ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADDForums FRONT OFFICE > Forums Help, Q&A
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-10, 09:32 AM
Contributor

tweetiebirdk has disabled reputation
Can I not delete posts that are a day old that Im unhappy embarrassed by (Im a Newbie

Can I not delete posts that are a day old that Im unhappy embarrassed by (Im a Newbie) ?

I want to edit at least or delete posts from a few days ago as im really emberrassed , can I not do this?

Thanks for reading.
Old 06-18-10, 09:38 AM
Contributor

Krys. is a jewel in the roughKrys. is a jewel in the roughKrys. is a jewel in the rough
Re: Can I not delete posts that are a day old that Im unhappy embarrassed by (Im a Ne

Unfortunately not. I'd probably post more often if that were an option. I like the option of deleting my stuff after I'm done whether it be because I just don't like the way I put something, or it's no longer relevant. I think a moderator might have the ability to delete a post for you but I'm not sure. I bet you'll find out soon though. (=

"Circumstances do not make a man, they reveal him"
The Following User Says Thank You to Krys. For This Useful Post:
tweetiebirdk (06-18-10)
Old 06-18-10, 09:44 AM
ADDvanced Forum ADDvocate

Thanked 21,896 Times in 7,981 Posts
ginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond reputeginniebean has a reputation beyond repute
Re: Can I not delete posts that are a day old that Im unhappy embarrassed by (Im a Ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by tweetiebirdk View Post
Can I not delete posts that are a day old that Im unhappy embarrassed by (Im a Newbie) ?

I want to edit at least or delete posts from a few days ago as im really emberrassed , can I not do this?

Thanks for reading.

hahahahah can we get rid of posts that embarass us.. well how many posts would be left? ahahhahahaha

just kidding, but you know there is something to that.. I have had quite a few moments where my impulse ... oh damn.. but you're amongst friends.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to ginniebean For This Useful Post:
dgarrard29 (12-10-10), LynneC (06-24-11), RockyRoad (11-25-10), tinywiney (06-23-10), tweetiebirdk (06-18-10)
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-10, 09:56 AM
ADDvanced Member

Sirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to allSirrah is a name known to all

There's been times when I've said more than I should and really, really wanted to delete some posts.

Kind of a good thing I'm not able to, though. This anxious need to water myself down so that I feel more accepted is not something I should succumb to. Commit to being yourself and live with the consequences, I say.

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Sirrah For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (06-18-10), ginniebean (06-18-10), Imnapl (11-21-10), LynneC (06-24-11), peripatetic (06-18-10), tinywiney (06-23-10), tweetiebirdk (06-18-10), Uuuh,noname? (06-18-11)
Old 06-18-10, 10:12 AM
can't remember diddly

Thanked 6,053 Times in 3,092 Posts
EYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond reputeEYEFORGOT has a reputation beyond repute

From our guidelines:

Quote:
* Further, it is the policy of this community NOT to delete posts unless the information in a post may put someone in jeopardy. It is the members' responsibility to think of the potential consequences of the post they are about to make prior to doing so. Removing a post will often destroy readability of the thread by making it unreadable. Deleting the first post in a thread will cause the deletion of the entire thread. Members do not appreciate spending their time responding to posts only to have the post they make disappear, so we make it a point not to delete posts just because people change their mind after making a post.
The editing or removal of posts is up to the mods/admins. If your time to edit has run out, then you may pm a moderator about changing something, but don't get your hopes up.

We highly recommend that you do not post anything so personal that if someone you know were to be on here they would know who you are and what you're referring to. That's for pm's and emails with people you've gotten to know better. Otherwise, everything you say is in front of thousands of people.

As a fellow sufferer of "foot in mouth disease",I understand about speaking impulsively. I sometimes have to reread my posts ten times before hitting the "post reply" button; but it's worth the extra time to hit a pause button (figuratively speaking) first.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to EYEFORGOT For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (06-18-10), Imnapl (11-21-10), sarek (06-21-11), tinywiney (06-23-10), tweetiebirdk (06-18-10)
Old 06-18-10, 11:35 AM

Thanked 13,641 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

One of the ways that I avoid "terminal foot in mouth" disease is to write my post in something that I uniquely control. Usually, I will open a mail message, address it to me, and write whatever. Then I let it sit on my desktop. I may even mail it to myself. When I am satisfied that I am saying what I think I want to say, I copy it and paste it into a post. It's my electronic way of scribbling in red crayon.

So far, it works well- even for someone as impulsive as me.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
Dizfriz (06-18-10), EYEFORGOT (06-19-10), Imnapl (11-21-10), meridian (06-22-10), tinywiney (06-23-10), tweetiebirdk (06-18-10), Uuuh,noname? (06-18-11)
Old 06-18-10, 01:18 PM
Contributor

tweetiebirdk has disabled reputation

Thanks thats a good idea but I suppose I need to rethink how impulsive I am on forums and especially when it times out your editing .

cheers
The Following User Says Thank You to tweetiebirdk For This Useful Post:
ADHDTigger (06-18-10)
Old 06-18-10, 01:43 PM

Thanked 13,641 Times in 5,040 Posts
ADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond reputeADHDTigger has a reputation beyond repute

Tweetie, if it helps, the edit timeout is 30 minutes.

Speaking only for myself, I will look at a person's posting if they request it and will make changes if requested AND do not serve to make another person's post later in the thread nonsensical. Unless the post has crossed forum guidelines, I will not delete it as that can be unfair to those who have posted in the thread. Often some great discussion results.

I have read your postings and have yet to find problems with them. You ask good questions and you listen carefully to feedback. Something else that you have done exactly right is use a forum name that doesn't identify you individually.

Part of posting here is a growth experience- although that isn't really called out anywhere. Through posting and giving yourself a chance to express yourself honestly, you have a unique opportunity to see yourself with new eyes and through the eyes of others.

If I thought you stepped in it, I would tell you. So far, I don't see that at all.

Incidentally- the most I have ever edited a post for a person was to break up their text into paragraphs. Generally, when you see acceptance, it is much easier to be okay with what you have said. I think that it is part of recognizing that this really IS a safe place.

You're doing good, hon.

Never forget. "Normal" is just a setting on the washing machine.
Do you really want to be a setting on the washing machine?
If you do, wouldn't you rather be the spin cycle?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ADHDTigger For This Useful Post:
Imnapl (11-21-10), meridian (06-22-10), tinywiney (06-23-10)
Old 06-21-11, 01:44 PM
ADDvanced Member

littlefidget will become famous soon enough

Man, I wish there was a delete button.

I have issues with my impulsitivity and have now learnt that I really need to wait a little while between writing and posting. Not that anything is really embarrassing or identifiable.

I posted a little rambly vent the other day though, and kinda wish I hadn't...
Old 06-21-11, 02:22 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Brob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefidget View Post
Man, I wish there was a delete button.

I have issues with my impulsitivity and have now learnt that I really need to wait a little while between writing and posting. Not that anything is really embarrassing or identifiable.

I posted a little rambly vent the other day though, and kinda wish I hadn't...
Young lady, I am very disappointed in you as I have read through all of your posts only to find out that there was no train wreck of a post to be found, and worse, that your posts all seem to be articulate and well reasoned!

I wonder if you are harder on yourself than you should be?

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall
Nelson Mandela

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Brob2 For This Useful Post:
littlefidget (06-21-11), LynneC (06-24-11)
Old 06-21-11, 04:41 PM
ADDvanced Member

littlefidget will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brob2 View Post
Young lady, I am very disappointed in you as I have read through all of your posts only to find out that there was no train wreck of a post to be found, and worse, that your posts all seem to be articulate and well reasoned!

I wonder if you are harder on yourself than you should be?

Aw thanks Brob2 I feel like everything I do or say is a train wreck so your post meant a lot to me. I am most definitely too hard on myself (too high expectations) I am my own worst enemy. I will try very hard to be more positive though, because I don't like disappointing people
Old 06-21-11, 05:37 PM
ADDvanced Contributor

Brob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud ofBrob2 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlefidget View Post
Aw thanks Brob2 I feel like everything I do or say is a train wreck so your post meant a lot to me. I am most definitely too hard on myself (too high expectations) I am my own worst enemy. I will try very hard to be more positive though, because I don't like disappointing people
Yup, we beat ourselves up all the time. Much better to have the same expectations for ourselves that we have for others, isn't it?!

The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall
Nelson Mandela