ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > ADULTS AND ADD/ADHD > Adult Diagnosis & Treatment
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adult Diagnosis & Treatment This forum is for the discussion of issues related to the diagnosis of AD/HD

Old 04-15-16, 03:49 PM
Contributor

weareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really niceweareacc is just really nice
Re: Steps to get Assessed for ADHD

Want to be taken seriously? Get an advocate and tell them what you want to happen - docs have a habit of listening to your advocate.
You may even get one for free if you are near a city, as some advocacy agents are charities.
Old 04-25-16, 09:36 PM

gothceltgirl is on a distinguished road
Re: Steps to get Assessed for ADHD

Yes greyhound Primary Care Physician. I just moved to NJ in Oct. So I have a new doc. But as usual, limited help, limited everything, so primarily useless. I have to take care of all my fatigue, shortness of breath, etc. B4 I can even worry about ADHD treatment/diagnosis. I was supposed to go today, but it took me way too long to get to sleep and then didn't get up until after 4 pm, so I missed my 2nd (rescheduled) appt.

And don't feel bad, I'm confused by all these acronyms as well. Especially the internet slang ones, always have to look them up. Thanks to internet slang sites I'm not so behind the times.