ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Adderall
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Adderall (four amphetamine salts)

Old 08-23-10, 10:04 PM

ameh78 is on a distinguished road
Cant Afford Adderall..?

Does anyone know of any assistance programs available for Amphetamine Salts/adderall?

I have been up and down a roller coaster of different kinds and brands of adderall and FINALLY found the one that works. I am taking Amphetamine Salts 20mg XL. It works and I finally feel like i have control of my life....but now my insurance HRA fund is out and I have to pay full price. I have to pay full price til i hit 2k and thats a long ways away.. I cant afford the 150 for the generic every month. (i take 3 20mg XLs a day). My doctor just said oh well ill switch you to Ritalin. i dont want to switch! I finally found my magic spot and I fear switching again.

I just feel kinda lost here.. I finally found what works after months of ups and downs.. and now all my dr can say is lets go on ritalin.. i cant stand the thought of starting over =[
Old 08-23-10, 11:38 PM

Josh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really nice
Re: Cant Afford Adderall..?

Well thats the goal of raising the price of adderall and its generic by 20%. So vyvanse would be more attractive.

I say why fight it? might work for you. They have a 50 dollar coupon you print out from vyvanse website or just google it.

Or, You can switch to adderall IR. tablets. 40 dollars with no insurance for 60 tablets each tab 30 mg (the price of this med fluctuates from a pharm to another for IR). call around ask cash price.

XR the price is high so pharmacies can not play with the price that much.
Old 08-24-10, 12:33 PM

ameh78 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh_kelly View Post
Well thats the goal of raising the price of adderall and its generic by 20%. So vyvanse would be more attractive.

I say why fight it? might work for you. They have a 50 dollar coupon you print out from vyvanse website or just google it.

Or, You can switch to adderall IR. tablets. 40 dollars with no insurance for 60 tablets each tab 30 mg (the price of this med fluctuates from a pharm to another for IR). call around ask cash price.

XR the price is high so pharmacies can not play with the price that much.
ya know, I thought to myself, why not give ritalin a chance? ... but a HUGE part of me says adderall in my current dose is WORKING. Why would i want to change that?? Why fix what isnt broken? It took what felt like forever to finally find the right dose and now that ive found my fix.. i have to change it.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-10, 12:43 PM

Josh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really niceJosh_kelly is just really nice

Maybe I misunderstood you. I was not suggesting ritalin although its a good option. You can get 90 day of generic ritalin for 10 dollars (I remember saw that in walmart).

I was suggesting that you switch to the immediate form of adderall (tablets) because its much cheaper.

Or switch to vyvanse which is similar to adderall xr but without the kick factor. just focus. it lasts longer too.
It didn't work for me. I do better with the kick i got from adderall.
Old 08-26-10, 07:50 PM

Winkle is on a distinguished road

So I'm in the same boat. Been taking adderall xr 10 mgs for over 3 years. Life changing for me. Now my insurance has declared its a level 2 drug and I have to pay 50% of the fee. Which before I paid 30% or a $50 cap. Now my meds cause $197/month. So I'm switching to Vyvanse next week. I'm a little upset about it.
Old 08-27-10, 10:27 PM
Contributor

dbellca82 has a spectacular aura aboutdbellca82 has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winkle View Post
So I'm in the same boat. Been taking adderall xr 10 mgs for over 3 years. Life changing for me. Now my insurance has declared its a level 2 drug and I have to pay 50% of the fee. Which before I paid 30% or a $50 cap. Now my meds cause $197/month. So I'm switching to Vyvanse next week. I'm a little upset about it.
My insurance does not dispense or provide generic Adderall XR due to the generic has not been proven to be as of equal quality with brand. This works out good for me because I get 200 30mg Adderall XR each time. I pay a generic copay for the medication, even though it brand name. i pick up 200 brand name adderall xr each time and it only costs me $30.00 for a three month supply, whereas the slip when i pick up also shows cash price which is 936.00

1 mg methylphenidate = 0.5 mg D-amphetamine = 0.5 - 0.75 mg Adderall

Not to get technical, but according to chemistry, alcohol is a solution.