ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community  

Go Back   ADD Forums - Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Support and Information Resources Community > TREATMENT & MANAGEMENT > Medications > Vyvanse
Register Blogs FAQ Chat Members List Calendar Donate Gallery Arcade Mark Forums Read

Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate)

Old 08-27-10, 06:09 PM

JudithD will become famous soon enough
How long for Vyvanse to get out of your system?

So far, so good on the Vyvanse. I also have anxiety - Take 15mg Paxil,
1 mg Klonopin.

Anxiety has been under total control until I started Vyvanse. BUT the anxiety ONLY appears when I'm stressed out about a situation.

I might have a job interview sometime next week... and don't need the Vyvanse to get through it. I only have problems focusing when learning a new task.

I know if the Vyvanse is in my system during the interview, I may be prone to a panic attack. Not really a good first impression...

Does anyone know how long it takes for the Vyvanse to totally get out of your system??? Are there any withdrawl side effects if I stop for a few days?

Thank you so much - JudithD
Old 08-27-10, 06:40 PM
Jr Member

Keestra is on a distinguished road
Re: How long for Vyvanse to get out of your system?

This will differ greatly among people and are tons of variables but in general this would be a good anwser. " After oral administration, lisdexamfetamine is rapidly absorbed from the gastrointestinal tract. Lisdexamfetamine is converted to dextroamphetamine and l-lysine, which is believed to occur by first-pass intestinal and/or hepatic metabolism. Lisdexamfetamine is not metabolized by cytochrome P450 enzymes. Following the oral administration of a 70 mg dose of radiolabeled lisdexamfetamine dimesylate to 6 healthy subjects, approximately 96% of the oral dose radioactivity was recovered in the urine and only 0.3% recovered in the feces over a period of 120 hours. Of the radioactivity recovered in the urine, 42% of the dose was related to amphetamine, 25% to hippuric acid, and 2% to intact lisdexamfetamine. Plasma concentrations of unconverted lisdexamfetamine are low and transient, generally becoming non-quantifiable by 8 hours after administration. The plasma elimination half-life of lisdexamfetamine typically averaged less than one hour in studies of lisdexamfetamine dimesylate in volunteers." http://www.rxlist.com/vyvanse-drug.htm
Withdrawal is alittle more complicated and not easily answered, it matters the dose your taking, tolerance and your dependence to it. I keep my dependence very low so i only really notice it for 2 or 3 days after stopping and during that time i feel lightly sick, over emotional, tired and hungry. Also a lot more prone to panic attacks.
I would really suggest u try and keep the most even dose of ur vyvanse and keep klonopin on you or even take it a little b4 ur interview if your feeling distress. This should provide the most stable state for your interview.
The Following User Says Thank You to Keestra For This Useful Post:
JudithD (08-27-10)
Old 08-27-10, 08:02 PM

Thanks for the info. I've only been on it for approximately 2 weeks???... 30 mg was not effective, so we upped it to 60 mg since last Saturday.
Hopefully I can stop it without side effects since I haven't been on it that long.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-28-10, 12:24 AM
Contributor

demo3210 is an unknown quantity at this point

Vyvanse takes about 5 days to leave your system. I usually notice a substantial drop in my attention after 2 days.

The most common symptom with abrupt cessation of Vyvanse is likely noticeable fatigue, possibly even after only a couple weeks of taking Vyvanse. Coffee helps combat this, but probably wouldn't be good in your case if your susceptible to panic attacks.

Good luck with your interview!
JudithD (08-29-10)
Old 08-29-10, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by demo3210 View Post
Vyvanse takes about 5 days to leave your system. I usually notice a substantial drop in my attention after 2 days.

The most common symptom with abrupt cessation of Vyvanse is likely noticeable fatigue, possibly even after only a couple weeks of taking Vyvanse. Coffee helps combat this, but probably wouldn't be good in your case if your susceptible to panic attacks.

Good luck with your interview!
Thank you - I have quite a bit experience in the job I found, so hopefully they will call me in for an interview.

Demo, THANK YOU for telling me about the fatigue.

I didn't take the Vyvanse on Saturday and fatigue is putting mildly!!

I couldn't move all day, I was sooo tired. Absolutely zero energy. Hard when you have 4 cats, 2 dogs and a horse to take care of. Thank goodness I have a very understanding husband.

Slept until 12:15 in afternoon (after having breakfast), had to go out of the house to run one errand. Came back and slept until 9:00 PM, got up for a little while, then went back to bed and slept all night.

I'll have to keep taking it until they hopefully call me. I work at a stable, and need all my energy.

Thank you again... Judith