ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 07-18-10, 09:57 PM

megaplex2112 is on a distinguished road
Was I taking to much Vyvanse?

I started taking Vyvanse 30 mg for a couple weeks.

- Then my psychologist upped it to 50 mg after, for a couple weeks.

- Then, to 70 mg the following couple of weeks.

- Then he added Prestique 50 mg to be for a couple weeks.

- And last week, he wanted me to take Vyvanse 70 mg with 100 mg of Prestique.

Almost, every day for the past couple of weeks or so, I felt ridicously jittery, and the more MEDs I took, the more my thoughts were racing, and the more it became harder to concentrate.

He kept saying everything would be fine, but I felt that it wasn't. About a week ago, when I was trying to do some homework, I could hear my inner thoughts screaming angrily at me. It was the first time it happened.

Last Tuesday, I had an exam in the morning from 10 a.m. to 12 p.m. I took Vyvanse 70 Mg at 8 a.m., and Prestique about 9:30, however, when I took the exam, my thoughts were racing excessively, and I couldn't concentrate for longer than 4 seconds.

I decided to start lowering my dosage on my own to see the effects. On Thursday of this week, I stopped Prestique completely, and only took 70 MG of Vyvanse every day since yesterday. I noticed though, that my thoughts were still racing, and I couldn't stop myself to give myself a break for deliberate thought. I felt like I wasn't breathing enough, and that it was hard to stop. All my angry thoughts were cycling over and over again, that I had to take a walk in the park to calm down. Literally, for about 2 hours, I just let my autopilot walk around as I let all the angry thoughts about my exam failure out and energy cycle out.

Today, I took 30 Mg in the morning, and I have been feeling pretty calm and relaxed, able to be think deliberately, and do my homework.

So my question is that.. was I taken too much medication? And were the side effects I was having coming from overdose?