ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Site Suggestions & Feedback
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What do you think of the ADD Forums?
Its amazing! Where have you been all my life?! 386 72.42%
Its great, but...(please post your wish list below) 147 27.58%
Voters: 533. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-26-04, 06:40 PM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Garry has disabled reputation
Quote:
Originally Posted by itschaotic
I also want a glossary for all the short terms like OCD. There are a lot of them and I'm not familiar with them all.
ian
Watch it Ian

I lost a job because I went to my BOSS one time and asked him where the proper procedure was, to describe what all the fancy ACRONYMS he liked to throw at all of us (his deparment employees) was.

He would go to all the meetings then come back full of all these terms like "PPAP" (Production Parts Approval Process) and expect us to know what he was talking about.

You don't think it might have had anything to do with the very Non Political way in which I asked the question do you ??????????

I am ------------ ADD
Addaptable, Directed, Determined

Old 09-26-04, 07:20 PM

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Great Idea!

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingwithadd
How would a debate forum help to support people with AD/HD and co-existing conditions?
Tara,

I think this is a good idea. Although I am just one voice.

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Old 09-26-04, 07:31 PM
Ghost in the Machine

Thanked 2,041 Times in 577 Posts
Andrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond reputeAndrew has a reputation beyond repute
This is really a thread for the Forum Members to voice their comments and opinions. Should the moderators have something to suggest, I would strongly recommend you communicate with the Administration directly.

Thanks!

Follow ADDForums on Twitter & Facebook

To review the ADD Forums Guidelines, please click here.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-26-04, 09:12 PM

Thanked 1,276 Times in 975 Posts
Mary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to beholdMary is a splendid one to behold
Sorry, I thought it was ok for us as moderator/members as well to be able to use this section!

Remember, we here at ADDForums can only do so much. It's up to us as individuals to make the right choices, to seek professional help outside the forums.
Old 12-02-04, 08:23 PM

pembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nicepembroke is just really nice
I was so happy when I found this forum; seeing as how ADDers tend to keep to themselves and don't have a lot of friends, this forum made me realize I am not alone, I really am not crazy, and no, it isn't just "the way" I do things. I am grateful the support and understanding I have found here, and I don't mind if Administrators yank some threads or ban flame warriors. I, myself, am uncomfortable with conflict. So, keep up the good work.
Baruch Spinoza

Old 12-03-04, 07:03 AM
ADDvanced Contributor

Dreameralive_sky has disabled reputation
I like this forum alot too! I found some people really nice and offers me advices and supports when I needed them so badly. I really appreciate them! Thanks kim!

After I knew about this forum, I learnt alot of things associated to ADD. It is not my excuse, but instead I learnt how to cope with the way I react to difficult times. This is a very good support forum! Keep it up

" If you complain less and appreciate better, you will find in every each hour at least one heavenly blessings. "

" When you refused to open the door to the man who have come delivered a task to you, tomorrow he shall return and brings 7 more new tasks/works for you. The more I prepare in today, the better I have for tml."
Old 12-03-04, 02:28 PM
ADDvanced Member

T1Thoughts is on a distinguished road
We add'ers are very social and at home with eachother on these forums.
I consider you all.....FAMILY
Old 12-03-04, 02:44 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

Deeperblue is on a distinguished road
.....but sometimes things get said and I personalize. ouch. However, the varied ideas, opinions and personal experiences provide a great learning experience for me. I am learning to expand my view, to formulate my points/concerns and express them (as rationally and calmly as I can.....not always easy ) Yes! Thank you for providing a place for me to practice my ideas. And I hope that I do not offend anyone.

in time of daffodils (who know the goal of living is to grow) forgetting why, remember how.
e. e. cummings
Old 12-06-04, 02:33 PM
Contributor

janesays is on a distinguished road
It's great but, it's ADDicting.
Old 12-06-04, 09:39 PM
ADDvanced Forum Guru

casper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nicecasper is just really nice
This is the best website i have found for ADD related issues. Not just for info about it, but also for communicating with others just like me. I don't feel so isolated with this fourm, everyone here is just like me. That is such a great feeling. Its so wonderful to be able to talk to someone/everyone about some of the things i am going through that are add realated. It's like a family here, but a family that understands me!

THANKS ALL
If your important people will wait for u!
Old 12-11-04, 04:20 AM
Contributor

emwell is on a distinguished road
I have been here about a month and a half. I keep coming back every day. I have met some very friendly folk already. I find myself loving almost every thread.

There is so much helpful information here that I need to keep coming back. There is also a great balance here. Humor, knowledge, experience, suggestions, etc. There is a place for me to learn, a place for me to laugh, and places for me to share. I could not ask for a better site.

Thank you for being here. And a special thanks to BIG for fixing my initial login problem

Deb
Old 12-12-04, 11:48 AM
ADDvanced Member

Stuck is on a distinguished road
I wonder if it would rock the forum equilibrium if there was a thread dedicated to polls only.

As a new member, I am:

1. Looking for information
2. Trying to follow certain subjects to understand the point
3. Trying to follow certain posters to understand their points
4. Have a safe place to ask questions and express myself

And, while I, too have started a poll thread, I find it hard to cull through all the polls (easily distracted by curiosity ).

Does anyone else feel that way?
On the other hand, I would never want to infringe on someone's self expression...and maybe we need the polls to be interested enough to keep reading...
Old 12-12-04, 02:02 PM
Forum ADDvocate

paulbf will become famous soon enough
Stuck,
You can do a lot with the search feature including searching for "polls" probably. You can search users posts by clicking their name and get a nice little summary with a preview of each post.

I think people like the polls enough that this change won't happen <grin>.
Old 12-15-04, 08:39 PM

rottndobelover is on a distinguished road
I think it's hard to try and function and express yourself to a group of people. I tend to get even more nervous because I am involved with a prison inmate and am further isolated. "Normal" people have trouble trying to understand the ADHD, because most view it as a kids disease, but when I bring up my fiancee and his current living arrangements I become the social pariah.

Dream as if you'll live forever,
Live as if you'll die today--- James Dean
Old 01-13-05, 01:14 PM
Jr Member

timodo is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuck
I wonder if it would rock the forum equilibrium if there was a thread dedicated to polls only.

As a new member, I am:

1. Looking for information
2. Trying to follow certain subjects to understand the point
3. Trying to follow certain posters to understand their points
4. Have a safe place to ask questions and express myself

And, while I, too have started a poll thread, I find it hard to cull through all the polls (easily distracted by curiosity ).

Does anyone else feel that way?
On the other hand, I would never want to infringe on someone's self expression...and maybe we need the polls to be interested enough to keep reading...
I am new to these boards as of a day or two ago. This is only my third post, but I have to admit, I would like to see all the polls moved to their own section. Not for any difficulty in finding certain posts or posters, but rather, I don't wanna feel like I am a frickin lab rat everytime I go to the general forums.

I have come to these forums to look for support and to offer some if I get the chance. I didn't come here so that "someone" can ask me what my favorite food is, because he/she has a theory that ADD'ers eat more fast food than the regular population. And to be honest? The # of polls I see in here makes me question the sincerity of the people in these forums as a whole....