other websites except the ADDForums as I find the WEB very boring and commercial.

I am ------------ ADD

Old 09-22-04, 02:11 PM

pharmacy boy is on a distinguished road
That would be cool
Quote:
Originally Posted by robmhill
i like it but
no one uses the adult area???
it seems it was put up last year and is still empty?
and what about a section for nerd projects
real ones not making a new d&d game
but chemistry, electronics, behavioral experiments on coworkers
that sort of stuff
Old 09-22-04, 02:25 PM

Ian has disabled reputation
pharmacy boy does this mean I should talk endlessly into the wee hours of the morning about the low temperature differential engine I built that runs on the heat of a hand? ehh and no.. I'm not kidding..

Thanks for bringing it up. I didn't even know there were such places.

ian
>>>Q: Why is top posting frowned upon?